• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
A lot of people will say "well that's life, get over it".
But I can't. That's the problem.

Or they call you lazy.

it's not worth trying anymore.

It's not that I'm lazy just working hard doesn't pay off. This isn't a good country for a majority of us.

America has turned into the worlds largest and most expensive nursing home. Generation ME will stop at no end to take take take even from their own children if it means them and pedo billionaires can make money together.

They had good lives in childhood, good jobs in their youth, could flirt with chicks and afford to take them places, good lives as adults, friends who wanted to go out and do things, could treat their families to dinner and pay back people who have helped them, worked one job and have a house and a new car with health insurance that paid for everything, pay your mortgage/ rent with 1/4 of salary. One hour of work would get you 10 gallons of gas or more.

Im 33 and I have never had any of that shit and you wonder what my fucking problems are. I have to sacrifice all of that in my life so they can continue sucking every penny out me for the old fucks to continue living like they are 20. Never been on a cruise or planned a vacation. Never have had the opportunity to choose a vehicle. Never taken a girl to fine dining. Never had a place that feels like home to me.
When I'm older social security will either not be around or even worse than it is now. That means that my entire life will be shit and they will have had a good one from the beginning until the end.

Honestly I made a huge effort in myself and feel like I came so far, but it will never be enough anyways and is a waste of time. It's clear my life is destined for shit and everyone around me is right, there is nothing I can do about it so I accept death.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature, WhatPowerIs, abcz and 2 others
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
As someone who's survived most of my adult life and found most parts to be happy and fulfilling, I am curious to know what you would like to do with your adult life? Yes, you need to get a job to pay your bills and survive. And it sucks that it seems like we're near the end of a game of Monopoly, and only a few have all the money and they're going to do everything to win the game.

But the hope is that while you were in school, you found something that you were interested in, and ideally were passionate about. Then you find a job in that field, and hopefully find ways to advance yourself and field.

I realize this post is filled with "hopefully" and "ideally", and also know that this is not the reality for many. But knowing that in our society we need to earn money to survive, what we're you hoping to do in your adulthood? And what's stopping you?
I know you're talking to OP... but for me personally, I was going through the motions my entire life and I never had any big dreams or aspirations. Even right now in college I am studying something that I do not care about (and am failing as well :( ), I have been sleepwalking through life.

• Aww..
Reactions: girlwithflaxenhair0, venomousSSërpent74, sserafim and 1 other person
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
I wish I had wealthy parents that could provide me with a good paying job, or find a rich man who pays for everything. I'm too mentally ill to keep a job/go to school and it makes me feel like a failure. People look down on you if you work for minimum wage. They judge you if you can't finish college. I'm looked at differently.

Our lives are mostly spent working and doing errands, chores… depression makes you tired enough but now I am exhausted.

I have to go to work for 8 hours surrounded by shitty coworkers just to come home and do more work…too tired to have fun. When I'm off work, I'm just thinking about the next time I have to go. I'm always stressed out. My mind races. What's the point? I give up. All these adults look miserable most of the time. I burst out crying randomly. It's no wonder I want to be dead, it's the only way I'll ever be at peace.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm depressed that I feel this way.

I miss being a kid.
Well, if you think money would solve all your problems then that's really sad.

It's because of money that we are where we are as a society.

Reactions: sserafim
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Your post is relatable. When I was younger (teenager) I had absolutely no idea what I truly wanted to do when I grew older; yes - I had some aspirations in terms of jobs and such, but nothing was concrete. I started "going through the motions" and just following what others my age were doing. One of the only reasons I even stayed alive when I was younger (late teens/early twenties), despite being suicidal and having no solid goals, was because I made some close friends; this was enough to entice me to stay. Of course these close friends are all gone now, so in hindsight maybe this was a waste of time too. Now I am here, and older, and still have no idea what I truly want in life. I have come full circle, but only this time: rather than being a child/young person with no friends or plans I am an older adult with no friends and no plans, and also certain adult expectations - just as you have mentioned. At least in childhood there was time to recover and change; not so much in adulthood.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and abcz
violetdevil

violetdevil

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Well, if you think money would solve all your problems then that's really sad.

It's because of money that we are where we are as a society.
Nah I know money won't solve all my problems

Reactions: sserafim and Blue Elephant
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
my thoughts exactly

Reactions: sserafim and violetdevil
E

Eumetazoa

Oct 19, 2023
Same. Can't handle college, so I'm behind 3 years in studies (have only one year to make up for that too, idk how I'll be able to do that), barely able to do my part time job that takes less than 3h, can barely do anything at all. Just going through the motions, even if there aren't many. But my childhood/teens were the same. Major turn to being suicidal was actually when, as a kid, I thought "I hate eating, sleeping, breathing, walking, etc". So maybe it's not that I can't handle being adult, I just can't handle being at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3ad
ihatethisplanet

ihatethisplanet

Jun 21, 2023
I've never liked it or gotten used to it and I'm a complete geezer compared to you folks.

I miss no big money worries, no relationship with the opposite sex, my childhood dog, not having to drive, Barbies, etc., friends who had time for me, the ability to eat a lot without gaining weight, etc. The downsides to childhood were mini panic attacks and IBS that no one took seriously or treated, plus early high school was a sweat fest with the math and science, but that's pretty much it.

d3ad

d3ad

Mar 15, 2023
I wish I had wealthy parents that could provide me with a good paying job, or find a rich man who pays for everything. I'm too mentally ill to keep a job/go to school and it makes me feel like a failure. People look down on you if you work for minimum wage. They judge you if you can't finish college. I'm looked at differently.

Our lives are mostly spent working and doing errands, chores… depression makes you tired enough but now I am exhausted.

I have to go to work for 8 hours surrounded by shitty coworkers just to come home and do more work…too tired to have fun. When I'm off work, I'm just thinking about the next time I have to go. I'm always stressed out. My mind races. What's the point? I give up. All these adults look miserable most of the time. I burst out crying randomly. It's no wonder I want to be dead, it's the only way I'll ever be at peace.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm depressed that I feel this way.

I miss being a kid.
I can relate to this hard. I am here if you need someone to vent to or just to talk to. I am really sorry you have to go through this. 🫂

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I had a lot of difficulties in my childhood, but there was one period of time in my childhood that I was genuinely happy and I haven't felt that way since. I hate being an adult, I hate having all these responsibilities but no time to enjoy them, I hate that I'm no longer innocent and naive, I hate having so much expected of me but not being able to meet those expecations, I miss having goals and aspirations to work for, I miss being passionate about things, I miss believing magic was real, I miss all of it.

This song is exactly how I feel:

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It wouldn't be as bad if we could get a shorter work week for the same money. Buuut nope.
Most people don't know that medieval peasants worked less hours a year on average than wagies today.