MaThomp

MaThomp

Dec 1, 2020
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
There's the other method of hanging yourself too right? instead of breaking your neck from a fall, it's almost the same but the fall doesn't break your neck you just suffocate instead ( asphyxiation ) could you do a guide on this one or link one? I imagine it'd be easier to do so a guide might not be needed but I dunno lol. I prefer this was since if I fail it wont be so shit and less of a chance of having fatal damage, also it just sounds nicer and less painful(?). I think you pass out after about 12 seconds.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Hurt and Iamamistake
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Ditto. I live alone too and I'm also concerned about not being found and left hanging there for months.

Conversely, I'm also concerned about how much noise I will make, especially the thrashing and convulsing. the neighbours walls are not the thickest
Emails can be be delayed to be sent at a certain time. If you were to email someone like the police, it might be wise to email them a safe question first, to judge how often they read them. Also in your email be aware that they might scan emails for key words to prioritise them.

Last edited:
Reactions: death137 and Mr blobby
Mr blobby

Mr blobby

Nov 29, 2020
8mm paracord vs 10mm rock climbing rope?

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Hurt and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
For full hanging is it more advisable for the knot being positioned at front of the neck than at the back or side?
8mm paracord vs 10mm rock climbing rope?
I would choose the second.

Last edited:
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Hurt, Iamamistake and 1 other person
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Would an 8mm cotton BDSM rope be appropriate for full suspension on a 120 pound woman? I have heard 8mm is a bit on the thin side but I have a very thin neck (11.5 inches) so maybe it's not so bad? Not entirely sure what diameter I should be aiming for.
Perhaps in partial hanging the risk of rope tearing is lower than in full suspension.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, NegativeSymptoms, Hurt and 1 other person
J

Jay Kay

May 7, 2019
Hi, new here.
Would it be possible with a suit tie? The one which you wear with a dress shirt? Maybe tieing multiple of those together, and maybe a slipknot? Is it advisable? I'm trying to figure out how hanging would work without any chance for a mistake.

Reactions: Iamamistake
Mr blobby

Mr blobby

Nov 29, 2020
For full hanging is it more advisable for the knot being positioned at front of the neck than at the back or side?

I would choose the second.
I always thought knot being at the back of the neck was best but then I'm hearing having it to the side near the left ear is also good but not sure why.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Iamamistake, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Hi, new here.
Would it be possible with a suit tie? The one which you wear with a dress shirt? Maybe tieing multiple of those together, and maybe a slipknot? Is it advisable? I'm trying to figure out how hanging would work without any chance for a mistake.
That depends how you can tighten into your neck, how it will be anchored and your current weight if you will doing full suspension. In any case, try to make a simple slipknot and try to pull down. If it loosens from the anchor point, isn't suitable for hanging, at least in full suspension.

Reactions: Iamamistake
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I always thought knot being at the back of the neck was best but then I'm hearing having it to the side near the left ear is also good but not sure why.
Yeah I also heard about that. But I'm also hearing having it on front is relatively more comfortable because there would be relatively less pressure on the windpipe.

What is your method?

Mr blobby

Mr blobby

Nov 29, 2020
Yeah I also heard about that. But I'm also hearing having it on front is relatively more comfortable because there would be relatively less pressure on the windpipe.

What is your method?
Full or partial. I haven't decided yet. I'm leaning towards full because it's more reliable but apparently its also more painful.

What kind of ligature you have? I'm just working on procuring a climbing rope. It seems that there are alot of cheap Chinese knockoffs on amazon with fake 5 star reviews. I've been doing some research and have settled on a website which sells ropes that are UIAA compliant at good price. It's 10.5mm though so hope it's not too thick.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much but i can't be taking any risks.

What is your method?
As far as I can remember, according to suicide wiki, having the knot at the front is the least recommended because the pressure is on the back of the neck and sides. But maybe it could work. I'm undecided at the moment

Last edited:
Reactions: persimmontea and death137
Sweet Chainsaw

Sweet Chainsaw

Dec 6, 2020
It's freezing and I have to go with outdoor option. Damn it!
I don't even know where or how to go from here (Tokyo) to get to an isolated place where I won't be seen or found without a car.
I have to CTB on Saturday while the sun is up too. Sigh...

Edit: found a national park right outside of Tokyo. Maybe too mountainous. Bears too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Full or partial. I haven't decided yet. I'm leaning towards full because it's more reliable but apparently its also more painful.

What kind of ligature you have? I'm just working on procuring a climbing rope. It seems that there are alot of cheap Chinese knockoffs on amazon with fake 5 star reviews. I've been doing some research and have settled on a website which sells ropes that are UIAA compliant at good price. It's 10.5mm though so hope it's not too thick.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much but i can't be taking any risks.

As far as I can remember, according to suicide wiki, having the knot at the front is the least recommended because the pressure is on the back of the neck and sides. But maybe it could work. I'm undecided at the moment
My ligature is a rope but I don't for sure what kind of rope its. But the thickness seems about 10mm. I posted the picture on this thread.

If most of the pressure is on the back and sides then its great. That means your carotid arteries will be squeezed quickly and you will lose consciousness quickly.

If you choose full hanging how are you planning to be on air?
It's freezing and I have to go with outdoor option. Damn it!
I don't even know where or how to go from here (Tokyo) to get to an isolated place where I won't be seen or found without a car.
I have to CTB on Saturday while the sun is up too. Sigh...

