back_to_oblivion

back_to_oblivion

Expired
Aug 30, 2021
Hm I suggest you go into the forest and look for a proper place/branch beforehand. When the day comes, the last thing you want is to look around the forest and probably be all nervous if you find a good spot or not. Plus, it's pretty dark at night.
Hmm I think there are usually all kind of different trees in a forest, some with lower branches, some with higher ones. I always found a tree I can climb on in the past. But, that could change when you go further into the forest to not be found. Maybe because the trees are closer to oneanother, they tend to have their branches more up in the treetops. But that's very hypothetical now, I will go in the next days to check. Probably you just have to look a while and you will find your spot.

To be honest, I don't really care if my body is found. I just want to end it. Should I care?
I could but a note on my desk, which would be found since I live my parents at the moment. When they don't see me for a while, they will probably check my room. I want to write at least one good bye letter anyway, so in it I could also tell the people where I roughly am.
I definitly don't want to send a mail or a letter, in case I don't succeed with my plans. A letter on the table can easily be removed.
I would probably go to a place where there are lots of oak trees, they are very solid and tend to have good branches. I think night time will already reduce the amount of people nearby to a minimum but I will probably also do it in a week the weather is cold/bad as an extra precaution. Don't want any forest hikers snooping around. I don't know on the one hand I don't care but on the other hand I want my next of kin to have as much closure as possible, so I will make sure they can find my body. The emails will be scheduled to be sent the next day so if anything goes wrong I can just cancel the scheduled emails.

SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
Hello guys.
Some Questions.
The slip knot that I make, doesnt seem to hold when I put my hand threw the sling. It opens up. You can see the rope that I use in the picture I added. Is the rope the wrong kind? Cause the noose widens always when I'm "practicing".
Now maybe I need another knot, maybe you guys could recommend me a knot?
Which kind of rope do you guys recommend me. Which kind of knot do you use on your anchor point?
Thx for your replies
That rope is fine. Your knot looks correct too. I recommend knotting the "tail" end of your slipknot to prevent it from slipping out if your rope is too slippery.

I'm not sure how you're practicing, but basically a slipknot can be widened as long as you have slack, so it's no surprised that it's loosening if you haven't anchored it to anything. If you hold the rope above the knot and pull down with your hand in the loop, it should tighten. I'm not sure why it would loosen otherwise.

I used a snuggle hitch knot as my anchor knot because the wiki recommended it and I'm no boy scout, so I don't know what else to use. It works.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, AbsoluteNothingness, insomuchpain316 and 2 others
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Should I do it like in picture (1) or (2).
If I should do it like in (1), what do I do with the short/upper end. Knot it? Which knot.
Same question with (2). What to do with the longer/lower end. How to knot it?
And where does the noose go exactly (above the Adams apple)?
Is there a way, you will dangle on that rope without it choking you, until someone finds you.
I kinda practice with a doorframe.
So many questions.
Thank you for your replies.

Attachments

• Bearbeitet 1.jpg
    Bearbeitet 1.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 38
  • Bearbeitet 2.jpg
    Bearbeitet 2.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 44
SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
Should I do it like in picture (1) or (2).
If I should do it like in (1), what do I do with the short/upper end. Knot it? Which knot.
Same question with (2). What to do with the longer/lower end. How to knot it?
And where does the noose go exactly (above the Adams apple)?
Is there a way, you will dangle on that rope without it choking you, until someone finds you.
I kinda practice with a doorframe.
So many questions.
Thank you for your replies.
Sorry this is late, I didn't notice the notification.

Image 1 is correct, the longer end should be used to anchor. The shorter end is the tail. I'd say knot it, but the tail is quite short in that image so perhaps you could wrap the end in tape until it's too bulky to slip.

The noose goes where ever is most comfortable for you. If you're doing full suspension, it will slip above the adam's apple regardless, but for partial people seem to have different preferences. I like above the adam's apple, as close to the jaw as possible. If it's lower, I can't seem to hit the sweet spot.

