Umbreon

Umbreon

Weed Addict
Aug 20, 2020
I think it helps to leave space between the neck and the knot

L

lilitheflower314

Sep 5, 2019
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
So how do you not gag? Everytime I try and I gag and vomit and end up stopping.

B

bob12

Mar 8, 2021
Lean forward
Then how do you plan to keep the pressure on, once you'll have fainted?
(We can continue in DM if you want, but I'll be happy to do it here too)

I'm asking since in my experience, once I'm unconscious, I relieve the pressure because my body falls left or right. I can't replicate the little movements from the youtube video on the choking game

LeGuitarist

LeGuitarist

Eternally Lost
Mar 19, 2021
Can't figure out how to make this work. I want to do partial (using a belt around half an inch thick, hanging from the bar in wardrobes), but I've never managed to make myself pass out. All I get is a ringing in my ears and exploding head feeling. Help...?

NegativeSymptoms

NegativeSymptoms

trying to recover
Sep 4, 2019
Can't figure out how to make this work. I want to do partial (using a belt around half an inch thick, hanging from the bar in wardrobes), but I've never managed to make myself pass out. All I get is a ringing in my ears and exploding head feeling. Help...?
How do you tie a belt?

E

elyayamama

Apr 17, 2020
why whenever I feel like I'm getting close, I have to sneeze uncontrollably and in order to do that I have to step back and undo everything?

K

katesmith

Mar 30, 2021
It definitely means that your setup works and it will probably take around 10-16 secs for you to lose consciousness and if you're not interrupted you should be dead after 20 - 30 mins so let's say that you know for sure that you won't be interrupted for at least an hour. Then you would be dead for sure.
When I have tried partial, all I can feel is my head about to explode and then i get back up.
What am I doing wrong? The rope is right under my jaw line where my artery is.
my rope is tied to my bed frame which is made out of iron. But I can't seem to lose consciousness. So I don't have much other choice but to do full suspension. What kind of knot should i use? A hangmans or the basic slip knot? I was planning on doing it tomorrow morning when my mum takes me dad to the airport and they will be gone for a good two hours do you think that is enough time?

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
thanks for the links to hanging videos

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Octavina
Charaltontin

Charaltontin

Apr 2, 2021
I can't seem to find the carotid artery and can't make myself black out can y'all help me?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
bump, i'd like some tips for that as well, im not too smart when it comes to figuring out anatomy
I can't seem to find the carotid artery and can't make myself black out can y'all help me?
First of all it's easy to find it, just feel with an index finger for two seconds. But why? The rope will constrict everything in the neck, so it makes no sense to "find it" unless someone plans to slice it open.

F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
First of all it's easy to find it, just feel with an index finger for two seconds. But why? The rope will constrict everything in the neck, so it makes no sense to "find it" unless someone plans to slice it open.

I assume whenever someone talks about finding the carotid they are referring to partial. It spooks me when it seems they are referring to full suspension. I'm hoping that I don't need to mess around finding my carotid when I'm dangling from my bedroom ceiling with all 165 pounds of my weight sitting on my neck

Reactions: Charaltontin
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I assume whenever someone talks about finding the carotid they are referring to partial. It spooks me when it seems they are referring to full suspension. I'm hoping that I don't need to mess around finding my carotid when I'm dangling from my bedroom ceiling with all 165 pounds of my weight sitting on my neck
Partial should place a majority of one's weight on the noose, though. People are for some reason putting 2lbs of pressure on it and wondering why it doesn't work :mmm:

D

David

Mar 18, 2021
so finally You suggest the front of the neck or the back of the neck and why ?

F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
so finally You suggest the front of the neck or the back of the neck and why ?
I don't know how front of neck can even work. The back of neck is much further from the arteries and is nothing but tough muscle

D

David

Mar 18, 2021
look I have tried both of them back and front of the neck. when the knot is back of the neck hyoid bone or other things which exist in the front of the neck dont let me close arteries and even jugular veins. but when I put the knot at the front of the neck no hyoid bone or something like that to prevent me from closing the arteries. when i tried front of neck I felt weakness and so quickly I took out the cloth before I lose consciousness. but when the knot was behind of neck just pain in my hyoid bone and my throat and nothing happend. now what is your idea.

Last edited:
D

David

Mar 18, 2021
I read this somewhere in this site.

