S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Language with syntax in humans gives rise to higher-order consciousness allowing its possessor to be conscious of being conscious. What?

So... can another, higher-order (or even highest-order) consciousness have given rise to the higher-order consciousness that allowed the processor to be conscious of being conscious, and would they all be the same thing?

Or, can consciousness be explained in terms of biologically available evidence based facts scientifically?

It is ridiculous! Lol! Do not mind me. I was just rambling for some unknown reason?

Hope this helps?

Reactions: Weary Soul, SmellyRat and shay23
B

Belaya Noch

Sep 3, 2020
I can share some personal experience, maybe it can be helpful for you.

I turned vegetarian two years ago, but when i think how many animals were killed and tortured through my whole life just for the purpose of questionable consumption pleasure, then my own death seems to be something very trivial for me as well.

(I assume that, as Mr. Darwin said, we are all distant relatives, and that, as Peter Singer said, anthropocentric attitude results only from our species' chauvinism).

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire and shay23
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
I turned vegetarian two years ago, but when i think how many animals were killed and tortured through my whole life just for the purpose of questionable consumption pleasure, then my own death seems to be something very trivial for me as well.

(I assume that, as Mr. Darwin said, we are all distant relatives, and that, as Peter Singer said, anthropocentric attitude results only from our species' chauvinism).

Yes, it does make me sick how anthropocentric humans are, and religion only makes it worse by giving the false belief we are above the animal world.

Reactions: ready 2 go, Belaya Noch and Spitfire
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I can share some personal experience, maybe it can be helpful for you.

I'm vegetarian too! Good outlook.

• Love
Reactions: Belaya Noch, Spitfire and SmellyRat
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
We're just animals ultimately. We're bundles of stuff moving about, and yeah we can have our feelings and care about things, but there is no greater meaning beyond that and when you stop caring life is pointless.

• Love
Reactions: Belaya Noch, shay23 and Spitfire
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Watch the brain by Dr David Eagleman, it might dispel a lot of these idiotic ideas about tunnels of light and what "they" say.

There is no colour, no smell, the world you live in is completely different to the illusion your brain constructs.
Watching it now, it is interesting.

Reactions: Spitfire and StuFin