I have no idea what you mean by dangle without choking until someone finds you. I'll try to answer anyway... If you're doing full suspension, no, there's no way you won't choke. It takes about 30 minutes to die once you're hanging, but you'll be unconscious in a matter of seconds.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness
AnotherTragicName

AnotherTragicName

Sep 10, 2021
Is there a way to test partial before doing it? I want to see if I can reach unconsciousness. The problem is only that when I reach it, the next step seems kinda unavoidable. oO

M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Loaded up a new picture. Is that right. ( Sorry I'm almost vegetable)
The anchor ending ist the the part of the rope that tightens it. Right?!
Maybe someone got a vid of someone doing it, with preparation.
And is there a way to practice hanging/partial hanging?

Attachments

• Bearbeitet 3.jpg
    Bearbeitet 3.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 33
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Which knot would you make for the tail end, so it doesnt slip threw.

AntHydra

AntHydra

I wish you serenity.
Sep 26, 2021
All this time, I was thinking I would have to use my leather belt to do it, which made several things harder, like finding a place to tie it to where it would stay. But I think I've had a eureka moment. This set-up with a bathrobe's belt and a slipknot. This belt seems surprisingly stable, the slipknot works surprisingly well... I'm not entirely sure about the wall fixture, but it seems stable so far. I haven't actually fully hung from this with my neck yet and passed out but it's promising so far. I'll hopefully do a few test runs with this tomorrow. Oh boy. Probably won't work though. F

Reactions: Nora Rony
AnotherTragicName

AnotherTragicName

Sep 10, 2021
All this time, I was thinking I would have to use my leather belt to do it, which made several things harder, like finding a place to tie it to where it would stay. But I think I've had a eureka moment. This set-up with a bathrobe's belt and a slipknot. This belt seems surprisingly stable, the slipknot works surprisingly well... I'm not entirely sure about the wall fixture, but it seems stable so far. I haven't actually fully hung from this with my neck yet and passed out but it's promising so far. I'll hopefully do a few test runs with this tomorrow. Oh boy. Probably won't work though.
That looks like it will break when you just blow at it. You sure it will hold you for up to 20 minutes? Don't gamble, even though you might be happy to have found a solution..

• Love
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, fox_wannabe and AntHydra
AntHydra

AntHydra

I wish you serenity.
Sep 26, 2021
That looks like it will break when you just blow at it. You sure it will hold you for up to 20 minutes? Don't gamble, even though you might be happy to have found a solution..
I know what it looks like, but I have put all my weight on it hanging from it with my hands and it didn't rip. I'm going to test around with it more and also look for more sturdy materials I have access to, as I have had an actual leather belt rip on me before and know that it can happen with even fairly strong materials. My main epiphany here was the fact that I actually have more viable chances of ctb without the leather belt I was previously so dead-set on. Thank you for your concern, I'll definitely be careful. <3

• Love
Reactions: AnotherTragicName
B

baxter0

Dec 28, 2020
Is there a way to test partial before doing it? I want to see if I can reach unconsciousness. The problem is only that when I reach it, the next step seems kinda unavoidable. oO
Sure, it's easy to back out when you're losing consciousness. That's actually the only con of this method, too easy to back out

Reactions: Hurt
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Question to you guys. Isn't hanging a bit risky. Cause You might end up as a vegetable.
Thx for your replies

SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
There are risks involved with hanging just like every other method. We are playing with death, after all. One can't expect something that's supposed to be fatal to be free of other risks.

Ever since my last attempt I have been experiencing occasional nausea and dizziness. Clearly something was damaged and it had a lasting impact. That attempt failed because I miscalculated the length of my noose and ended up doing partial (while standing) instead of full suspension. If survival instincts didn't kick in, I would have died. That is one issue with partial, you can back out of it even when you don't want to.

