nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
Life seems INCREDIBLY hard, and unless you're born wealthy, it's mostly a struggle. But even then, wealthy people end their lives like Anthony Bourdain and Kurt Cobai. I'm just tired of struggling in a pointless and meaningless existence.

I'm scheduled for a vasectomy in a few months so I won't be able to get anyone pregnant if I have sex.

It seems to me you only regret suicide if you use a method that is painful/might leave you disabled like using a shotgun, taking APAP/paracetamol, cutting your wrists. Does anyone regret taking Xanax + Heroin + Alcohol.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and letmeseethedeath
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
Life seems INCREDIBLY hard, and unless you're born wealthy, it's mostly a struggle. But even then, wealthy people end their lives like Anthony Bourdain and Kurt Cobai. I'm just tired of struggling in a pointless and meaningless existence.

I'm scheduled for a vasectomy in a few months so I won't be able to get anyone pregnant if I have sex.

It seems to me you only regret suicide if you use a method that is painful/might leave you disabled like using a shotgun, taking APAP/paracetamol, cutting your wrists. Does anyone regret taking Xanax + Heroin + Alcohol.
Is the vasectomy your choice or a doctors?

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Suicide is the only action you can take where it would be literally impossible to regret because regrets are only for the living.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ramirez, FriendofDeath and 8 others
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
I've watched a few documentaries about people who failed ctb with gunshots to the head. A couple were face transplant patients. They've gone through absolute hell, unimaginable pain, numerous surgeries, horrible facial deformity and now face life long medical complications.

It amazes me that they all say they regret trying to ctb and are just glad to be alive. I always feel like they're just saying it for their families sake, because I just cant grasp how someone who wanted to die, and now has to live like that, is happy.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide, Lostandlooking, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
T

TheSkyIsBlue

Student
May 16, 2020
Yeah, failing is one of my biggest fears. I already failed once, but gladly it didn't cause me any permanent damage. I want to use cyanide again, but I need to take a dose big enough to actually kill me. I don't want to end up in coma and wake up after 10 years. That would be hell.

dana

dana

Sep 2, 2020
There is no regret once dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: fat feet
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
You literally can't regret it because you'll be dead lol

Reactions: fat feet
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
If you mean people that regret during attempts I assume it's SI or fear if the unknown/death.

M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
One of the greatest predictors of a suicide attempt in the future are a history of a previous suicide attempt in the past. Based on that data(?) it seems like there's a pretty good chunk of people who did not in fact regret attempting suicide because if they did and lived why would that be a major risk factor for trying again?

If most people regretted it wouldn't we expect a pattern of people trying once, failing, and then being less likely to try again? Idk, maybe the data gets skewed by suicide "gestures" but the "oh everyone regrets it" just doesn't seem to line up with that, and I've always wanted a better explanation tbh

Reactions: TJuk and dana
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, that is correct, once someone is dead (unless they failed and be severely crippled, in a lot of pain, permanent damage), then no they cannot regret as they are dead and lack the capacity (and conscious) to process or feel 'regret'. Also on that note, the people who regret it, regret failing because of the permanent damage, not being able to re-attempt in the future (permanent injury preventing them from doing so), and the consequences of the fallout (stigma, shunning, shame, etc.) rather than just failing the attempt.

Reactions: DFFP
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019

This is where having a solid plan is important. You may have a very short time to ponder the wisdom of your decision, but once in motion the act cannot be undone.
With luck, those few moments will be filled with a sense of satisfaction that it worked.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
"dead men tell no tales"?

Niirvana

Niirvana

♥Soon♥
Sep 18, 2020
Yeah, failing is one of my biggest fears. I already failed once, but gladly it didn't cause me any permanent damage. I want to use cyanide again, but I need to take a dose big enough to actually kill me. I don't want to end up in coma and wake up after 10 years. That would be hell.
How did u get cyanide?

Reactions: LonelyNick