• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about and/or find your way to this site?

• Searching for methods

Votes: 799 35.4%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 213 9.4%
  • BBC - up to and including Oct 2023 article & podcast

Votes: 70 3.1%
  • Tantacul's Youtube video

Votes: 969 43.0%
  • A Youtube video other than Tantacrul's

Votes: 66 2.9%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 79 3.5%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 76 3.4%
  • Through other forums or social media e.g Discord /Reddit/TikTok (feel free to comment)

Votes: 306 13.6%
  • Other news outlets or miscellaneous sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 95 4.2%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 14 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
Some angel on left the hint at the link to this site in the cesspool that is Reddit. I've left that platform altogether since finding this site. Reddit is crawling with hyperaggressive, bigoted, asshole life warriors who love reminding poor souls that "life don't owe you SHIT!!! Get over yourself!!!"

Crappy_joycon

Crappy_joycon

Mar 15, 2023
I don't actually know precisely how I found this forum, but I was looking on Google a place where I could talk about suicide without the whole "life is precious" speech, and not giving me the time of day and understanding why. I wanted a save place where I can talk about a possible to take my life where I will not be judged.

So I think it was an old reddit post talking about how this forum was finally off-line or something, but someone else said it was back again, so of course I checked it out.

And here I am.

MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Tantacul's Youtube video led me to this site .
I signed up due to Tantacrul's video, but I had already vaguely heard of it elsewhere.
Tantacrul's video did. How ironic lol
Tantacrul video. I wasn't even a minute into the video before I started desperately searching for this website. It took me a while, but I finally found the link in a Reddit thread discussing the Tantacrul video. Now I find out that the site was way easier to find .-.
Through Tantacul, i have to say that first i was shocked to see that this forum existed
After watching Tantacrul's video, I began searching for the site's real name - found it on an extremely random, small Reddit thread. Searching for it led me to the Wikipedia page, where I found the link to the site.
From Tantracul's video. Although I didn't finish the video, I went straight ahead to look for it. I felt very curious as this is the first community I thought I could relate to. And I wasn't wrong. This is one place I genuinely felt I'm not alone.
Tantacrul's video was how I discovered this site and it's so interesting how different it is than how he generalized it.
"There is no such thing as bad publicity."

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
KF = trollng webste

Thy fnd ppl on internt 2 lagh at

Hello Dot, thank you for enlightening me, that site sounds horrible. Too many unkind people who just have nothing on their minds other than causing harm to others. How are you? 🌷

Reactions: Whatever♡
P

peaches

Student
Oct 19, 2022
I expect the majority of these are young adults too- under the age of 24. I get the impression that that is a large section of his audience. I wonder how many minors have tried to create accounts. Or- even- who now know of this place- where they wouldn't have before.

I have very mixed feelings about suicidal children. I can sympathise because I was one. I personally DON'T think it's good to advertise this place to children though- and- even criticism is a form of advertising- it makes someone aware of something they weren't before. Children are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. Being told something is bad or dangerous won't necessarily stop them from looking for it. In fact- for many- it will simply peak their curiosity.

I feel SO sorry for our mods- who have to now try and decipher who is lying about their age to create an account. (By the way- I'm NOT saying I agree and that this place is bad or dangerous- I'm just saying that personally- while I would have been very happy to find this place as a minor- I don't think it would have done me any favours.)
My heart breaks for the young people on this site. But it's important to find support at any age for despair.
I'm much older. Staying here has not changed my despair. I am chronically S with severe acute episodes.
But I am sorry I stayed this long.
I would NEVER re- live my life.
But I can't speak for all the young people who may possibly fall into a circumstance that makes it worth being here. I didn't, but when you're really young, you just don't know what's in front of you.
Most importantly, this forum provides a non-judgmental place to be real.

Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
wow, tanta's video seems to have backfired. imagine that 😂
wow, tanta's video seems to have backfired. imagine that 😂
if you're trying to put an end to suicide sites, don't name any of the actual sites. it's called logic. even the times fucked up on that

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
D

DimStarlight

Apr 17, 2023
i looked up suicide forums, and stumbled across this site somehow, cant remember what links i clicked to get here, but im thankful i found my way here

B

betternever2havbeen

Warlock
Jun 19, 2022
A lot of people signed up because of Tantacrul's video, it seems that his plan backfired lol.
And people like me who had escaped the evil clutches of SS for a few months also came back due to his video, but I'm sure the pro-lifers will spin it so I was "enticed" back and new members were "lured" in. I don't even know what his plan was, he had to know people would come here from morbid curiosity alone and he did a really poor job of disguising the site he was referring to.