However, "becoming a vegetable" is a more likely issue if your noose and/or anchor point aren't strong enough to support your weight for at least 30 minutes.
If something breaks after you've been hanging for a few minutes, you're probably not dead, but you have certainly suffered brain damage. That's why it's important to make sure you're using strong materials, especially for full suspension.

• Aww..
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, AbsoluteNothingness, END21_22 and 1 other person
honig

honig

tired
Sep 28, 2021
I have my setup ready, I think. It's very stable and can carry all my weight actually and I'm very heavy. I will be trying it today (would definetely like for it to happen during trying so I'm not that nervous) and tomorrow it will hopefully happen. I wanted to be drunk while doing it but it won't work because I will just fall asleep lol plus I'm very good at drinking and I can keep my mind fresh even if I drink a lot so it won't help with stress. But I think one last drink before would be nice.
Honestly if partial doesn't work I might just slit my neck OR jump but jumping terrifies me.

• Aww..
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
How do you guys get yourself to choke out when doing partially hanging. I for some reason think its not that possible to hang yourself that easily. Do you just start kneeling and pass out or what. Is my ligature to hard for the purpose of partially hanging, is that a possibility?

• Aww..
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
I will mitigate the risks involved with hanging by testing my construction before I use it:

I put a bar, tube or broomstick in the noose and adjust it so that it is over my head. This way I avoid touching the ground with my feet. Partial hanging is no option for me, because there is no clear point of no return.
Than I grib the bar and make some chin ups and swing as wild as possible.

back_to_oblivion

back_to_oblivion

Expired
Aug 30, 2021
What would be the best rope for full suspension? I have 3 options. 10 mm 2000kg breaking strength, 12 mm 3000kg breaking strength, 14 mm 4000kg breaking strength. I'm about 1.86 meters/6ft1 tall and weigh about 82 kg/180 lbs.

AnotherTragicName

AnotherTragicName

Sep 10, 2021
What would be the best rope for full suspension? I have 3 options. 10 mm 2000kg breaking strength, 12 mm 3000kg breaking strength, 14 mm 4000kg breaking strength. I'm about 1.86 meters/6ft1 tall and weigh about 82 kg/180 lbs.
I red somewhere 20mm is best. I have a 18 now and gotta say, it looks really really big..

• Aww..
back_to_oblivion

back_to_oblivion

Expired
Aug 30, 2021
I red somewhere 20mm is best. I have a 18 now and gotta say, it looks really really big..
That's pretty thick, isn't that best for drop hangings to break the neck? The thicker the rope, the less easily it squeezes the arteries.

M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Question. Which side of the ligature is meant to get tighter? Left or right from the point of view of the one, who hangs himself?

• Aww..
I

insomuchpain316

Sep 19, 2021
Do both ends of the rope get attached to the support at the top or just the slip end? Sorry struggling as have a brain injury and the diagram on page 2 of this thread just isn't doing it for me.

• Aww..
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
That's pretty thick, isn't that best for drop hangings to break the neck? The thicker the rope, the less easily it squeezes the arteries.
A thinner rope is more painful. I will use a 20 mm mooring rope, it closes the arteries completely (10 seconds until passing out). A thinner rope is overkill.

• Aww..
AnotherTragicName

AnotherTragicName

Sep 10, 2021
A thinner rope is more painful. I will use a 20 mm mooring rope, it closes the arteries completely (10 seconds until passing out). A thinner rope is overkill.
Did you sucessfully archive a blackout with 20 mm?

Reactions: Hurt and Hotsackage
AnotherTragicName

AnotherTragicName

Sep 10, 2021
Many times under safe conditions with a partner.
Haha that's so exemplary! I envy you that you have somebody to practice with.
How much weight did you have to put in?

You really seem to know a lot about hanging. Any more advices you would give, maybe on knots, or what ever you think the biggest obstacles are?

edit: Oh, I realise we are discussing full suspension atm. Do you think a thick rope is also the go to for partial?
There are risks involved with hanging just like every other method. We are playing with death, after all. One can't expect something that's supposed to be fatal to be free of other risks.

