• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about and/or find your way to this site?

• Searching for methods

Votes: 799 35.4%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 213 9.4%
  • BBC - up to and including Oct 2023 article & podcast

Votes: 70 3.1%
  • Tantacul's Youtube video

Votes: 969 43.0%
  • A Youtube video other than Tantacrul's

Votes: 66 2.9%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 79 3.5%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 76 3.4%
  • Through other forums or social media e.g Discord /Reddit/TikTok (feel free to comment)

Votes: 306 13.6%
  • Other news outlets or miscellaneous sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 95 4.2%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 14 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
headcase95

headcase95

abject failure
Apr 17, 2023
I found it after scouring google about methods. It used to not show up on Google results but I got lucky and found it. I was grateful to have found it but now it's on Youtube and Wikipedia and I'm afraid more exposure is eventually going to get it taken down. I have SN and a plan B in case that fails but I still can't relax. My plan b is guaranteed to work but it might be very painful and it might not be available forever. I won't be able to relax until it's all over.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames
GreatExpectations

GreatExpectations

Mar 30, 2023
Can't remember where I heard about about it. I just new there were forums on the 'dark web' where people helped each other commit suicide. I downloaded tor to have a look and I was kind of surprised to see it was just a normal website that can be accessed through any old browser

• Hugs
J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
I was googling pro suicide websites and came across an article from the New York Times about a young man who ended his life after finding this website and it led me to finding my community. Who knew you existed?!

hag

hag

Mar 29, 2023
I read an article, I think in the New York Times, and used phrases from it to google this site. I joined because I saw acceptance without judgement of people feeling suicidal or thinking about suicide. I hoped to be able to share my experiences and feelings. It's harder to do that than I anticipated, but I think I'll get there.

S

spinningmyself

Dec 31, 2022
I was looking up methods found an article in NYT and was able to find this place. I was not expecting to still be here but this place has helped me, just knowing I am not alone in how I feel. It has aslo helped with my anger and guilt at feeling selfish for not wanting to be here. I know when I am ready I will be more at peace with it and myself but I am also still here because of ss.

Andarosh

Andarosh

The Ghost
Nov 13, 2022
I spent weeks searching most common and suitable methods or even methods that are not so available to me in the country that I live in. But I had to search through different search engines than Google, and one of those led me to this site, for which I am really grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
charlotte_

charlotte_

-
Mar 12, 2023
I heard about the site from a friend. At first, I thought the site is exactly how it sounds: a bunch of depressed suicidal emos encouraging each other to die. But slowly, I've learnt what this site truly is about and come to appreciate it

• Hugs
S

snu

Jun 7, 2022
I lurked on alt.suicide.holiday about 20 years ago. After that I think there was /r/catchingthebus and later /r/Timetogo. Maybe even a /r/rationalsuicide or /r/sanctioned_suicide but I'm not sure if those were real or just my imagination. After those were cancelled I probably googled sanctioned suicide or rational suicide until this came up.

philmore444

philmore444

-
Mar 18, 2023
Kiwi Farms, my friend constantly goes on and on about whatever he finds from that site, and once told me about something he saw on there so I went ahead took a look and found a thread on this place

AresCohere

AresCohere

Professional Insomniac
Apr 10, 2023
I was told about it by a friend but they refused to give the full link/name of the site so I actually found this place through Wikipedia (which is oddly funny to me)

• Hugs
Q

Qwe

Apr 19, 2023
Looking for advice on whether the pills I have available to me would work, and generally just finding prevention stuff, I found this. So refreshing to read people not trying to judge or talk you out of it, but just practice advice. Thank you for existing!

• Hugs
I

Idiotic_Idiot

Mar 3, 2023
Found it through Tantacrul's video. He makes a big point in the video of not using the website's real name because he doesn't want to send anyone to that website. He did a pretty half-assed job of that though, cause he used the same letters/acronym as the actual site, "Sorrow Solution / SS" and the exact same colour scheme and font. So like, it took about 5 minutes on google to find the actual site, based on that. At least he made it easy for me though, lol.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I was looking for a forum. Joined this and another one but I found out at my lowest ebb at the other one that the admin like to prey on people. Later read something posted by one of the admin and i realised thats why hes such a dick. Stayed away since .. years now. Funnily enough they claim to help each other but i never got any, the offenders just got excused.
Not so supportive after all.

• Hugs
E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
Saw a Facebook ad asking me to take action against an unnamed pro-suicide website. That led me down a rabbit hole reading articles about the website, all of which refused to name the site. But it didn't take me long to find the site they were referring to using Google.

It's very funny that anti-SS posts were what led me to find this place.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Kiwi Farms, my friend constantly goes on and on about whatever he finds from that site, and once told me about something he saw on there so I went ahead took a look and found a thread on this place
Hi, what's that site about? Is it a forum too?

Mortalist

Mortalist

Apr 19, 2023
I allready decided on a Method months ago, and tried another run at searching how to do it. It's actually straight forward, but I haven't gathered every details yet. Not finding anything new or helpful, as allways. Only this time I stumbled opon this site. Couldn't say why it never got sugested to me before, I'm just glad I found it.

nopride86

nopride86

Student
Mar 16, 2022
Reddit in the fall of '21. I already knew that you couldn't talk openly about methods and feelings on there, but some of the comments mentioned "SS" and I started google searching from there. No regrets.

vitheway

vitheway

Apr 18, 2023
i somehow got here through the church of euthanasia website if i remember correctly

Kodokushi

Kodokushi

Falling...into the abyss...
Apr 19, 2023
Got recommended a video on youtube while binge watching creepy stuff, got confused, yet somewhat interested at the same time, so I gave it a watch. The guy did a bad job covering up the info, in my opinion, so it was insanely easy to lurk. Mostly joined in so I could like the comments (the usual silent observant behavior lol) but talking might be a good idea as well, since I never really share these kinds of thoughts with anyone

• Hugs
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I was searching for methods and this site came up in the results.

K

koddeee

Apr 20, 2023
I was googling methods and a PBS Youtube video popped up. They didn't mention the site in the video but they did mention it in the article they were featuring. I had no idea this existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.