• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
I want to stop panicking and focus on working at salvaging my situation. I do not want to relapse into thinking I'm better off dead. I would love some tips, I'm sure everyone here has survived and braced through really difficult situations before... Thank you much <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowrider
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
-Hobbies are good, whether it's quiet and creative or sport and active.
-Pets/animals are extremely soothing.
-YouTube videos and watching stuff is great for laughs n taking you away from yourself.
-Self care is imperative; a bath, a face mask, something to care for your body while your mind is in turmoil has more effect than you'd think!

Hope you feel better soon :heart:

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Going from baby steps to giant strides.

Start by taking a shower and cleaning your room everyday while enjoying some hobby. Don't tell me you have NONE. If you think that, that's because you haven't found the right one. There's plenty of options out there.

Then, you'll feel you have more energy and be able to do some other stuff such as studying or even working.

That's what happened to me, at least.
I had been a NEET for almost 3 years and now I'm a "normal", "responsible" and productive human being again! (I don't know how much longer I'll be able to endure this, though lol)

Last edited:
listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
thank you all for your kind input. i recently went through a very traumatic series of events and i do take care of myself but it's like something's wrong with my brain, i need to work but can't focus or understand articles that used to be a breeze to me. and i dont have access to prescribed medicines...

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Breathing exercises
Guided meditation/hypnosis (via YouTube videos)
Distraction by doing the things you like to occupy your mind with something else

Also, if the panic is very incapacitating (ie, you are in freeze mode) and cannot obtain a prescription - maybe herbal remedies might help?

Sensei wrote a very good guide on these - but as with medications, be careful, some herbals can be very strong and can be influenced by the foods you eat (they can also impact medications, but if you do not have access to medications, this may not be an issue). Here is a link to his guide:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/a-guide-to-herbs.39433/page-3#post-1252529

listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
Breathing exercises

Breathing exercises
Guided meditation/hypnosis (via YouTube videos)
Distraction by doing the things you like to occupy your mind with something else

Also, if the panic is very incapacitating (ie, you are in freeze mode) and cannot obtain a prescription - maybe herbal remedies might help?

Sensei wrote a very good guide on these - but as with medications, be careful, some herbals can be very strong and can be influenced by the foods you eat (they can also impact medications, but if you do not have access to medications, this may not be an issue). Here is a link to his guide:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/a-guide-to-herbs.39433/page-3#post-1252529
Thank you much! I really appreciate these info

Thank you all for taking time to help me

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
I put on background music, or white noise, as the sound of rain, wind, or an aircraft. You can find it on youtube. I also use it for sleep, as for bi-lateral tinnitus. I also listen to monk chanting, which could help you if you are a Buddhist...

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I guess things that help me are getting sleep and rest and going outside a bit for some fresh air. I also think that background sounds are helpful, I like nature ones.

• Love
Reactions: listeningpost1379