ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
I'm hanging myself tonight by using the window bar. It's high enough for my leg to Not reach the ground
Alright. Maybe consider using something less uncomfortable than polypropylene rope. I mean, if you're going to make a long drop (5-7 ft)), then I don't see how it would matter, as long as the ligature is able to sustain your weight. If, on the other hand, you're thinking of a "short-drop" hanging, maybe consider something like nylon rope.

Reactions: thundersnail
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
Alright. Maybe consider using something less uncomfortable than polypropylene rope. I mean, if you're going to make a long drop (5-7 ft)), then I don't see how it would matter, as long as the ligature is able to sustain your weight. If, on the other hand, you're thinking of a "short-drop" hanging, maybe consider something like nylon rope.
Can I use polypropylene rope for short drop?

Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
It depends on the diametre and your weight...

F

F_ckthisplace

Feb 26, 2019
Just got to the woozy/tingling hands stage after about 4 seconds. Anyone know what happens next? Does it get more intense or what

Reactions: Walilamdzi and Vienrose
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
Just got to the woozy/tingling hands stage after about 4 seconds. Anyone know what happens next? Does it get more intense or what
Ya I felt that too before. Kinda curious too. Anyone can answer his question?

Reactions: Walilamdzi and F_ckthisplace
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
I think you compress nerves and this is the wrong way. Next step is numbness.

Look for carotid sinus (this is a little knot in the carotid artery) and try to compress this, that's your sweet spot. If you hit the carotid sinus, your heartbeat and blood pressure will drop drastically right away. Take a look at some anatomy pictures for the position.

Reactions: Marawa
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
And the diametre of the rope?

P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
It's up to you. A full suspension will allow all your body weight to pull down on the noose allowing it to strangle you. With partial, I never felt like I had enough weight to pull down on the noose. Plus, partial took me longer to even get to where I was ready to pass out. With full suspension, I began passing out within like 8 seconds, which isn't that long.
Did full suspension hurt more than partial?

Reactions: Gina and SadGirl
silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019
This thread is so helpful, the advice here is brilliant.

Reactions: dv2020lowj, thundersnail, JeSuisMalade and 3 others
lospollos

lospollos

Pro-choice
Mar 31, 2019
I tried hanging with a hdmi cable only partial suspension on my pull up bar and did exactly what that lady did in the video, leaned forward. I blacked out instantly however I woke up to pain and a struggle. I was screaming ( lucky I was home alone ) my survival instinct failed my suicide. The next day I tried again. I woke up swinging around trying to stand up. I was struggling for about 30 seconds. Like the first time I can't fully remember but I know I couldn't see Anything. So I faild x2 and it sucks. Woke up screaming BOTH TIMES.... any advise? aha

• Wow
Reactions: Walilamdzi, thundersnail, Kikoo Loool and 1 other person
Gina

Gina

Unknown
Sep 2, 2018
I tried hanging with a hdmi cable only partial suspension on my pull up bar and did exactly what that lady did in the video, leaned forward. I blacked out instantly however I woke up to pain and a struggle. I was screaming ( lucky I was home alone ) my survival instinct failed my suicide. The next day I tried again. I woke up swinging around trying to stand up. I was struggling for about 30 seconds. Like the first time I can't fully remember but I know I couldn't see Anything. So I faild x2 and it sucks. Woke up screaming BOTH TIMES.... any advise? aha
I would recommend full suspension, because some people survival instincts kick in more the others. With full suspension you black out, and you stay in position, and its harder to escape from.

Reactions: lospollos
F

F_ckthisplace

Feb 26, 2019
Is it possible to be revived after 30 minutes? Are there any cases?

lospollos

lospollos

Pro-choice
Mar 31, 2019
Is it possible to be revived after 30 minutes? Are there any cases?
Well it usually take 15-20 minutes to lose oxygen in your brain therefore ... brain dead. However, I'm not a doctor but I wouldn't be surprised if they could revive u with a life support machine or if they get to u before you are actually dead, probably just have brains damage. Why? Would u be found after 30 mins? If so do not do it unless u won't be found for at least an hour xx

Reactions: F_ckthisplace
LivingLies

LivingLies

Mar 12, 2019
Why do people talk about having a rope or what ever you used over the door? Could I not just tie a neck tie to the door handle and do it that way? I've tried setting it up and it seems stable enough. I'm a big girl with a thick neck though. Please help

Reactions: Gina and Marawa
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
Why do people talk about having a rope or what ever you used over the door? Could I not just tie a neck tie to the door handle and do it that way? I've tried setting it up and it seems stable enough. I'm a big girl with a thick neck though. Please help

I don't see that being a problem? Maybe the other way provides more leverage? I'm thinking if you go straight to the doorknob and not over the door, just have a super short rope.

Reactions: LivingLies
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
Yeah, that might work. I do find that it's easier for me to lose conciousness when in an upright position, though. This is probably due to the fact that your blood pressure is lower when standing upright (as opposed to sitting/lying down). Lower BP = easier to occlude blood vessels.

Reactions: Gina, FauxEmotions and LivingLies
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
Maybe because I've been trying that method 2 days straight & the farthest I get is blacking out. I'm a big girl too. I'm very motivated as I'm a disabled person & my live in is moving out so I don't think its lack of trying.
I even positioned 3 ligatures at once 2 silk scarves & a cable wire.

Reactions: Gina and LivingLies
LivingLies

LivingLies

Mar 12, 2019
I'm sure I'm not eligible for a passport or energy or time to get it because I could afford the one way trip. if you have I'd scrape it up
I just couldn't do it. I struggle going to the shop never mind leaving the country

Reactions: Marawa and FauxEmotions
S

suicidaljc

Apr 1, 2019
Looked on this method, tried to feel around my adam's apple for the Carotid artery. I can't feel any pulse. Is there any images that can help show where exactly I should be placing my hand and fingers? And just to confirm, neckties and belts are ok?

Reactions: dv2020lowj and Gina
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
Looked on this method, tried to feel around my adam's apple for the Carotid artery. I can't feel any pulse. Is there any images that can help show where exactly I should be placing my hand and fingers? And just to confirm, neckties and belts are ok?

I've had best success placing noose right under then jaw, leaning my head forward and then sliding down the wall/ whatever method you use to tighen the rope.

Reactions: Vienrose and Gina
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
I just couldn't do it. I struggle going to the shop never mind leaving the country
I suffer agoraphobia too. I have to have a companion for simple errands. but to get to ctb I'd stay intoxicated

Reactions: JeSuisMalade, LivingLies and Gina
lospollos

lospollos

Pro-choice
Mar 31, 2019
I was going to hang myself while lying down as it seemed foolproof. Various hanging videos make the convulsions simply look like slow movements but now I'm scared. How violent could these spasms get, like could I suddenly wake up during? why is this so hard:eh:
I tried partial suspension, I leaned forward and blacked out, however I woke up in panic because the rope must have loosened therefore resulting in the blood which was one stopped, flowing again. So yes you could especially survival instinct could kick in xx

Reactions: Marawa and Gina
Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
I tried partial with the over the door/doorknob method and the doorknob got ripped out of the door when I was unconscious. Was quite a shock.

Reactions: JeSuisMalade, adam, Marawa and 1 other person