Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I feel like I have a black hole within me that constantly desires someone to be with.

I remember a character in The Great Gatsby said upon turning 30, "It's the decade of loneliness."

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, GravityUtilizer, Lostandlooking and 6 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Same. I have no advise. I'm not handling it well at all. It's why I'm posting on a suicide forum.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zebedee, SuicideAwaits, NumbItAll and 6 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I pay women on Onlyfans to talk to me

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: VainVanity, Fedrea, xLosthopex and 3 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Much the same as adult, single WOMEN handle the loneliness, I suppose.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, SuicideAwaits, Élégie and 5 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Much the same as adult, single WOMEN handle the loneliness, I suppose.
Adult women can have company if they want it. Many men are shit out of luck.

• Wow
Reactions: Snatsbats, Pengwin, DetachedDreamer97 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
I keep in mind that my endpoint is set.
barring flying elephants.

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020

How do you work that out? How do we meet this company? Do we walk into a bar on our own? Men can do that, but women can't.

Reactions: Celerity, Fedrea, Soul and 2 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
How do you work that out? How do we meet this company? Do we walk into a bar on our own? Men can do that, but women can't.
Just join a dating site and sift through all the guys who message you

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Reactions: justsad&done and botanormal
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Go on tinder and be fat. Good looking guys will swipe right guaranteed. That doesn't happen for even average looking men.

lol you're kiddin' right! I AM that fat, single woman, and there is no way any good looking men will swipe right. Why would they when there are plenty of slim, pretty women on there? Unless these men are 'feeders' of course, or into obese women.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, Fedrea, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
lol you're kiddin' right! I AM that fat, single woman, and there is no way any good looking men will swipe right. Why would they when there are plenty of slim, pretty women on there? Unless these men are 'feeders' of course, or into obese women.
You haven't even tried huh? Good looking guys will often go for anyone. Women on dating apps are very selective, so guys will go for anything. Not me. I keep to my standards

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
You haven't even tried huh? Good looking guys will often go for anyone. Women on dating apps are very selective, so guys will go for anything. Not me. I keep to my standards

As you said, "Women on dating apps are very selective," so what makes you think women would meet up with just any man who swipes right for them?

So perhaps it's because you 'keep to your standards' that you're alone?
Try 'dropping your standards slightly, ' after all, beggars can't be choosers... :wink:

Reactions: Celerity, SuicideAwaits, Élégie and 4 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Not that well.
Its certainly that way for me in terms of general loneliness and I struggle.
Its difficult ,frustrating and it hurts.
But I think loneliness itself is equally difficult and painful for both genders because we are all human and humans don't do well with loneliness.
Same goes for being single when you'd really prefer not to be. (I am that too and it really saddens me sometimes)
Its equally frustrating and painful for both men and women.
I personally don't even try to find love ,relationships or sex because I can't face the inevitable rejection.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LivedTooLong, botanormal, Kramer and 1 other person
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
As you said, "Women on dating apps are very selective," so what makes you think women would meet up with just any man who swipes right for them?

So perhaps it's because you 'keep to your standards' that you're alone?
Try 'dropping your standards slightly, ' after all, beggars can't be choosers... :wink:
Chances are that any man you select on tinder will have swiped right on you.

I've lowered them but in public I never have to given the women who can't help but stare. I just can't approach a random in a store. It wouldn't work. I've tried and it's just awkward. I would have to see them regularly.

Online I have dropped them as an experiment and I just cant do it.

ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
It's kind of a shame that threads about being single and loneliness end up in arguements about who has it worse. Everyone has their own struggles.

But to answer the question I don't handle it I just let it consume me which is why I'm here.

Reactions: Celerity, spooky, Sprite_Geist and 10 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
@needforrelief do you suffer from socialphobia?

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
That is correct. But it's still company which is almost always better than actual solitude.

I guess. I fall in the solitude camp but I've seen many posts on this very site from people who would have been better off not meeting a partner that hurt them in some way

Reactions: Élégie, botanormal, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I guess. I fall in the solitude camp but I've seen many posts on this very site from people who would have been better off not meeting a partner that hurt them in some way
Yes but those comprise only a small proportion.

Reactions: Kramer
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Chances are that any man you select on tinder will have swiped right on you.

I've lowered them but in public I never have to given the women who can't help but stare. I just can't approach a random in a store. It wouldn't work. I've tried and it's just awkward. I would have to see them regularly.

Online I have dropped them as an experiment and I just cant do it.
There are no answers, everyone's different, and I wouldn't use Tinder if my life depended on it! It's full of blokes just wanting their leg over!
Plus, it can be very dangerous for women to meet up with strangers. So I'd say it's a lot easier for men to meet women... do you agree?

Reactions: Soul, botanormal and Lilacmoon
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It's kind of a shame that threads about being single and loneliness end up in arguements about who has it worse. Everyone has their own struggles.

But to answer the question I don't handle it I just let it consume me which is why I'm here.
You have ocd too? It's a life ruiner
@needforrelief do you suffer from socialphobia?
Yeah

• Hugs
Reactions: ocd is bad and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
There are no answers, everyone's different, and I wouldn't use Tinder if my life depended on it! It's full of blokes just wanting their leg over!
Plus, it can be very dangerous for women to meet up with strangers. So I'd say it's a lot easier for men to meet women... do you agree?
I personally do not agree. I would say women who are very physically unattractive by current standards are in a pretty terrible spot. The other three quarters or more can meet men just by waiting for a bus. Will it be the kind of men they want to meet? Maybe not but if they just want basic company it's pretty much always available.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Kramer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
No I don't agree. I've been on all the apps. They used to work but for some reason not anymore. I look the same.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Whatever you say, you really can't generalise. I suffer with social anxiety and BPD. So social anxiety stops me from meeting new people, and BPD means I will inevitably ruin any relationship I have, eventually - so what's the point?
So you see, it doesn't just depend on how easy it is for any gender to be able to form relationships, it also depends on the barriers people have, against meeting people and forming relationships.
No I don't agree. I've been on all the apps. They used to work but for some reason not anymore. I look the same.

Instead of posting a profile picture, if you're rich, post a picture of your bank balance... I'm sure you'll soon see a difference. :wink:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: botanormal
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
You have ocd too? It's a life ruiner
I do. I'm sorry that you have it too, it really sucks. For me personally life would be somewhat bearable if it was just ocd but I can't stand the loneliness, that's my main reason.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Agree 100%. Worst that would happen for me is there's no spark or connection. Maybe I get catfished. If I were to wind up meeting another dude, posing as a woman, I just say that's not my thing and walk away or maybe have a nice dinner and conversation.

Women stand a much higher chance of getting raped or abducted. I don't know what is wrong with men, but some are really fucked in the head.

Reactions: stygal and x~Sophia~x
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Here we go...this is where the origins of this site rear their ugly head.

Reactions: mapletree, Silenos, Soul and 2 others