My theory. To block the carotid arteries, it is necessary to press rather from the sides, and not from the front. At one fulcrum, I only have an exploding head and a cough. But if I just wrap the rope around my neck and pull the rope with my hands to the sides, then I begin to lose consciousness. Thus, it may be more correct to tie the rope to two fulcrum. As in the picture. Just a guess.

now what do you think? is this a good idea for having a successful hanging?
in summary with one anchor point the pressure is on the front of the neck ( hyoid bone and throat and etc ) but with two anchor point pressure is on sides of the neck where the arteries exist , not front of the neck and a vain attempt.

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 25
GrizzlyGrapefruit

GrizzlyGrapefruit

Student
Jun 17, 2019
I read this somewhere in this site.

My theory. To block the carotid arteries, it is necessary to press rather from the sides, and not from the front. At one fulcrum, I only have an exploding head and a cough. But if I just wrap the rope around my neck and pull the rope with my hands to the sides, then I begin to lose consciousness. Thus, it may be more correct to tie the rope to two fulcrum. As in the picture. Just a guess.

now what do you think? is this a good idea for having a successful hanging?
in summary with one anchor point the pressure is on the front of the neck ( hyoid bone and throat and etc ) but with two anchor point pressure is on sides of the neck where the arteries exist , not front of the neck and a vain attempt.
I've experienced this too, although I don't think that having two fulcrums is necessary. In my experience/testing, tilting my head down is needed to get the rope to compress the sides of my neck more as opposed to the front. Have you tried positioning your head as if you're trying to look at your belly?

E

elyayamama

Apr 17, 2020
this scarf is super strong. I've had it for at least 15 years, and have tried it out for hanging many times. the bar in the closet can definitely hold my weight. it is a slipknot that can definitely tighten. so what am I doing wrong? I've tried multiple positions. so much that I had to stop since the skin on my neck is hurting so badly. I've tried kneeling, leaning forward, laying down, etc. I can't make myself pass out. 16183463596823413175642965934010

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Walilamdzii, Nora Rony, JustALad and 2 others
N

nolifer

Dec 25, 2020
Full drop hangings have been used for ages as execution methods. Professional scientists and doctors have researched it even. The method is explicitly explained in many papers, every single question you could think of has a detailed answer.

I think it's sad that this thread discusses 99% of the time suspension hanging because that's a painful and slow way to die. Whereas full drop hanging is "instant". The moment your drop is complete, you immediately lose consciousness because the drop causes your brain stem to be ripped from your brain.

I just can't understand why someone would choose suspension over full drop.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Full drop hangings have been used for ages as execution methods. Professional scientists and doctors have researched it even. The method is explicitly explained in many papers, every single question you could think of has a detailed answer.

I think it's sad that this thread discusses 99% of the time suspension hanging because that's a painful and slow way to die. Whereas full drop hanging is "instant". The moment your drop is complete, you immediately lose consciousness because the drop causes your brain stem to be ripped from your brain.

Well then I don't understand why anyone would choose full drop over 3d-printing their own sarco...

Reactions: Nullm
M

MaxX0X

Apr 11, 2021
I
Appreciate.Sorry for english what is cbt ?i
I'm new here but I think it means "catch the bus".
I'm new here but I think it means "catch the bus".

Last edited:
M

MaxX0X

Apr 11, 2021
Full suspension drop with the intention of breaking one's neck theoretically may sound better but it needs an experienced/professional person to set it up. Otherwise you'll have a total mess with possibly a long, lingering, torturous death.

Personally I'd opt for a guillotine if I could find a pro.

N

nolifer

Dec 25, 2020
Full suspension drop with the intention of breaking one's neck theoretically may sound better but it needs an experienced/professional person to set it up. Otherwise you'll have a total mess with possibly a long, lingering, torturous death.

Personally I'd opt for a guillotine if I could find a pro.
You don't really need a pro to set it up. All you need to do is learn how to tie the rope, and test it by hanging on it with your hands to see if everything's solid. The only thing which could be complicated is the height of the drop. But the instructions for full drop hangings aren't complicated really. It says how long the drop should be depending on your weight. And you could always go the safe way and make the drop a bit longer then necessary. The risk when you make the drop longer than necessary is that your head is ripped off, but it doesn't really make a difference to yourself, just to the ones who find your body.

Btw, guillotine isn't better than full drop hanging, because a guillotine just cleanly cuts your head off, so you'll still be alive for a few seconds until you pass out from lack of blood.

But like I said, with full drop hanging, your brain stem is ripped from your brain, which results in instant unconsciousness, which makes it better than guillotine.
Well then I don't understand why anyone would choose full drop over 3d-printing their own sarco...
That's not at all a relevant comparison. Full drop hanging vs suspension uses rope in both methods, the only difference in that you need a bit more height for a drop, and perhaps a ladder. 3d-printing their own sarco is completely different.

Last edited: