• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about and/or find your way to this site?

• Searching for methods

Votes: 799 35.4%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 213 9.4%
  • BBC - up to and including Oct 2023 article & podcast

Votes: 70 3.1%
  • Tantacul's Youtube video

Votes: 969 43.0%
  • A Youtube video other than Tantacrul's

Votes: 66 2.9%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 79 3.5%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 76 3.4%
  • Through other forums or social media e.g Discord /Reddit/TikTok (feel free to comment)

Votes: 306 13.6%
  • Other news outlets or miscellaneous sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 95 4.2%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 14 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
enviro400mmc

enviro400mmc

#1 cake123 fanboy
Nov 27, 2022
I found it through the NYT article. Before that I knew a website like this existed and I'd been searching for ages, had absolutely no idea how or where to find it, I really feel like without the NYT article I never would have found this place.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It was a long time ago now but I think that when researching methods I came across an anti suicide news article about someone who had ended their own existence after viewing a suicide forum, it didn't name the site but soon enough I found this site.

cwsyf

cwsyf

Apr 7, 2023
Searching for methods. Spent about a week just googling information on different methods and success rates and thought I had no other real resources except for one site that has details on methods, success rates and pain/discomfort until I found this. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention the site but I'm sure most of us know which one it is.

RandomTuesday

RandomTuesday

Apr 13, 2023
I was searching for practical topics related to suicide. Things like: How to do it so it looks accidental. What to get in order before doing it. Effects on children. etc. Unfortunately it was difficult to find anything useful, it was all preventative-related results. Then I came across the NYT article. It didn't mention the site by name, but it took 10 seconds to figure it out.

Then I read a lot of posts and decided to join. I wasn't planning on posting for a while, but I'd really like to be able to search the site. It also feels good to be able to talk about it openly without worrying anyone I know.

dweams

dweams

i feel tired…maybe I’ll get wings
Feb 26, 2023
Tantacrul video. I wasn't even a minute into the video before I started desperately searching for this website. It took me a while, but I finally found the link in a Reddit thread discussing the Tantacrul video. Now I find out that the site was way easier to find .-.

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
I first discovered this forum in 2018 while searching for unconventional methods. It was the week after my birthday—also the same day I was discharged from the psych ward; different from my past methods such as overdosing or jump contemplating. I found the resource information on SN but never knew any sources, so I forgot about it for years.

F

Furytide

Apr 13, 2023
Can someone point me towards the NYT article, please? Was it a recent one?

Reactions: catperson
RedDoor

RedDoor

Tired... just Tired
Apr 13, 2023
Through Tantacul, i have to say that first i was shocked to see that this forum existed (because i watched his video first) then when i came to see for myself i saw a group of good hearted people who look like they are genuinely trying to help each other. That's why I've decided to join you guys❤️. I couldn't believe how vaguely he generalised this forum.

AnonymousL

AnonymousL

Experienced
Apr 5, 2023
Through Tantacul, i have to say that first i was shocked to see that this forum existed (because i watched his video first) then when i came to see for myself i saw a group of good hearted people who look like they are genuinely trying to help each other. That's why I've decided to join you guys❤️. I couldn't believe how vaguely he generalised this forum.
He genuinely made this place seem like such a cruel place. It's not fair.

I came here because of his video as well and I feel relieved that I signed up. It's a safe space for people to openly talk about their feelings without being locked up 😭

aimless_arrow

aimless_arrow

Lost from the very start
Mar 14, 2023
I knew about SS because I've heard of the subreddit and that it's been banned, but didn't know it became an independent forum. I was pretty much just lurking on r/SuicideWatch but it's filled with people dishing out the usual platitudes.

Then the Tantacrul video happened and led me here. It's funny because YouTube kept recommending me his video even though I tried ignoring it. Eventually I gave in so here I am :)

Cucumberman

Cucumberman

Apr 2, 2023
From Tantracul's video. Although I didn't finish the video, I went straight ahead to look for it. I felt very curious as this is the first community I thought I could relate to. And I wasn't wrong. This is one place I genuinely felt I'm not alone.

DonTellMeToStayAlive

DonTellMeToStayAlive

Student
Jan 18, 2019
Found this site in late 2018 or so, after the subreddit had shut down. Had been searching for methods and other suicide related stuff in general for a while now, and had found the ash archive in 2017, around the time I first read Final Exit, which, in spite of its disapproval of the suicide of people like me, was helpful in cementing the right to die for me, as something that is anything beyond my own primitive conception of it.
I kept searching more over time, putting different keywords in google search, going to the third page, etc. Eventually found posts on reddit about the banning of the ss subreddit. Eventually, that led me me here. Lurked for a few months before finally creating an account

Status
Not open for further replies.