S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There are lots of reports of not passing out so this gave me an idea. Problem seems to be not compressing carotid enough to close it completely. What if you first tied secondary knot just to your neck and tightened it enough to partially compress carotid arteries.

Now if you put on your main knot tied to a anchor point, it would take much less pressure to fully close arteries and pass out.
With the failed attempts at partial I remember people generally do pass out but then as they get closer to ctb their body just naturally stands up to try to survive and they eventually come to again, and their neck hurts way too much at this point to try again, so they stop. Kate Spade and Robin Williams and others have done this by partial, but they must have known some details about how to make this work that most people don't know.

H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
Wow.

Yesterday and today I tried closing carotid arteries with just my hand. I tried under and over adam's apple. Not much happened, except the slight "exploding head" feeling.

Just a moments ago I grabbed some thin but sturdy string. Used my hands and the string. First over adam's apple, got slight exploding head feeling again. Then I'm pretty sure I placed the string under adam's apple. Then it happened. It took just a couple of seconds and I felt dizzy, lost feeling and strength of my arms, and probably my vision also became hazy. I don't think I even needed to pull the string with much force. Felt a bit of "euphoria" as well.

Scary but also relieving as this might be the way to go for me if or when I want to CTB. Was planning maybe doing long drop to make CTB certain, but seems like partial is so easy, painless and affordable way to go, with possibility of changing mind. Only negatives are if your system breaks or you are found. But with careful planning and testing, and choosing a secluded forest location in middle of night, I can't see a chance of failure.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find the sweet spot again. Need to keep testing.

EDIT: Yeah, can't repeat the same for some reason...

Last edited:
Reactions: tonytwist007
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Wow.

Yesterday and today I tried closing carotid arteries with just my hand. I tried under and over adam's apple. Not much happened, except the slight "exploding head" feeling.

Just a moments ago I grabbed some thin but sturdy string. Used my hands and the string. First over adam's apple, got slight exploding head feeling again. Then I'm pretty sure I placed the string under adam's apple. Then it happened. It took just a couple of seconds and I felt dizzy, lost feeling and strength of my arms, and probably my vision also became hazy. I don't think I even needed to pull the string with much force. Felt a bit of "euphoria" as well.

Scary but also relieving as this might be the way to go for me if or when I want to CTB. Was planning maybe doing long drop to make CTB certain, but seems like partial is so easy, painless and affordable way to go, with possibility of changing mind. Only negatives are if your system breaks or you are found. But with careful planning and testing, and choosing a secluded forest location in middle of night, I can't see a chance of failure.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find the sweet spot again. Need to keep testing.

EDIT: Yeah, can't repeat the same for some reason...
If you want this to work I hope it does, but like you said if you move a little you get away from the "sweet spot", and once you are unconscious your body will move a lot- the limbs move around a lot as they lose oxygen and they do this to try to get more, so then you lose the sweet spot again- there are so many posts on this site about partial failing, but it does sometimes work- for me I would want to really understand why it works in some cases or why it fails before I would try it.

R

RottenApple

Loneliness is not a phase
Dec 7, 2020
Is there any post talking about this method? https://abload.de/img/81960ab63394k14.jpeg

I always read about throwing the rope over the door and hanging on the other side, but the method of the picture doesn't seem to be discussed very often.

Reactions: WonderingSoul
H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
Further testing... I'm able to repeat what I did yesterday. Now I get convulsions/movements as well. Feels really weird. It seems I need to apply more pressure towards sides of neck, rather than front. I believe it's on thyroid gland where I'm placing the rope? Doesn't work pulling with the slip knotted noose. I think it requires more pressure, as in I need to attach the rope somewhere and use my body weight. What works is when I use my hands and the rope without any knot, so that most pressure is placed more towards the sides of the neck, or rather what's between front and sides of neck.

Problems I'm having is that it feels scary / SI inducing. Also the sweet spot seems to be so narrow. Maybe it's different when using weight of the body. Sliding off the sweet spot may or may not be a problem. Also it may be that when I set it up correctly and test it, I may accidentally succeed if I loose strength of my legs. It's not guaranteed that the process can be cancelled.

Still considering SN and N, not in a hurry. It's just that my mail is being checked where I currently live.