Edit: found a national park right outside of Tokyo. Maybe too mountainous. Bears too.
Do you live with family?

Full or partial?

Last edited:
Sweet Chainsaw

Sweet Chainsaw

Dec 6, 2020
My ligature is a rope but I don't for sure what kind of rope its. But the thickness seems about 10mm. I posted the picture on this thread.

If most of the pressure is on the back and sides then its great. That means your carotid arteries will be squeezed quickly and you will lose consciousness quickly.

Do you live with family?

Full or partial?
Getting kicked out. Even if I wasn't, it's a big taboo to CTB indoor in Japan.

Partial, maybe?

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr blobby and death137
Mr blobby

Mr blobby

Nov 29, 2020

Do you live with family?

Full or partial?
Good question. No idea. I'm still looking into it. As far as I know going full suspension the ligature must be above Adams apple just below jaw. But i heard that's painful.

Reactions: Hurt and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Good question. No idea. I'm still looking into it. As far as I know going full suspension the ligature must be above Adams apple just below jaw. But i heard that's painful.
Yeah its painful but if its below Adam apple then it will be more painful. Lets hope that we will lose consciousness quickly and won't be in pain for long.

Mr blobby

Mr blobby

Nov 29, 2020
Yeah its painful but if its below Adam apple then it will be more painful. Lets hope that we will lose consciousness quickly and won't be in pain for long.
Oh really? On suicide wiki it says below is best and least painful. One third above the base of the neck or something. That's why I'm confused. Smh

constant_grief

constant_grief

Nov 25, 2020
Oh really? On suicide wiki it says below is best and least painful. One third above the base of the neck or something. That's why I'm confused. Smh
I have done a couple of test runs with partial hanging, with the suicide wiki instructions. It wasn't comfortable but it wasn't really painful either. Didn't take long for my vision to start getting becoming distorted (precursor to passing out). You do have to experiment with the position of the ligature a bit, I got the full-headedness feeling a few times before I found the right spot.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I said that because if you put pressure on your throat part below the Adam apple you feel more painful than if you put above it.

I heard what you said being recommend but most advise above the Adam apple.

sugar

sugar

Nov 24, 2020
Has anyone actually found the golden position for partial hanging? When I attempt it I feel like my head is going to explode. I've tried to reposition the belt many times. At this rate I'll have to go full suspension.

Reactions: Umbreon, Hurt, SelfLiberation and 2 others
H

hearthewind

Nov 23, 2020
I'll try this in case SN doesn't work......

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms and Hurt
Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
if in addition to the rope I also put a plastic bag on, does death come faster?

Reactions: Hurt
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
if in addition to the rope I also put a plastic bag on, does death come faster?
It seems painful because you probably will suffocate faster, But after 1 minute, perhaps you will lose consciousness and you don't feel anything.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I have practiced compression sitting down, lying down, and it seems easier than full or partial but this is back up plan as can be done anywhere with anything really

YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
I use two neckties to "test" partial hanging today. Since I don't have any high anchor point, I put one as an anchor behind the door of my bedroom, then make a noose with the second one, with a knot connecting the first one. Then, I put a timer in my phone and kneel a little foward. First, I tried 10 seconds, I feel some convulsions, but nothing else. When I think that the convulsions went too much to handle consciously, I stopped the "experiment".
I'm still undecided to CTB. But something inside me wanted to know how it feels to be strangulated in case of my CTB.
Does this experiment counts as a CTB attempt?

Reactions: Hurt and Mr blobby
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
What do you think about my setup for partial guys?
So far I can say that the angle feels good. The point, where I attached the rope is about as high as my chest while standing.
View attachment 54678
Test first without putting in your neck. If not get loose the knot, you can go for it.

Reactions: Hurt, Cowboy and VisionsOfHell
Cowboy

Cowboy

Oct 14, 2020
When i read this on wiki, i was confused too.

As far as i understand, to achieve the fastest and pain-free passed out, you need to close blood supply to the brain.

Now, if you check your cataroid artery, you will notice that pulse is strong above your Adam's Apple, and weak below it, which obviously said what position is better.

Any ideas, anyone?

Last edited:
Reactions: death137, NegativeSymptoms, Mr blobby and 1 other person
S

suicidaljc

Apr 1, 2019
when it comes to buying rope/ligature, is it recommended to buy online or from diy/sports store? I just don't want to be tracked.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Anyone remember the video that was basically a safety demonstration about how 'easily' a person can lose consciousness and die via hanging? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Reactions: Hurt
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
I'm doing something wrong in partial hanging because after 20 seconds I didn't feel any threat to my life. Only felt some headache and heavy breathing and heartbeat.
I'm not "Playing" nor being a attention w$¨##&. If some position turns sucessful, well, shit happens.
when it comes to buying rope/ligature, is it recommended to buy online or from diy/sports store? I just don't want to be tracked.
If you're live a feel country, I think it's not automatic the assumption that are you buying a rope for hanging yourself. Let's see, if you buy a climb rope, are the vendor search any previous trekking or alpinism photos of you? Or if you're looking for a bondage/shibari rope, does the vendor will ask if it will use in a BDSM session or in a suicide? I don't think so. Unless you're a patient monitored by a medical comission or something, I think the online buy is less suspect than buying at a local store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurt, death137 and VisionsOfHell