• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
My date is tomorrow.
I really hope I do it this time.
But there is one thing, and that is the not existing part.
After I do it, there will be nothing.
I will feel and think nothing.
This is final, and I know I absoulty have to go through with it.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I think the same thing about the not existing, but that's what gives me the courage to go on with it, afterwards there will be no regret about it, no struggles any more, no worry, or just another different pile of rubbish to deal with, there'll just be nothing.

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
You might have heard of him before but I recommend listening to audio streams on YouTube of Alan Watts. He's a good philosopher. It's hard to imagine not existing but when you ctb your body still exists.

Energy can't be created or destroyed it can only change forms. And as others say, even if there is truly nothing afterwards. There's nothing to be afraid of -pun intended.

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
For me, that's exactly what makes me lucky.

To know that "nothing" will be anymore. That I know that I won't even know that I'm not nothing

@ophiastri described it perfectly. Back to the status I had since the beginning of the universe and from which I was forcibly torn out by my birth.

I find it comforting to think about it in this way: remember what it was like before you were born. It wasn't cold, sad, lonely or anything. You managed to survive it for 14 billion years so it can't be that bad. :tongue:
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me this point of view, which I had never recognized myself before
:heart:

Last edited:
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
Once I had a surgery that took a whole day, the doctor simply put a mask on me, I blinked my eyes and the surgery was over. I think dying is just like I was the whole day, but you will never wake up again. The part of not "wake up again" is what makes things a little scary.

Last edited:
FlyMe2TheMoon

FlyMe2TheMoon

I'm just so tired.
Sep 30, 2020
I feel the same way. Eternity and nothingness are difficult for the human brain to grasp.
Luckily, we won't have to comprehend not existing. When we die, we won't have a brain, or the ability to think, or anything.
I'd say it'd be boring to live in nothingness for the rest of eternity, but it won't be, because you won't have a concept of boredom. You won't have a concept of anything. You will be less conscious than the smallest life form. It's both scary and calming to think about.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
"The late Isaac Asimov, interviewed in Bill Moyers' series "A World of Ideas," questioned the traditional religious picture of our fate after death: "When I die I won't go to heaven or hell, there will just be nothingness." Asimov's naturalistically based skepticism about heaven or hell is common among secularists (there is no evidence for such realms) but he commits an equally common fallacy in his blithe assumption about nothingness, namely that it could "be." By substituting nothingness for heaven and hell, Asimov implies that it awaits us after death. Indeed the word itself, with the suffix "ness," conjures up the strange notion of "that stuff which does not exist." In using it we may start to think, in a rather casual, unreflective way, that there exists something that doesn't exist, but of course this is not a little contradictory. We must simply see that nothingness doesn't exist, period.

Harvard philosopher Robert Nozick, in his book The Examined Life, expresses much the same view as Asimov, and in much the same context. He debunks, in a very respectful tone, the wishful thinking that supposes there will be an afterlife involving the memories and personality of a currently existing person. "It might be nice to believe such a theory, but isn't the truth starker? This life is the only existence there is; afterward there is nothing." Although he probably doesn't mean to, with these words Nozick may suggest to the unwary that "nothing" is something like a state into which we go and never return. But, as Paul Edwards explained in "Existentialism and Death," death is not a state, it is not a condition in which we end up after dying. Of course I'm not denying that we die and disappear, only that we go into something called non-existence, nothing, or nothingness..

...But death rules out any such experience or witnessing (of nothing), unless of course we covertly believe, as Burgess seems to, that in death we persist as some sort of pseudo-subject, to whom eternity presents itself as "black velvet." Burgess, as well as Nozick and Asimov, all deny that they continue on in any form, so their picture of the subject trapped in nothingness after death is rather contradictory. Since death really is the end of the individual, it cannot mean the arrival of darkness as witnessed by some personal remnant."

-- tom clark, "death, nothingness and subjectivity"

SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
I would like to thank everyone that replied, as each comment has been very useful and insightful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
me neither. i feel consciousness is primary. i have always existed and matter and time are just concepts. i think consciousness will adopt other form when we die, same as when we die in a dream, where it all also felt so real. but who knows

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I will feel and think nothing.
If by some chance you actually do continue to exist on some level come by and send me a sign. I will pick it up. And post it here.
I'm wishing you luck and peace. And admiring your courage.
I recommend listening to audio streams on YouTube of Alan Watts.
Love Alan Watts. One of my all time favorite books is The Way of Zen by him.

Reactions: SHThrowAway213
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I love the concept of non existence. It is the hardest concept for the human brain to fully understand since we keep wanting to use concepts like feel, think, of "it's like", but it isn't like anything so there is no comparison. The concept of nothingness was very interesting to have with an 8 year old (not relating to death). His conclusion was " It makes me think of when you have a computer this is off and unplugged, so it isn't thinking anymore and doesn't have electricity. If you take away the monitor you aren't distracted by the black screen since it makes you think of blackness".

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I love the concept of non existence. It is the hardest concept for the human brain to fully understand since we keep wanting to use concepts like feel, think, of "it's like", but it isn't like anything so there is no comparison. The concept of nothingness was very interesting to have with an 8 year old (not relating to death). His conclusion was " It makes me think of when you have a computer this is off and unplugged, so it isn't thinking anymore and doesn't have electricity. If you take away the monitor you aren't distracted by the black screen since it makes you think of blackness".
It is hard to get your head around, since all we know is borne from experiencing something.

Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
It's unfair it's something we all have to deal with no matter how well-equipped we are. Nothing else is as universal for living beings.

I really hope there isn't an afterlife, or if there is one it's not judgmental.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life and death is actually a contradiction (existence and not existence). This logical contradiction is the root of all problems. Time continues to move while the lifespan is finite which means one's life is just a point of (existing and not existing).

Reproduction is illogical because it causes (existence and not existence).

"If you want them to exist, why did you make them not exist? and if you want them to not exist, why did you make them exist?"

It could be applied on everything else, "Do we live to live? Do we live to die?"

Nothingness is just peace and getting rid of this abstract and logical torture. Its sad that people and creatures come to this madness of self-contradictory life.