EDIT: Yeah! It works almost every time now. The rope is only 4-5mm thick. So I tried two ropes adding up to 8-10mm. Just under the peak of adam's apple.

EDIT2: Tried again, kept it longer. I can see why people get off of this... It seems the pressure I'm using cuts only part of the blood flow(?).

EDIT3: Now I get whole body convulsions, even my face makes a funny expression. I breath in a different way as well, it's like gasping for air but not quite. For a moment I was in the brink of losing consciousness, then I automatically let go of the rope. I was about to fall down whilst standing. I could describe the feeling euphoric, but quite mild such. Probably going to fall and hit my head if I continue this, that's one way to go...

EDIT4: Now I started headbanging like in a heavy metal concert. I'm hoping that the movements won't last long if I try this properly. They may cause problems.

Last edited:
mlha

mlha

Ex falso quodlibet
Nov 7, 2021
If everyone on SS had a gun, then there would be no longer need for this forum.
I'm not so sure, it may be quick, but I have a hunch that dying from a gunshot isn't peaceful internally. I definitely wish for a peaceful passing.

Reactions: akana
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
How can prisoners in prison manage to hang themselves with sheets? But there are probably many who fail.

tonytwist007

tonytwist007

Oct 6, 2021
I'm not so sure, it may be quick, but I have a hunch that dying from a gunshot isn't peaceful internally. I definitely wish for a peaceful passing.
I don't care either way.
If everyone on SS had a gun, then there would be no longer need for this forum.
True. But it would be so much easier to get one in the US than here in Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony24
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Hi, if the anchor point for full suspension is large can you still use a hitch knot? The wooden beam I have is like a foot tall and over an inch wide. I assume a hitch type knot would still work but opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

WorthlessMoron

WorthlessMoron

My cowardness is keeping me alive.
Sep 26, 2019
Would a rope made out of yarn be strong enough for partial hanging? I can't buy a rope for reasons I'd rather not talk about, but I can buy a yarn. I don't think a yarn itself would be strong enough, so I've searched on YouTube if you can make a rope using a yarn and there was some tutorials about it. I don't know how strong it will be though. (I can't test it because I haven't bought any yarn yet.) I've also searched about it on this forum but I haven't seen anyone talking about it, so I'm asking here instead.

Last edited:
B

benzoseruinedme

Nov 14, 2021
I am wondering what kind of knot to use for hanging they say a slip knot in the directions but is that your basic slip knot or is there another name for it ?
Would a rope made out of yarn be strong enough for partial hanging? I can't buy a rope for reasons I'd rather not talk about, but I can buy a yarn. I don't think a yarn itself would be strong enough, so I've searched on YouTube if you can make a rope using a yarn and there was some tutorials about it. I don't know how strong it will be though. (I can't test it because I haven't bought any yarn yet.) I've also searched about it on this forum but I haven't seen anyone talking about it, so I'm asking here instead.
Is there any post talking about this method? https://abload.de/img/81960ab63394k14.jpeg

I always read about throwing the rope over the door and hanging on the other side, but the method of the picture doesn't seem to be discussed very often.
What kind of knot is used for this method ?

I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
I'm trying to find out about the type of knot used for this method and have asked in several places if it's the basic slip knot used for knitting that is used here . Ive tried putting this over my head but the knot slips what am I doing wrong ??

Last edited:
C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
I've been practicing and I think I have it down now. Been tying a soft pillowcase lightly around my neck for padding. The rope is slip knotted and attached to my door. Ive been trying to slowly lower myself down for position 3 and I can hit the spot very quickly. I slide the knot down for the most part with my hand until its tight for practice. Slowly slide down my door and within seconds I can feel myself blacking out. I always jolt right up so im guessing its my SI kicking in but I also feel like if I wanted I could wait a few more seconds and I would be out. It is a euphoric feeling and im actually really excited now that I can do it on most practice attempts. I feel happy that im getting it more and more.

Reactions: WonderingSoul and Hotsackage
B

benzoseruinedme

Nov 14, 2021
I've been practicing and I think I have it down now. Been tying a soft pillowcase lightly around my neck for padding. The rope is slip knotted and attached to my door. Ive been trying to slowly lower myself down for position 3 and I can hit the spot very quickly. I slide the knot down for the most part with my hand until its tight for practice. Slowly slide down my door and within seconds I can feel myself blacking out. I always jolt right up so im guessing its my SI kicking in but I also feel like if I wanted I could wait a few more seconds and I would be out. It is a euphoric feeling and im actually really excited now that I can do it on most practice attempts. I feel happy that im getting it more and more.
Are using a simple slip knot ?

C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
And what kind of ligature are you using ? Do you think kneeling down will work with tie attached to door knob ?
I don't really know the size its bdsm rope my ex had gotten from amazon years ago. I have a few different sizes but I've been practicing with one that's a bit thicker because it doesn't stretch nearly as much as my thinner ones. I haven't worn or owned a tie in so many years but if its strong enough to not break I think it would. Im heavier probably 240 lbs so I wanted something that would hold my weight once im out. Ive been really pulling hard on it with my hands trying to see if I can use it to hang from like a climbing rope so I know it'll stay up and not slip once im out.

B

benzoseruinedme

Nov 14, 2021
I don't really know the size its bdsm rope my ex had gotten from amazon years ago. I have a few different sizes but I've been practicing with one that's a bit thicker because it doesn't stretch nearly as much as my thinner ones. I haven't worn or owned a tie in so many years but if its strong enough to not break I think it would. Im heavier probably 240 lbs so I wanted something that would hold my weight once im out. Ive been really pulling hard on it with my hands trying to see if I can use it to hang from like a climbing rope so I know it'll stay up and not slip once im out.
Are you really serious about doing this ?
That's the thing what happens once u pass out ?
I am wondering what kind of knot to use for hanging they say a slip knot in the directions but is that your basic slip knot or is there another name for it ?

I'm trying to find out about the type of knot used for this method and have asked in several places if it's the basic slip knot used for knitting that is used here . Ive tried putting this over my head but the knot slips what am I doing wrong ??

Last edited:
C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
Are you really serious about doing this ?
That's the thing what happens once u pass out ?
Yes I am I pretty much have everything ready. When I start to pass out its very much like they say you just start to go. You can feel things going black and there's a weird tingling feeling that goes through my body it isn't uncomfortable at all. It feels like they say euphoric. Every time I hit my spot and start to go I come out of it smiling and excited because I know it'll work.

Itsallover123

Itsallover123

Student
Nov 14, 2021
Further testing... I'm able to repeat what I did yesterday. Now I get convulsions/movements as well. Feels really weird. It seems I need to apply more pressure towards sides of neck, rather than front. I believe it's on thyroid gland where I'm placing the rope? Doesn't work pulling with the slip knotted noose. I think it requires more pressure, as in I need to attach the rope somewhere and use my body weight. What works is when I use my hands and the rope without any knot, so that most pressure is placed more towards the sides of the neck, or rather what's between front and sides of neck.

Problems I'm having is that it feels scary / SI inducing. Also the sweet spot seems to be so narrow. Maybe it's different when using weight of the body. Sliding off the sweet spot may or may not be a problem. Also it may be that when I set it up correctly and test it, I may accidentally succeed if I loose strength of my legs. It's not guaranteed that the process can be cancelled.

Still considering SN and N, not in a hurry. It's just that my mail is being checked where I currently live.

EDIT: Yeah! It works almost every time now. The rope is only 4-5mm thick. So I tried two ropes adding up to 8-10mm. Just under the peak of adam's apple.

EDIT2: Tried again, kept it longer. I can see why people get off of this... It seems the pressure I'm using cuts only part of the blood flow(?).

EDIT3: Now I get whole body convulsions, even my face makes a funny expression. I breath in a different way as well, it's like gasping for air but not quite. For a moment I was in the brink of losing consciousness, then I automatically let go of the rope. I was about to fall down whilst standing. I could describe the feeling euphoric, but quite mild such. Probably going to fall and hit my head if I continue this, that's one way to go...

