A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Full suspension imo is for people who don't care about the pain and suffocating feeling. They just want to die.

Partial is for those who want a peaceful death and the idea of suffocation to death and pain makes them weary of certain methods.

hope this make sense

Reactions: GreenTree, Octavina and Initiated
C

creep

Apr 29, 2020
I'm just curious if everyone actually thinks suspension hanging is the best way to CTB or if you would pick this method only out of desperation and lack of preparation? I don't really get it, because suspension hanging is going to cause both physical and mental suffering for potentially 10 seconds before you pass out. That makes for example the exit bag method superior in every single aspect, and it's not that difficult to acquire an exit bag either.
Yes, suspension hanging causes a couple of seconds of suffering. However, there are some difficulties with the exit bag that resources often fail to mention:
  • Many helium manufacturers (looking at you Balloon Time) have started diluting their product with oxygen to make it useless for suicide
  • Everything needs to be airtight, from the canister to the safety valve to the tube to the bag over your head. Unless you are the dexterous kind of DIY person, this can be a challenge
  • The amount of prep the method takes gives survival instinct plenty of time to make you change your mind. With hanging you can immediately act when the impulse is there.
Just my experience from a serious attempt.

Reactions: death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
For those who are planning to do full hanging but are very afraid of pushing the chair/stool while you stand on it I think it might help you if you first pull yourself a little up by holding the anchor point and then push the stool. When you push it you can do it slowly so it makes relatively less nose when it land on the ground and ppl have less chance of hearing it. You can then quickly release your hands or hold it until your hands are exhausted and released themselves. I've tried this process without a rope and it has decreased my fear.

• Love
Reactions: aneurysm and Initiated
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
Do you want to do partial or full suspension? For partial it could work, for full I would choose 10-12mm

Reactions: Hurt
niniwuuu

niniwuuu

Jul 20, 2019
my scheme - I put the rope below the Adam's apple, tighten the knot. If I feel a pulsation, then everything is correct and lowering my head down I begin to lose consciousness. If I don't feel the pulse, I change the position of the rope (sorry in my english)
can you tell me more vividly how to do it please?
Full suspension imo is for people who don't care about the pain and suffocating feeling. They just want to die.

Partial is for those who want a peaceful death and the idea of suffocation to death and pain makes them weary of certain methods.

hope this make sense
So you say that if a person is afraid of suffocating they can go with partial suspension? does it guarantee zero suffocation?

Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
For partial this rope should be enough

wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
if the knot is in the front... by full suspension, the probability of choking is less, isnt it?
i read that it last a little bit longer to pass out with the knot in the front but the body weight will will manage that the arterias will be compressed. do you think that is also true if you are very thin, 80 pound circa.

D

descartes

Jan 16, 2021
Anyone else having trouble with this? I guess im not pushing hard enough but when i push down i feel the pulse getting stronger and faster but i dont blackout or even get close to blacking out :S
Yes what is the way to deal with this

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Anyone else having trouble with this? I guess im not pushing hard enough but when i push down i feel the pulse getting stronger and faster but i dont blackout or even get close to blacking out :S
Yes I press hard on the sides of my neck and I feel the beating and the pressure. Get slightly dizzy but that's it.. how to do I wobder

wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
Yes I press hard on the sides of my neck and I feel the beating and the pressure. Get slightly dizzy but that's it.. how to do I wobder
Do you mean by partial suspension?

aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
So I think I went through enough threads on partial hanging to ask this. I wasn't able to find solid information regarding this issue I have with the method.

After a lot of trial and error, I am finally able to locate the sweet spot and get myself in a (quite pleasing) trans-like state.

however, I read about convulsions starting after consciousness is lost, and I read about people saying that they either found themselves standing up after losing consciousness, or having their rope dislocated.

the issue here is obvious, how the hell are we supposed to control SI after we have lost consciousness? This means that death is not assured at all... doesn't it?

the amount of people saying that they made themselves faint and regained their consciousness is alarming to me. Can someone please explain? Isn't said to be a very lethal method?

i have no doubt that I can achieve unconsciousness, but then?

