D

deadalready

Oct 22, 2019
its when my limbs start shaking that my SI kicks in, i just find it extremely scary (rather than excited I guess-though I guess both are forms of adrenaline rush), the thing is I know that when my limbs will be shaking so much-this could be the point at which I have taken it so far- I would be unable to stop myself-which of course in some ways is the desired effect-but its also that idea that causes my very strong SI plus as I have seen videos of people accidently doing this (really wish I hadnt seen-has certainly not 'helped') it looks so scary as you can literally see they are trying to stand up again and stop the process-but they cant & they are really fighting! (obvs sad in these cases as it seemed they were just mucking about & not really wanting the end result that occured)
I thought convulsion happens only after you pass out?

B

BadDoctors

Oct 19, 2019
No. Generally happens when people are easing into it, or when the ligature has tightened and is loosened quickly.
Convulsions happen after going unconscious. They are pretty unanimous in hangings that don't break the neck.

Reactions: Kodama
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Convulsions happen after going unconscious. They are pretty unanimous in hangings that don't break the neck.
Respectfully disagree. I have convulsed while being conscious during partial practice. And also when the ligature is loosened and the blood rushes back to the brain. This is my personal experience, others may differ. During full suspension, short drop, I agree, you should be out like a light before you convulse.

T

TheLastGoodbye

Student
Oct 23, 2019
Has anyone tried using a bathrobe-belt or necktie? Any thoughts on whether these would be good to use or not?

BrightDusk

BrightDusk

Oct 26, 2019
hope I didnt sound too blunt! apologise if so-just thgt better to tell it like it probably is- if you know what i mean- i was gonna go for SN but it got found, taken away, shit loads of drama- i wont be able to get anymore right now & I was feeling really 'ready' & felt comfortable(ish) with that method - as best I could given that it feels pretty tragic to be in this state-but nonetheless- I was gonna go with SN & felt the time had really come for me-im so distraught it got discovered/ taken-i was glad when I found out about it orginally-and now im back to square one-only in a much worst state of mine :(
I'm sorry that you're in this situation. Even if it is your conscious choice to CTB I'm sure it wasn't your first choice in dealing with your issues. It stinks that so many people are lead down this path because they are hopeless and lost. Truly, I hope things get better for you in one way or another.

S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
Does anyone know, Mike Awesome..pro-wrestler..was his suicide partial or full? He had a thick, muscular neck

T

TheLastGoodbye

Student
Oct 23, 2019
In partial hanging (standing with feet on floor) and the rope doesn't break, is it possible not to die even if you're not found in over an hour or are you pretty much guaranteed to die? Has anyone heard of this happening?

Reactions: Foster13
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but will this hurt? What is the sensation of passing out like? I'm too nervous to try this in case it feels weird or painful... God, I really am that much of a coward.
I have never gone further than the "dizzy phase" but I can tell you it does not hurt in the classical sense. It might (will) be somewhat uncomfortable, as the rope tightens around your neck and breathing becomes labored. Pain is not something I experienced. Try not to swallow, that feels very unpleasant.

I don't know what will feel like to pass out for the final time. I have gotten surgery done and I can't even remember the moment I blacked out. I only remember waking up. So I'm guessing it won't be scary.

We are all cowards in the face of death. Those who say they don't fear dying are trying to convince themselves more than anyone else. Don't be ashamed.

Reactions: Life+me=error
medicore

medicore

The man himself
Nov 1, 2019
Push 'down' is really difficult for me to understand. If the rope is perfectly vertical and the knot is on the back of your head, you're supposed put your head through and push your head towards the earth. Yeah? Does this man I can tie it on a doorknob and lay face down with the rope lifting me up by my neck?

One more thing. Should the loop be touching your jaw or not? I've seen pictures where people have the rope essentially being stopped by the jaw, but I always thought I was supposed to lay down so that the loop stayed around my adam's apple.

metalchic_74

metalchic_74

Gone Girl
Oct 26, 2019
Do you think a sheet would work?

Attachments

• 528C5BE0-053A-406C-B5E6-F723655CC280.png
    528C5BE0-053A-406C-B5E6-F723655CC280.png
    507.9 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong and Foster13
F

Foster13

Oct 24, 2019
In partial hanging (standing with feet on floor) and the rope doesn't break, is it possible not to die even if you're not found in over an hour or are you pretty much guaranteed to die? Has anyone heard of this happening?

Good question. Was wondering too

medicore

medicore

The man himself
Nov 1, 2019
Do you think a sheet would work?
As Life+me = error stated, sheets can work, but they are not necessarily the best option. Thicker objects may cause damage to your windpipe, which will be more painful, and the sheet may also snap if it's too weak to hold your weight, which may result in uh.. A variety of undesired results.

