the-eternal

Apr 10, 2018
i was led here in 2018, after the sanctionedsuicide subreddit was banned

Reactions: Mixo, Deafsn0w and Skathon
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I believe it was through another site called Lost all hope. But it's been such a long time ago, I could be wrong and remember it incorrectly.

• Wow
Reactions: Deafsn0w and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I believe it was through another site called Lost all hope. But it's been such a long time ago, I could be wrong and remember it incorrectly.
Interestingly enough I also got to spend time on that site. It gave a lot of information on methods and such. It also offered this chat there with people which I was also part of. :)

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Epsilon0
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
Found it using a different search engine, as it's blocked on the popular one. It was a few days after my failed attempt around valentines day earlier this year.

InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
I was googling methods I think for hanging or cutting my neck and I came across NoLifeNoPains post on hanging. I lurked for a day and made an account.

That's exactly what I did lol. When I saw how nice this community seemed, I knew I needed to make an account. If I looked up anything related to suicide or killing myself, I would've never found this site. I had to be more specific to find it like "how to hang yourself". Now, I don't have to do any methods I don't like too much like jumping or hanging because I did my research.

But OH MY GOD was it such a PAIN to find this site! So many websites not giving me any valuable resources and information and telling me to just live. I expected a site like Quora to at least give me a reasonable answer as to how to die but I think everybody who bothers to answer is pro-life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, searchingfreedom, Deafsn0w and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I first discovered it when I was browsing rational suicide and philosophy of suicide, trying to avoid the horde of pro-life spiel and anti-choice subreddits like r/SW. I somehow found it on Reddit, and it was sometime during 2015 or 2016. Then after the unfortunate event that the subreddit was banned, I went to TTG for a bit (in 2018), and then a few months later, found this website and decided that because it allowed method discussion, non-censorship of suicide related topics, and of course, no pro-life/anti-choice spiel, I was sold and signed up.

Reactions: searchingfreedom, Deafsn0w, Abgrundanziehung and 1 other person
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
I was looking for painless suicide methods and I didn't call "SOS suicide"...

• Hugs
melancholy_lily

melancholy_lily

May 21, 2020
I was researching what was the right gun to buy for ctb.

Reactions: Deafsn0w
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Scouring for suicide methods, and this is basically the only site with information on how to do it.

R

ryla2090

Student
Feb 22, 2020
I was looking up hanging methods, and my search eventually led me here.

L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
Reddit back in 2015 I think.
It's sad what happened to that website, it's sad what's happening to the internet nowadays - everything has to be advertiser friendly and politically correct... I'm surprised this forum still exists.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, inactive, Abgrundanziehung and 1 other person
B

Blackjack999999

Aug 4, 2020
I was Googling suicide and I found this site

Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
I regularly research methods and was doing that when I found this. Didn't even occur to me that a place like this would exist. It was just a given to me that if you ever intend to end your suffering on your own terms, you're basically on your own. So this has been such a gift. Only took me lucky number 13 years to find.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Leshen
I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
That's a good question.

I was a frequent participator of r/SanctionedSuicide right up until the day it received that heartless permaban in March 2018. I remain heartbroken over it to this day and miss it dearly. Nothing wrong with this successor but the subreddit just had a certain je ne sais quoi to it. You know how sequels tend to pale in comparison.

Since the subreddit had significant overlap with r/antinatalism which I was also subscribed to, it was a piece of cake staying in the loop as to where everyone was regrouping.

Reactions: Skathon, Deafsn0w, Abgrundanziehung and 1 other person
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Most of the suicide forums I've been a part of are pro-life or pro-life pretending to be pro-choice. SS is the only one I've found which is pro-choice.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Abgrundanziehung
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
I was searching for ways to end my suffering

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I believe it was through another site after I was banned for asking for a good way to end my life and was referred to this site

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
From the subreddit suicide watch and also a google search for open talk about suicide. I swear you get banned anywhere else. This site is a godsent

I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
Ironically someone on a suicide survivor page posted this name, trying to get support to shut it down. I joined instead!

• Wow
Reactions: darkdoomhoney, searchingfreedom, EternalDarkness and 4 others
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
Was attempting a partial hanging and wasn't getting it right so I was looking up advice and ended up here. Makes it kinda funny, my join date was the last time I tried to CTB.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
May of 2019, went to search how to shoot my self in the head (first time I ever planned on suicide), found lostallhope then I found this place. I didn't become a registered user until several months later.

Deafsn0w

Deafsn0w

I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
I found this site when I searched how to hang myself. I was lurking on this site two months before joining the forum.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I remember that there was a Sanctioned Suicide page on reddit. Not long after I found it, it was removed. Google searched the name and found this place. Lurked for about a year before joining. Thank goodness this place doesn't censor talk about dying and ctb. Everywhere else is pro-life rhetoric bs and the same meaningless platitudes.

Reactions: Skathon
Fear191829218

Fear191829218

Jun 16, 2020
Failed a couple of times to kill myself, so a simple google search for sureshot ways to die brought me here.
Came for the information, stayed for the community ;)

fluffysuicidalbear

fluffysuicidalbear

Waiting for the bus to arrive.
Aug 1, 2020
I saw it mentioned on some reddit post, finding a site like this via google must be super hard. Glad I got lucky!

Reactions: lex
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i think i was just looking up 'how to commit suicide' and sorted through the bullshit to get here. lurked for one or three days, saw people actually talking and not just saying meaningless bullshit, and decided to join.

Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Depression/Anxiety -> Philosophical Pessimism -> Antinatalism -> SS

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Like many other people have answered, I found this site simply by Googling methods. I lurked for a couple days before joining because the nature of these discussions were fascinating to me.

Uzera

Uzera

Apr 11, 2020
I was looking for methods and found this after reading about the ash forums and r/sanctionedsuicide. I lurked for almost a year and then joined.

D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I was looking for how to hang myself but in an obscure, "asking for a friend" type of way. Somehow stumbled upon the resource megathread. Forgot about this for a bit but came back and because I want to reply to people I made an account.