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
@Daisy

Try handcuffs behind your back.

Reactions: aneurysm
wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
i'm thinking about which option is less likely to suffocate but at the same time securely pinches the arteries.
1. partial suspension with knots on the side or back
2. full suspension with knot in front

does it really make a difference whether you weigh 100 or 200 pounds, whether you can generate enough pressure? does it work safely even if you are very light? full would surely be better, right?

I don't want to suffocate.

once you pass out, is it certain that you will die if you are not found?

I cant practice so much, i have no anchor point at home.
Has anyone tried that? Did it work?
I think it Depends on if it partial or full. with full you have no chance to rescue yourself.

Last edited:
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
if the knot is in the front... by full suspension, the probability of choking is less, isnt it?
i read that it last a little bit longer to pass out with the knot in the front but the body weight will will manage that the arterias will be compressed. do you think that is also true if you are very thin, 80 pound circa.
I've asked this question in the past. What made me so was reading some posts that say front is better. I've also seen a video where a girl quickly lost consciousness having the knot at the front.

But there are also posts who advise otherwise. Most of the hanging photos and videos I've seen also have the knot at the back or side. I haven't decided yet but I will probably have the knot at the side.

Have you decided?

wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
I've asked this question in the past. What made me so was reading some posts that say front is better. I've also seen a video where a girl quickly lost consciousness having the knot at the front.

But there are also posts who advise otherwise. Most of the hanging photos and videos I've seen also have the knot at the back or side. I haven't decided yet but I will probably have the knot at the side.

Have you decided?
I think i will try in the front without kicking the stool and if that isnt enough pressure i will Change to behind the left ear. I suppose in front wont be enough pressure because i am slim.

what is the advantage of side position in the opposite to back?

I know that i cant breath if the knor is on the side or back. if it on the front idk.
I only can hope the pressure will be enough to Pass out without choking

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I think i will try in the front without kicking the stool and if that isnt enough pressure i will Change to behind the left ear. I suppose in front wont be enough pressure because i am slim.

what is the advantage of side position in the opposite to back?

I know that i cant breath if the knor is on the side or back. if it on the front idk.
I only can hope the pressure will be enough to Pass out without choking
The advantage is most of the pressure will be on the carotid artery.

I think you will also have difficulty in breathing if you have the knot at the front although its less than the other positions.

wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
cant understand how anybody can breath by full hanging.

12 minutes full hanging and still breathing. ..

Last edited:
C

Cryptomatica

Jan 23, 2021
I need this information very quickly please. I'm sorry to bother anyone. I still have a noose from attempting not long ago, but I guess I'll have to retie it into a slip knot.

Can you use padding on the slip knot?

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Sorry if this has already been asked.. but what " thickness rope is ideal? I don't want to decapitate myself ideally.

wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
got the idea that you could hold your breath for about 1 minute before kicking the chair away in case it didn't work to completely block the arteries. then you would be conscious at least 1 minute less long. what do you all mean?

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
got the idea that you could hold your breath for about 1 minute before kicking the chair away in case it didn't work to completely block the arteries. then you would be conscious at least 1 minute less long. what do you all mean?
I think its almost impossible for the average person to hold his breath for about 1 minute.

If full hanging is done right you will lose consciousness between 8-15 seconds. In most cases its done right. So I don't think you should focus on holding your breath beforehand for about 1 minute.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think its almost impossible for the average person to hold his breath for about 1 minute.

If full hanging is done right you will lose consciousness between 8-15 seconds. In most cases its done right. So I don't think you should focus on holding your breath beforehand for about 1 minute.
If you have an OK rope tied in a slipknot lubricated and shit then you'd pass out since the blood choke would be at play along with the air choke, right?