EDIT4: Now I started headbanging like in a heavy metal concert. I'm hoping that the movements won't last long if I try this properly. They may cause problems.
I recommend looking at the night-night method, combining the use of two small objects on the sides of the neck could prove more effective

C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
Yes I am I pretty much have everything ready. When I start to pass out its very much like they say you just start to go. You can feel things going black and there's a weird tingling feeling that goes through my body it isn't uncomfortable at all. It feels like they say euphoric. Every time I hit my spot and start to go I come out of it smiling and excited because I know it'll work.
Tbh the only thing keeping me from doing it is worrying about being found. I have no friends basically nobody knows where I live nobody has talked to me in weeks and I have nobody that will come over to find me anyway. I really think if I died today it could be January before im found and that terrifies me. I don't want to be found in time to save me but I also don't want my body to just be left hanging rotting for months.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hotsackage and Lady black
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
Maybe you can send a time delayed mail to the police, so you will be found the next day and they take you down

B

benzoseruinedme

Nov 14, 2021
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.

vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
around the home.

at all.

What type of ligature?

What type of knot?
hanging place.

Where should I hang?

When should I do it?

How?

your head.

Good luck...
I'm having trouble navigating this website how do I fi

vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
around the home.

at all.

What type of ligature?

What type of knot?
hanging place.

Where should I hang?

When should I do it?

How?

your head.

Good

vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
around the home.

at all.

What type of ligature?

What type of knot?
hanging place.

Where should I hang?

When should I do it?

How?

your head.

Good
But how do u know the knot will still hold tight once you pass out ?

B

benzoseruinedme

Nov 14, 2021
I meant what happens to the slip knot will it be released because I'm holding on to it til I cant take it anymore then I release it ? I don't feel euphoric I just feel panic .

B

benzoseruinedme

Nov 14, 2021
Is the knot your going to use considered a slip knot or a noose knot ? I'm so confused about what type of knot I should use ?

C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
I meant what happens to the slip knot will it be released because I'm holding on to it til I cant take it anymore then I release it ? I don't feel euphoric I just feel panic .
That idk I actually have mine set up already on my door and have just been practicing with the full set up. I figured the worst that happens that way is I accidentally go through with it while practicing and I'm okay with that. I tried holding it and could never get enough pressure to pass out before I start panicking so I just set it up to do. I'm not recommending practicing this way at all because obviously a lot could go wrong. As for the knot I'm using a very basic slipknot one you'd get from a web search or that has been posted here a ton.

M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
I have a question too for you guys.
While doing partially hanging.
How do you make yourself choke out?
Do you put the noose around the neck and the rope anchored to a ligature?
And then what? What are the next steps to take? I don't understand it at all. Do you just kneel until you black out, while the rope is tied to the anchor point and holds your weight while gravity does the rest? Thanks in advance.

B

benzoseruinedme

Nov 14, 2021
And then what? What are the next steps to take? I don't understand it at all. Do you just kneel until you black out, while the rope is tied to the anchor point and holds your weight while gravity does the rest? Thanks in advance
I thought I was the only one not understanding how this works . I need to know because I have no choice I have to ctb because I have a terminal diagnosis and I can't live like this any longer
That idk I actually have mine set up already on my door and have just been practicing with the full set up. I figured the worst that happens that way is I accidentally go through with it while practicing and I'm okay with that. I tried holding it and could never get enough pressure to pass out before I start panicking so I just set it up to do. I'm not recommending practicing this way at all because obviously a lot could go wrong. As for the knot I'm using a very basic slipknot one you'd get from a web search or that has been posted here a ton.
When you say you have it set up how do u mean ? The rope attached to the door ?
I thought I was the only one not understanding how this works . I need to know because I have no choice I have to ctb because I have a terminal diagnosis and I can't live like this any longer

Oh I see u did say u have it tied to the door ..
And then what? What are the next steps to take? I don't understand it at all. Do you just kneel until you black out, while the rope is tied to the anchor point and holds your weight while gravity does the rest? Thanks in advance

Oh I see u did say u have it tied to the door ..
So ur saying u did try to hold it and thst didn't work for u so now u have it set up how exactly ? I just don't understand ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kris7825 and MusicToLogIn
B

benzoseruinedme

Nov 14, 2021
And also if the rope is around your neck wouldn't thst cut off all your arteries I don't understand how you put more pressure on the carotid ?