kingkong57

kingkong57

May 24, 2021
I found this thread really useful @ttr and everyone who is interested.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-night-night-method-mega-thread.6834/

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
S

sillybillygo

Aug 9, 2021
I'm not sure how to reply to the comment you left of on my profile and it doesn't let me view yours. IDK if I'm blind or something but the only search icon I can see is on my own profile. And if you have any insight on the "trick" to cut off the blood circulation to the arteries without crushing the throat in the front that would be really helpful. TY
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/search

• Love
ThisIsNotMeR

ThisIsNotMeR

Sep 25, 2021
I have been considering this method as a backup. I would be doing full suspension with no drop, from a tree in a location I am sure is safe from discovery, and I'd go at night to be even more sure. Ironically I don't think I have access to any suitable partial hanging locations, and besides, I want to be more sure; a tree will definitely support my weight. However, my fear with this is that it will constrict the airways as well as the relevant veins and arteries- I would like to first lose consciousness from lack of blood to the brain, not from lack of air.

Now, I have an idea- hyperventilating! This lowers your blood CO2 without affecting your O2 much, essentially meaning you can go for much longer without feeling the need to breathe (hypercapnia), but not actually affecting how long it takes to lose consciousness. From this, you can sometimes even lose consciousness just by holding your breath without having to fight the breathing reflex.

Would doing this just before suspension increase the likelihood of passing out from obstructing blood to the brain as opposed to lack of air?

• Hugs
H

Hateyouprolife

Survivalist
Sep 4, 2021
Supposing you put head into noose and take benzos and alcohol, could there then be any convulsions after passing out?

• Hugs
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
Is this type of rope good for full suspension? I've read this whole thread and I think this type of rock climbing rope has been mentioned but I forget if it's recommended for full, partial or both. It's a 12mm rope. I'm mainly concerned if it stretches at all. I think it's best if it doesn't. Here is a link to the rope. Thanks

Amazon product ASIN B06XWT437M

Attachments

• 61a7EsZ34zL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61a7EsZ34zL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Hugs
CatTheBus5689

CatTheBus5689

Jun 22, 2021
What if I were to start a partial hanging and place a needle to stop the ligature from loosening the grip? Would this be a viable way of "hanging" myself?

I'm curious because I've read partial hangings tend to be interrupted by the unconscious thrashing and I'd rather die in my bed laying down or on my side.

• Hugs
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
How to hang yourself! With a Rope? Sorry but someone was gonna say it and l thought l'd get in there first!!!

• Yay!
S

silentvoice

Nov 23, 2019
I can't seem to constrict my arteries for a partial suspension, I just get I tingly uncomfortable feeling in my head. Does anybody know what position works best for this?

• Hugs
M

Mansun

Oct 24, 2021
Is it possible to hang using HDMI cable? What knots do I need to use? Is it possible to hang from door handle?

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul and patheticpartner
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The downside of hanging is you'll never know if you succeeded. Jumping above 200ft would give you closure that it's the end
It's almost impossible for most people to find a spot 200 feet or higher. One spot is the golden gate bridge, and police swarm anyone walking alone in order to prevent suicides- soon their net will be complete and that will end this way completely.
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
I see many posts of people failing with partial suspension. Why against nylon rope, and why against a hangman's knot?

Last edited:
O

OneLastLight

Oct 25, 2021
I want to happily say I've finally been able to reach near unconsciousness in partial hanging with a belt. I've tried multiple times before and I was always frustrated because I was never able to compress the carotid artery. Yesterday, however, I found how to do with a belt and I wanted to share it with you.

1. You will need something to CLAMP the belt to. A door or window works just fine.
2. Loop your belt through the buckle and clamp the other end (over the top of the door/window and close it).
3. Make sure it isn't too high or too low. You should be able to put your head through it while standing but also be able to apply weight without having to hang yourself completely.
4. I used the III position where you simply put your back to the door/window, keep your legs straight in front, back straight and just lower your hips/butt (your feet will move forward).
5. You should reach a point where you start getting dizzy, count to ten and you should successfully reach unconsciousness :)

hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, tonytwist007 and patheticpartner
arainydancer

arainydancer

Oct 20, 2021
Why can't we use a hangman's noose for this again? It tightens up when pressure is put onto it, when I tried the slipknot it would sometimes loosen itself when I lower my head down. I might as well go for a full suspension because partial hanging is such a pain in the ass to try and figure out

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
People say the hangman's noose can take longer to tighten up, but I worry too that the slipnot can come undone too easily. It does seem that full suspension is more reliable. Some people can figure out partial suspension, but many people have posted on here that it failed for them.

• Aww..
Reactions: Hurt and patheticpartner
tonytwist007

tonytwist007

Oct 6, 2021
I have considered hanging but I don't know how to tie a noose ! And I'm scared it'll be painful. I think carbon monoxide would be a more peaceful way to go, but how do I get that? Burn a charcoal grill in an enclosed space? Hmm Nervous to do all this alone... need a suicidal partner to help ease our anxieties and fears.
I need a partner too

• Hugs
arainydancer

arainydancer

Oct 20, 2021
Is this type of rope good for full suspension? I've read this whole thread and I think this type of rock climbing rope has been mentioned but I forget if it's recommended for full, partial or both. It's a 12mm rope. I'm mainly concerned if it stretches at all. I think it's best if it doesn't. Here is a link to the rope. Thanks

Amazon product ASIN B06XWT437M
This is what I'm using right now. It's pretty smooth and doesn't seem to stretch, if I live through this I'll let you know, if I don't, then you know it works!