H

hodbu

Just give me peace, please
Apr 23, 2023
I've never heard of Tantacrul, but I came here through searching of methods and N, and eventually there was a thread from here that popped up and I wanted to be a part of a community of people seeking ways to exit this world peacefully on our own terms.

Zetsubou

Zetsubou

Friend of Despair
Mar 16, 2023
Tantacrul's video. I don't know why the algorithm recommended it to me, as I had never heard of this guy or watched any of his videos before. Shortly afterwards, I've found the website name and link through Wikipedia.

• Love
Reactions: Unwr!tten
lilmarei

lilmarei

Apr 25, 2023
I was in Ahmia that is a browser that you use with TOR, just been curious because i heard about it, and I was looking for suicidal groups to talk, because I'm having a difficult time with my brain and in general I'm never haved a good relationship with my self

Reactions: jlwww08271965
L

lovelyo

Apr 24, 2023
I've found a Korean Blog discussing suicide. The blog introduced this community. While I was searching for euthanasia, which is currently illegal in my region, this community has been a lot of help.

T

TheEndOfTheLine

Jul 15, 2021
Tantacul's Youtube video led me to this site .
Really? I just watched it and decided to revisit
Through Tantacul, i have to say that first i was shocked to see that this forum existed (because i watched his video first) then when i came to see for myself i saw a group of good hearted people who look like they are genuinely trying to help each other. That's why I've decided to join you guys❤️. I couldn't believe how vaguely he generalised this forum.
Yeah and all criticism deleted in the YouTube comments ofcourse. Christian doctrine is pervasive even as church attendance goes down.

Reactions: jlwww08271965
KarmicRain

KarmicRain

Mar 27, 2023
even though i only joined recently, this site's felt vaguely familiar. I think I checked up on it around 5 years back but didn't go that far into it since I was busy throwing myself into video games and manga.
now that distractions don't work as well as they used to, i'm here.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I found this site by reading an article that was aimed at banning sites like these 😂 I found it ironic they listed the name of the site. Suicide will exists forever, I can say this site has bought me so much comfort and actually extended the time I planned on being here. I'm so thankful and appreciative to have people who understand and not just listen, I find this site therapeutic🥰
Tantacrul's video was how I discovered this site and it's so interesting how different it is than how he generalized it.
I already joined the site but kept seeing his name so I checked out his video. I really think he meant well but I think he promoted the site more than trying to keep people from it! This site seems creepy when you hear about it but once inside you find comfort and peace and a group of people who are nothing but supportive and understanding!

Last edited:
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
Unfortunately from Reddit. I swear I don't go to that place often, lol.

Endkrieg00

Endkrieg00

Apr 18, 2023
I find this place months ago, when I was searching with great interest for methods to ctb in a painless way. During some research in the internet I finally ran into this site. When I find for the first time this site, It was like coming across a oasis among all the crap I've had to push aside to finally find what I need.
I never thought I would come across a site like this. I'm impressed...

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Literally googled 'Sanctioned Suicide' after seeing clinics like Dignitas in Switzerland on YouTube.

Dying science gal

Dying science gal

Dying science gal
Apr 27, 2023
Wikipedia. So I was editing pages on Wikipedia (I'm a long-time editor), going through random pages, and I found this website. Just good luck. :)

• Wow
Reactions: Tobacco
notwhereIbelong

notwhereIbelong

I'm so tired
Feb 12, 2023
T*ntacul's video, I didn't even watch it at first. It made me realized suicide forums exist, somehow I've never managed to stumble upon one before that, and immediately thought they were the perfect place for me; a google search later and I'm here.
After a while of being here, I finally watched the video, and it got me quite pissed, but I'm glad it at least allowed me to find this place

AndroidAmongHumans

AndroidAmongHumans

Full Bodily Autonomy is non-negotiable
Apr 27, 2023
I found the site years ago while looking for methods, and I've been an intermittent lurker for years. I was trying to find another site called Lost All Hope and stumbled into the forums instead. Lost All Hope used to have a guide to the pain, availability, speed, and aftermath/cleanup of various methods to CTB, but I guess they must've gotten sued because the rest of the pro-life "it always gets better" messages on the website are still up but the methods section has been blocked behind a 403 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.