Reactions: metalchic_74
metalchic_74

metalchic_74

Gone Girl
Oct 26, 2019
As Life+me = error stated, sheets can work, but they are not necessarily the best option. Thicker objects may cause damage to your windpipe, which will be more painful, and the sheet may also snap if it's too weak to hold your weight, which may result in uh.. A variety of undesired results.
Well it's a twin sheet I plan on cutting in half to create noose. People in jail use it all the time. Most Indian women use these long scarfs. The rope I have is too thin

medicore

medicore

The man himself
Nov 1, 2019
Well it's a twin sheet I plan on cutting in half to create noose. People in jail use it all the time. Most Indian women use these long scarfs. The rope I have is too thin
Good luck to you then. Remember to be certain of 60m+ of private time.

teotme

teotme

Oct 26, 2019
I just tried this for the first time and it's more difficult to do partial hanging than I thought.

Reactions: metalchic_74 and Lotus1818
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
I just tried this for the first time and it's more difficult to do partial hanging than I thought.
Partial hanging will work smoothly for those who are desperate enough to die RN.

Anyone with few doubts or strong SI's might want to consider full suspension.

Reactions: metalchic_74 and BPD_LE
teotme

teotme

Oct 26, 2019
Not at all painful, just uncomfortable. Or perhaps more like awkward since it's my first time trying. Can't seem to pass out or even become dizzy. Will need to experiment more.

Would have preferred to go with charcoal method in an isolated chalet bathroom but used up most of my remaining cash on a failed attempt the previous week. Sigh...

Reactions: Lotus1818
T

tiredofpain

Nov 5, 2019
@Daniela You need to read through this thread from the beginning. It will answer a lot of your questions.

If you are unconsciousness, you will not feel the process of asphyxiation because you've stopped the flow of blood to your brain.
You'd fall and the rope will tighten because of your body weight.
I'm not sure If I have a perfect knot but it slips and tightens, thick rope, I have a beam for support, plan to kick chair and suspend. knot in front. any other suggestions? Exact position of rope? I'll have 12 hrs before being discovered.
Can someone share some good links for finding carotid artery? I've done my own research but still no luck.
Same.

Last edited:
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
Can someone share some good links for finding carotid artery? I've done my own research but still no luck.
ARTERI5
Ok let's try to locate your carotid artery on the right side of your neck. Please use the above picture as guidance. First step be calm and comfortable. Next, move your head slightly up and lean your head slighty to the left. Remember only slightly your neck skin shouldn't be stretched. Now with patience use the tip of your index and middle finger and apply some pressure on your skin. Adjust the position of your fingers until you feel a strong heartbeat.

Please have patience doing this. The artery is there. If not, you are an alien and if that is the case remember I am on your side. I hate humans too. Peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jeannine and Letmego. Please
Im2high4this

Im2high4this

I’m done here. Zero connections. Won’t miss it.
Jun 13, 2019
Anybody who says partial is painless hasn't fail an attempt themselves. I'm sorry, you will not be able to tie a rope around your neck and experience a completely painless and quick death. Even if you have a shotgun you wanna blow your brains out with, you still gotta pull the trigger. I'm personally a bit fed up with partial hanging being presented as "peaceful". I watch death videos all the time, nobody ever looked like it was completely peaceful, partial or full. Even if you find the right arteries, don't lie to people and tell them it's comparable to a quick death with no pain, that's bullshit. If you disagree, I'll fucking link you with videos of people who thought partial must of been easy, and it turns out not to be. Do not even consider hanging if you want a peaceful death, period.

Lotus1818

Lotus1818

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
Anybody who says partial is painless hasn't fail an attempt themselves. I'm sorry, you will not be able to tie a rope around your neck and experience a completely painless and quick death. Even if you have a shotgun you wanna blow your brains out with, you still gotta pull the trigger. I'm personally a bit fed up with partial hanging being presented as "peaceful". I watch death videos all the time, nobody ever looked like it was completely peaceful, partial or full. Even if you find the right arteries, don't lie to people and tell them it's comparable to a quick death with no pain, that's bullshit. If you disagree, I'll fucking link you with videos of people who thought partial must of been easy, and it turns out not to be. Do not even consider hanging if you want a peaceful death, period.
I would like these links

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
It is quick, in in the sense that you pass out in seconds, and painless, in the sense that it should not hurt in the traditional sense, perhaps not "peaceful", whatever we interpret that word to mean for us in the context of suicide. Is it uncomfortable? Yes. But personally the discomfort was not anything I couldn't handle. I became dizzy just by leaning into a noose and nothing seemed extremely uncomfortable or distressing.

Have you failed a partial hanging? You make it sound like you have. What went wrong?

Partial hanging is a good method, all things considered. Just because a few people fail, as in stay alive, or "fail", as in the death is not as pleasant as one might hope, does not mean the method itself is bad.

Just as you could link a few videos of painful partial hangings, I could link you a few full suspension hangings that did not look violent at all. Or at least, the person went unconscious so quickly I doubt they were in distress for very long. The Swedish man and the one Indian guy come to mind.

Reactions: CrappyMJ