• Hugs
Reactions: Kris7825 and patheticpartner
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
People say the hangman's noose can take longer to tighten up, but I worry too that the slipnot can come undone too easily. It does seem that full suspension is more reliable. Some people can figure out partial suspension, but many people have posted on here that it failed for them.
There is a lot of friction in a hangman´s noose with many coils, therefore it will not tighten as much as possible. I will use a hangman´s noose with only two coils, it tightens sufficiently. You can also reduce the friction with liquid soap.
By the way, you will become unconscious as quickly, if you use a loop that will not tighten at all.

Reactions: patheticpartner and Someone123
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
How long can a mark on the neck last if I fail an attempt?? I only have some belts and a rope but I think it's not thick enough :notsure:

Last edited:
  • Aww..
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
How long can a mark on the neck last if I fail an attempt?? I only have some belts and a rope but I think it's not thick enough :notsure:
I don't know for sure but my guess is it could be at least a week based on the marks I have seen.

Reactions: patheticpartner and Hurt
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Full suspension or partial?

If it's partial, it may not even leave a mark. Most of my partial attempts didn't leave a mark. I often used a towel or scarf under, something I recommend that everyone would do, so maybe that's why. The few that left went away in a few hours, and I just wore a scarf or something with a long neck. I read that if you immediately wet your neck with cold water the markings will disappear even faster. But I never had a marking that was for more than a few hours.

If it's full suspension, it causes markings easier, but again towel or scarf helps plus cold water, and they will leave in a few hours.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, Hurt, patheticpartner and 1 other person
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
This is what I'm using right now. It's pretty smooth and doesn't seem to stretch, if I live through this I'll let you know, if I don't, then you know it works!
Thanks. I was worried about the stretch. I hope everything goes well

• Love
D

D2021

Looking for info
Oct 28, 2021
I have considered hanging but I don't know how to tie a noose ! And I'm scared it'll be painful. I think carbon monoxide would be a more peaceful way to go, but how do I get that? Burn a charcoal grill in an enclosed space? Hmm Nervous to do all this alone... need a suicidal partner to help ease our anxieties and fears.
Are you there I'll join you

• Hugs
Reactions: hlynn95 and patheticpartner
G

Gabby78

Sep 9, 2021
Can someone help me? Ive been trying out partial hanging and every time i start kneeing down in about 15 seconds i start hearing growling noises and losing my memory then i hurry and get up, i don't hear people talk about the noises is it just me!? And am i close to passing out? My head dont really feel like its exploding either its just this weird feeling all over your body and the whole time your telling yourself to get up

• Hugs
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Can someone help me? Ive been trying out partial hanging and every time i start kneeing down in about 15 seconds i start hearing growling noises and losing my memory then i hurry and get up, i don't hear people talk about the noises is it just me!? And am i close to passing out? My head dont really feel like its exploding either its just this weird feeling all over your body and the whole time your telling yourself to get up
There are numerous posts on this site about partial hanging failing- if people have the option to get up once symptoms start they usually do. Some notable celebrities- Robin WIlliams and Kate Spade- did get this to work,so it can be done, but it seems tough to get this right. Other methods are more reliable.

• Love
H

Hateyouprolife

Survivalist
Sep 4, 2021
There are lots of reports of not passing out so this gave me an idea. Problem seems to be not compressing carotid enough to close it completely. What if you first tied secondary knot just to your neck and tightened it enough to partially compress carotid arteries.

Now if you put on your main knot tied to a anchor point, it would take much less pressure to fully close arteries and pass out.

• Love
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I don't know if it will work or not- keep in mind that once a person passes out they still move around a lot as their muscles spasm due to lack of oxygen, so full suspension seems to work better.

Reactions: Hurt
Mr blobby

Mr blobby

Nov 29, 2020
Best height of noose for partial???
with me you express that very under the apple. that's very uncomfortable that's why I want to do it over it but then I can't breathe

Pull-up bar, rope coming from above. partial suspension. I tend the loop to chest height, and then let it sink in

put a cloth or scarf around your neck, some padding is okay, just not too thick
I got chinup bar but not screwed in. Hoping for the best. What height is best for the noose in partial suspension? Chest height?

• Hugs
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
How many probabilities are of succeed hanging with belt? (no leather belt) I'm planning on wearing something on my neck to avoid marks.

Last edited:
H

Hateyouprolife

Survivalist
Sep 4, 2021
How many probabilities are of succeed hanging with belt? (no leather belt) I'm planning on wearing something on my neck to avoid marks.
No idea of succes rate, but I would wrape my nech with regular tape. This way it should have less friction and also less chance of marks.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
No idea of succes rate, but I would wrape my nech with regular tape. This way it should have less friction and also less chance of marks.
I have heard of some failures on this site with a belt- it needs to be able to take your weight plus the torque of swinging around, which basically multiplies the force. I thnk that's why rope is more commonly used.

H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
I have heard of some failures on this site with a belt- it needs to be able to take your weight plus the torque of swinging around, which basically multiplies the force. I thnk that's why rope is more commonly used.
I have a rope but I don't think it's thick enough for a less painful end. Maybe I should buy a thicker one.