puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
Would go for full suspension if I wasn't a coward, didn't live with family, had a high enough, stable anchor point. I was supposed to ctb around 1st June but didn't even bother attempting. I am trying to gather some courage to finally off myself as my exams had already started and I am demotivated. Wanna go for partial suspension. I have to eventually do it, at the very least I have to be dead somewhere during this month, preferably sooner. I know it isn't ideal, but I have prepared for long enough.

Reactions: Hybrid and death137
N

nolifer

Dec 25, 2020
Thinking recently about a new idea which is to go camping, or something more long term like camping.
Buy a tent and all the things you need as a camper, like portable stove, batteries that can be recharged by the sun to power things like phone and laptop along with some reserve batteries. I can't live without computers really, it's life essence for me. I'm not even sure a laptop is enough for me but will give it a try. Then I would have it very comfortable and plenty of time to get accustomed to the thought of going through with a full drop hanging. I can live quite well like that camping in the beautiful summer time, easy access to tall trees to hang myself from, laptop in my tent, and I'm talking about a big tent, not one of those small ones only meant to sleep in. So I would have a little log to sit on, camp fire, tent with computer in it, a fishing rod, and a noose hanging from a tree next to the camp. Then I basically try live that kind of camper life style with the ultimate goal of CTB. It would be cheap living too since its free to set up a tent in the forest. Could rent out my apartment while I'm away on that trip just in case I find out I really don't have it in me after all... because it is very hard to go through with.. CTB is horrible even if the goal is beautiful.

I've seen some videos of people who go to live/camp in the forest for a month or longer, and they just wish to desperately go home because of boredom being out in the forest. But the thing is they don't have a computer with them, so of course they will get bored. I would make sure to go to a forest that I can get a internet connection in and bring my computer.

I like that plan more than taking the bus to go to a forest far away bringing a big ladder and rope onto the bus, and paying money for the round trip, and I mean it's not easy to go through with CTB, so you go there, spend whole day traveling and setting it all up, then chicken out and have to pack up and go home again. How many times would you do all that? That's why I think the long term camping plan sounds good because you have as much time as you want (or at least a few months until summer's over), to get into the right mindset to be able to go through with it.

Reactions: shrek34, littlelungs, puppet_nihilist and 1 other person
D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
Who is here hoping to do full suspension soon?
After reading the whole thread I've came to conclusion that if I decide to CTB by hanging, it will be full suspension only. It eliminates the most problems which lead to failure with partial. With full you don't need to worry about your "sweet spot", SI, etc. No matter what happens you will be dead soon.

Reactions: Nullm, CloseFriendofCamus, Kris7825 and 3 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
After reading the whole thread I've came to conclusion that if I decide to CTB by hanging, it will be full suspension only. It eliminates the most problems which lead to failure with partial. With full you don't need to worry about your "sweet spot", SI, etc. No matter what happens you will be dead soon.
Yeah full is better than partial.

If you don't choose hanging then what will you probably choose? And do you plan to ctb soon?

D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
If you don't choose hanging then what will you probably choose? And do you plan to ctb soon?
I have not yet seriously considered other methods, as many of them are simply not available to me. Ideally a plan to do it within 1-2 months or when I will feel desperate enough to do it. Perhaps before that I will try something more comfortable from the category of a tourniquet, night-night, etc. just to see my reaction, how can I overcome the SI.

Reactions: death137
O

ototot

Oct 29, 2020
Do I use slipknot also to anchor point? I chose full suspension since I get vomiting sensation from partial and I dont want to chicken out.

D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
Do I use slipknot also to anchor point? I chose full suspension since I get vomiting sensation from partial and I dont want to chicken out.
The Wiki recommends using snuggle hitch knot for the anchor.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and Ramirez
LetsFlyAway

LetsFlyAway

Wandering Cat
Jun 2, 2021
When you practice the sweet spot how long did you pass out until you awake?

deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
Would I be right in thinking you can achieve full suspension relatively quickly and peacefully? I think the SI makes it hard to commit too. I just don't want to be choking to death for a protracted amount of time

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and littlelungs
puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
Full suspension is ideal if you have a good anchor point.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Solar1703, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Would I be right in thinking you can achieve full suspension relatively quickly and peacefully? I think the SI makes it hard to commit too. I just don't want to be choking to death for a protracted amount of time
You should probably watch this and see for yourself - https://theync.com/pretty-girl-in-sundress-hangs-herself-on-facebook-live.htm

I've seen a lot of hanging videos and this is hands down the most reassuring one. The whole thing took less than 3 minutes - from tying a scarf to the ceiling fan (?), jumping off the chair and then completely passing out.

• Aww..
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, WonderingSoul, Hybrid and 4 others
puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
Sad but it is very reassuring. She was very decisive and completed it quite quickly.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, WonderingSoul, littlelungs and 2 others
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
You should probably watch this and see for yourself - https://theync.com/pretty-girl-in-sundress-hangs-herself-on-facebook-live.htm

I've seen a lot of hanging videos and this is hands down the most reassuring one. The whole thing took less than 3 minutes - from tying a scarf to the ceiling fan (?), jumping off the chair and then completely passing out.
Poor girl. Horrible to witness. Someone was trying to break in. I always find the comments section is always rather disturbing on the YNC site.

it does look to be relatively quick. I'm surprised the Fan and scarf held. Shows you can hang yourself with and on almost anything really.
Wonder how long it took her in that video to overcome SI or if she had been thinking of that for a long time or a short while? I wonder if she got up on that day or maybe even just a few moments prior decided to do it?