Ever since my last attempt I have been experiencing occasional nausea and dizziness. Clearly something was damaged and it had a lasting impact. That attempt failed because I miscalculated the length of my noose and ended up doing partial (while standing) instead of full suspension. If survival instincts didn't kick in, I would have died. That is one issue with partial, you can back out of it even when you don't want to.

However, "becoming a vegetable" is a more likely issue if your noose and/or anchor point aren't strong enough to support your weight for at least 30 minutes.
If something breaks after you've been hanging for a few minutes, you're probably not dead, but you have certainly suffered brain damage. That's why it's important to make sure you're using strong materials, especially for full suspension.

But did you black out? Can the survival instinct still save you when you blacked out?

Last edited:
back_to_oblivion

back_to_oblivion

Expired
Aug 30, 2021
I thought under 10mm is too thin and 10 - 15mm range was ideal. They don't seem that thin. The 14mm rope already seems on the thick side if I'm honest. Thinner ropes are easier to tie knots with so it might be useful to get a thinner rope even just for practicing knots. How was it tying the knots on such a thick rope? Is it easy to get a tight knot that doesn't come undone easily? What knot did you use?

Reactions: newave3
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
I thought under 10mm is too thin and 10 - 15mm range was ideal. They don't seem that thin. The 14mm rope already seems on the thick side if I'm honest. Thinner ropes are easier to tie knots with so it might be useful to get a thinner rope even just for practicing knots. How was it tying the knots on such a thick rope? Is it easy to get a tight knot that doesn't come undone easily? What knot did you use?
I use a hangman´s knot with only two coils. More coils will produce so much friction, that the noose will not tighten completely.
A thinner rope is OK if it is not too painful for you. The pressure to the neck depends also on your weight, mine is 90 kg. Stepping off the stool is hard enough, so I don´t want to be afraid of pain if it is not necessary.
Partial hanging

Partial hanging covers a wide range of variants. Your weight and the thickness of the rope are additional influencing factors on the pressure on your neck. The pressure is to low if only the jugular vein is blocked, it feels like your head will explode.

Last edited:
Reactions: justsayin and back_to_oblivion
Riddles

Riddles

Sep 29, 2021
Hey, can I die from this? Ligature and a rope. The top of that window grid is 7ft and I'm 5'8ft in height. Or is the anchor point not enough? Can I still escape the rope through this location? Help. Will the rope be diagonally placed and not be effective because of the ligature? Need a sure way to die
IMG20211001180648 IMG20211001180734

AnotherTragicName

AnotherTragicName

Sep 10, 2021
Does somebody have information on the location of the knot? In the moment Im not capabale of testing correctly, because I can barely leave my bed, even taking a shirt on is too much for me sometimes atm. So causing unconsciousness through a rope around the neck is a little too much aswell.
But from what I see, no matter if the knot is in front of the face or behind the back, pressure on my blood vessels is applied. Does it really matter?

Hey, can I die from this? Ligature and a rope. The top of that window grid is 7ft and I'm 5'8ft in height. Or is the anchor point not enough? Can I still escape the rope through this location? Help. Will the rope be diagonally placed and not be effective because of the ligature? Need a sure way to die
1) I would ask myself if the anchor point is really stable enough since it will have to hold your weight about 20 minutes. Even if it holds you in a quick test, doesn't mean it lasts through the entire period.
2) Are you sure this place is really private enough? Looks quite public to me, like the cellar of a big house. You are found, you are not dead.
3) Maybe you simply test the height. Unfold your rope, make a proper knot (i take the slipknot, it gets recommended a lot and seems to work very good in my tests), attach the rope securely to the anchor point and see if everything works out the way you imagine it. I think there is actually almost no height requires, you can probably attach your noose very close to the anchor point. Your body will still pull you down with its weight.