Dec 21, 2021
was desperate and looking for methods

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat and WonderingSoul
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
How did you discover it from the very beginning? And how'd you find it?

I've discovered SanctionedSuicide when it was on Reddit mostly and almost in the very beginning. I didn't make a reddit account or anything, I was a long time lurker. I do remember a various of popular old users from Reddit, and even some who have passed away.
Do you remember ShadowChan1? Her story has always stayed with me.

Last edited:
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
The NYT article. No kidding. I googled to no end, which I'm usually pretty good at, but just got prevention sites or scientific papers. Guess I was too general in my parameters, tho it seemed like Google had policies about answering my inquiries. Tried again a few weeks later and there it was. Thank you NYT.

Karik892

Karik892

Feb 12, 2022
I discovered it recently by searching a Suicide forum on Internet (to get suicide tips).
My regular search motor doesn't index such forums (not in top serchs at least). But an old 2015 article on Vice reference this name "sanctioned suicide"

I searched for this name and this is how I get here.

The referenced forum seems to be a Dark web homonym

ps: Hope, posting this link doesn't violate forum rules.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja
EvilStepSister

EvilStepSister

Feb 15, 2022
I had a friend I met through another online forum. We met in person a few times. She told me what ctb stands for. She ended up ctb'ing. Two years ago, I Googled around using that term and found SS.

• Hugs
sweetheart

sweetheart

May 12, 2018
I used to hang around r/sanctionedsuicide a lot, and from there I spent time in suicide servers on Discord. I heard about this site from one of those two.

• Hugs
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
I deadass just searched "ways to kill yourself" and with enough scrolling I came across the forum.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
darkdoomhoney

darkdoomhoney

Feb 15, 2022
The NYT article written recently about the site. When I first read the article I was doing well and didn't think much about it, except sympathizing with how sad it must've been for the parents who found their kids, but after a couple of life changes and failed attempts, I found my way here.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
I was on DuckDuckGo and I was researching methods

P

PrisonBreak

Student
Oct 29, 2021
Came across the forum when I was searching for ways to die.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I Used to post on a Facebook depression discussion group on FB. And most of my posts wouldn't get approved or my comments would get deleted. This nice lady who is not a member here told me about ss. I looked for a couple of days and then joined. Best thing I did.

deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I had watched a hyped up video of the worst dark web sites and then the guy mentioned SS and said he encouraged and helped people to kill themselves at the time I felt like going here but the site was on the dark web, after a while I I researched this site again when I was at the height of my madness and found that it was now on the regular web and saw that it was nothing like what I was told

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
i was googleing an effective method to do partial hanging, and i found this forum (just in time, this forum is now censored in my country).

Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
Truth? Read an article in November, while doing searches for chemicals that can kill and are easy to obtain, an article about the blow smoke up our arses that want to shut this site down and how the people here actually goad others into killing themselves. They refused to even name the site in the article so it took me three days of doing all day long searches to find you guys, seriously. Actually joined this site to get that help being goaded into jumping in front of that bus or jumping off that overpass, but did not find any of that, instead found acceptance and actually gave myself a reprieve from those horrid feelings that my death will have to be horrific for me to be released from this more horrific life. Yep, I found my peaceful way to exit without having to find a way to Sweden to enjoy the sarco pod, though I have not yet obtained it. Feeling like I might actually be able to hold on, have a real life, until this week when I was attacked yet once again after a month long turmoil in housing and inability to adequately feed my husband and cats. Still no N, no fundage for N and not sure will wait any longer, overpass here I come.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I was trying to find a way to suicide and I had bumped onto this place on a google search. It was so unique and awesome. The people were very interesting on here. There was a lot of valuable things discussed. It's a tragedy when they are no longer here :( because they had a lot to offer many of them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I knew of SS on Reddit as I had been lurking there long ago during one of my many previous depressive episodes.

In this current form, I came to know of SS after I was searching for a peaceful means of exit during my latest depressive episode, and I came across the infamous NYT article that mentioned a relatively painless method used by many (SN). I also learned of the existence of this forum from the NYT only. So I thank the NYT for doing me a wonderful favour! 👍 😉 😄