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and littlelungs
P

Paine1

Jun 13, 2021
Hello, I'm new here. I've read a lot, but my options are limited. I can take the cover off my ceiling. What should I pay attention to most when testing? should I just roll in length and make the knots or should I rather fold it until it is a hand wide and then roll? I would test it standing up and lie down in it. Attachment would be a pull-up bar (not screwed) the pull-up bar is between 2 walls and is turned up to create tension. when I hang on to it and a little fidget it seems to hold. does anyone have experience with my type of setup? sry for my english i use the translator

Didn't the woman take anything before? She looks very calm on the neckline. With other videos there were sometimes more twitches, sometimes like her, rather calm

Last edited:
W

whatliesbeyond

Jun 12, 2021
Hello, New member here. I really need advices on how to actually pass out from hanging. I've tried the third position, sitting on air, 3 times that day but it was too painful for me. I don't actually know how much pressure is needed to block off the carotid artery for it to work(10kg, but not sure what that translate to). I heard it isn't suppose to be painful so Im guessing I must be doing something wrong. I tried the second option of standing yesterday, but guess I didn't put enough pressure and couldn't pass out after 2 minutes and stopped. I am using the running knot and positioning it right bellow my adam's apple. I did feel like my head is bloated but that was it. I am thinking of trying the second option again(standing), and last resort jumping from over 60 meter bridge. I am one of those afraid of heights, but honestly feel like it's the most successful option I have. Afraid of pain and heights, yeah I know sounds pathetic, but I still want to accomplish it.

I

I'm scared

Feb 16, 2021
Before I joined this site I thought it would be so easy to hang myself as my son in law went off in the middle of the night in a rage and hanged himself with his belt on a branch of a pretty small tree.Now I think maybe he suffered that it took him a while to pass out.The last call on his phone was 4am and he was found around 6am..

• Hugs
Reactions: littlelungs
P

Paine1

Jun 13, 2021
the first time I got pressure in the head, the second time I had no pressure in the head and the vision got a little dark, my arms were shaking and I got SI ... how can I minimize SI? Can alcohol help? If yes how much?
Is it normal that before you pass out your body begins to twitch wildly? As soon as I compress my ateries, the view gets a little darker, it starts after 4-6 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solar1703
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
What do you guys think about pullup bar on a door frame? Mounting it on a door frame wouldn't make me fully hang, I'm tall. But would it still be effective? What if I took some sleeping pills? Pills not for ctb, but to make me weak enough so I fall asleep while "stand hanging" from a door frame. What would be better: rope or some wider band that goes fully around neck?

Reactions: Hybrid and Solar1703
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
What do you guys think about pullup bar on a door frame? Mounting it on a door frame wouldn't make me fully hang, I'm tall. But would it still be effective? What if I took some sleeping pills? Pills not for ctb, but to make me weak enough so I fall asleep while "stand hanging" from a door frame. What would be better: rope or some wider band that goes fully around neck?
I plan on using a pullup bar too. I think I'm just 1 inch too tall for full suspension aswell. Good thing about doing it at home is if it fails you can just take a nap and try some other time. Dont know about rope or band. Have some practice runs with both and see what feels more comfortable.

Reactions: Solar1703 and Motoko
I

I'm scared

Feb 16, 2021
I have read the partial guide and it sounds so simple but people seem to prefer other ways.I am not any good at knots so this will need practice.A pull up bar would be ideal as we had one and it held a good weight while doing gymnastics which swung both ways

Reactions: Motoko
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
You mean something like this? I've thought about using it myself but people on the internet say it needs to be screwed on to the door-frame or it slips.

HTB1GgRbajDuK1RjSszdq6xGLpXa6.jpg

Reactions: Nullm and Motoko
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
You mean something like this? I've thought about using it myself but people on the internet say it needs to be screwed on to the door-frame or it slips.
Yes, or something like this:
amazon-pull-up-bar.jpg

Maybe this one would hold even better. Because when you hang the force goes against the wall more horizontally instead vertically.
I have read the partial guide and it sounds so simple but people seem to prefer other ways.I am not any good at knots so this will need practice.A pull up bar would be ideal as we had one and it held a good weight while doing gymnastics which swung both ways
Yea I'm afraid of bad knot too, I'm not good at that. Lately I've been looking at some equipment made for mount climbing, tree climbing, constructor workers at height. They look like they are easier to manage because they've got special attachments, adjustments etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019

HTB1GgRbajDuK1RjSszdq6xGLpXa6.jpg
I have a similar one. I used it for weighted pull ups for a while and it never slipped or anything without using screws.

Reactions: Hurt, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and Motoko
puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
I am actually. Too much of a pussy
Hey please don't say that. You have no clue how many times I failed partial attempts, it's difficult to go through with it. It must have been insanely difficult going through that, it personally broke me mentally and I think I'm going insane. I can relate. It's too hard, very unnecessarily difficult to just do it and end it all. I hope we can find peace, just for things to not be as bad as we expect.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, CloseFriendofCamus, Hurt and 5 others