• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i know this track is a bit in the wrong place here, but i can't stop myself to share it with you as i stumbled over it right now as a starting track in a dj set.
didn't hear this track in ages.

Reactions: Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
i know this track is a bit in the wrong place here, but i can't stop myself to share it with you as i stumbled over it right now as a starting track in a dj set.
didn't hear this track in ages.

Interesting choice of track to start a dj set off with, who's the dj set by if you don't mind me asking... And your welcome to post anything that you like here DocNo... Kraftwerk were a major influence on a hell of a lot of house and techno producers so it fits for sure!

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Interesting choice of track to start a dj set off with, who's the dj set by if you don't mind me asking... And your welcome to post anything that you like here DocNo... Kraftwerk were a major influence on a hell of a lot of house and techno producers so it fits for sure!

yes - cause they are one of the pioneers to electronic music i guess they have everywhere a place.

the set is from one of the solid steel radio shows from ninja tune which are more or less my main source of musical inspiration cause of the wide range of styles the covered over the last 2-3 decades.

• Love
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
yes - cause they are one of the pioneers to electronic music i guess they have everywhere a place.

the set is from one of the solid steel radio shows from ninja tune which are more or less my main source of musical inspiration cause of the wide range of styles the covered over the last 2-3 decades.

Its an excellent label... I don't know if you do any gaming but there's a video game called sleeping dogs, the soundtrack has a ninja tune radio show on it and it has some brilliant tracks on it. One of my favorite's is a track by bonobo. I'l try to find it and post it

Last edited:
Reactions: DocNo
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Its an excellent label... I don't know if you do any gaming but there's a video game called sleeping dogs, the soundtrack has a ninja tune radio show on it and it has some brilliant tracks on it. One of my favorite's is a track by bonobo. I'l try to find it and post it

lol - yeah - bonobo rings a bell.
a gaming soundtrack i liked is the endless space 2 soundtrack. has some nice tunes. sleeping dogs i never heard of.

checked bonobo. there is a mix from 2005 at solid steel.
one track was this one

and the four tet triggered instantly an amon tobin track which partly did lead me to ninja tune cause for some time i was listening to amon tobin a lot.

Last edited:
  • Love
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Here's the ninja tuna radio from sleeping dogs..

dive deeper into it tomorrow. being pretty knackered already and heading for bed soon.
but lots of familiar names in the track list. like for example emika. i love this track from her.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
dive deeper into it tomorrow. being pretty knackered already and heading for bed soon.
but lots of familiar names in the track list. like for example emika. i love this track from her.

took a closer listen to the soundtrack and funnily exactly this emika track was in the later part.
anyways.

from anti pop consortium i remember this track.

• Love
Reactions: Studio84 and Sherri
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
@DocNo thats why I will never want to grow old, that is what await us. A retirement house. From most of us at least.

yes. i also did see it with my grandparents. it's just an awful, dehumanising, undignified process.

that's also a reason why i don't like religion cause taking your own life when you feel the decline of yourself is so forbidden based on these old beliefs which are still deeply rooted in society. i also think that this did lead to this "safe lives at all costs" mentality in medicine.
but i guess at least there is now a bit of movement in it.

when i started to read a lot about suicide before i stumbled over this site i also found the blog from martin manley who comitted exactly on his 60th birthday and did document his thought process. i guess it is widely known in this community but maybe you don't know it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Studio84 and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
yes. i also did see it with my grandparents. it's just an awful, dehumanising, undignified process.

that's also a reason why i don't like religion cause taking your own life when you feel the decline of yourself is so forbidden based on these old beliefs which are still deeply rooted in society. i also think that this did lead to this "safe lives at all costs" mentality in medicine.
but i guess at least there is now a bit of movement in it.

when i started to read a lot about suicide before i stumbled over this site i also found the blog from martin manley who comitted exactly on his 60th birthday and did document his thought process. i guess it is widely known in this community but maybe you don't know it.

No I didn't know him. Going to read it. Thank you hun. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Studio84 and DocNo
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
@Sherri @DocNo you've posted some excellent music this morning... Especially the Moby track. Love that track, and the video is excellent! Hope your both well today.

• Hugs
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
and in terms of bond i also went nuts about looking for interpretations of the bond theme.

one of my favorites is this skatalites version which i maybe already posted elsewhere but whatever :D

• Love
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
i also liked mobys bond theme.
also listened for some time to the old 60ies and 70ies bond soundtracks. there are some fabulous tracks in it.

Its just turned afternoon @Sherri, and it's a horrible gloomy day here... The entire moby album is timeless, there's not a bad track on it. And wow DocNo I never realised moby did a bond theme... Thanks for sharing!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sherri and DocNo
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
and another track from my mums record collection.

Your mum had an amazing record collection from the sound of it... I see why you've got so much passion and knowledge for music.

• Hugs
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Your mum had an amazing record collection from the sound of it... I see why you've got so much passion and knowledge for music.

edit: living with a depressed mum had a lot of downsides but at least the soundtrack was good ^^

yeah she also was for some time in a relationship with a crazy jazzrock musician who just lived for his music and played in smoky jazz clubs just to make music. music always came before money. jammed with guys who also jammed with miles davis and others. sitting as a greenhorn teenager at the age of 15 and later in this clubs and listening to his music had for sure a big impact one my music taste.

he also covered for some time this track which i love very much. and this track is also a good example how cool live can be cause the studio version of this track feels like dead fish :D

Last edited:
  • Love
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
edit: living with a depressed mum had a lot of downsides but at least the soundtrack was good ^^

yeah she also was for some time in a relationship with a crazy jazzrock musician who just lived for his music and played in smoky jazz clubs just to make music. music always came before money. jammed with guys who also jammed with miles davis and others. sitting as a greenhorn teenager at the age of 15 and later in this clubs and listening to his music had for sure a big impact one my music taste.

he also covered for some time this track which i love very much. and this track is also a good example how cool live can be cause the studio version of this track feels like dead fish :D

Sorry to hear your mum suffered from depression, must of been tough to deal with as a kid...i can definitely see how your musical tastes have been shaped, growing up around a musician like that.

As you said before about J dilla, it's sometimes the imperfections that gives the music more groove and warmth and feeling. I love quite a bit of the jazz/funk fusion stuff myself. Here's one of my favorites...

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Sorry to hear your mum suffered from depression, must of been tough to deal with as a kid...i can definitely see how your musical tastes have been shaped, growing up around a musician like that.

As you said before about J dilla, it's sometimes the imperfections that gives the music more groove and warmth and feeling. I love quite a bit of the jazz/funk fusion stuff myself. Here's one of my favorites...

yeah this jazz groove stuff with funk and soul mixed always has a good smooth warming vibe.

in terms of jazz and funk i also stumbled long time ago over this john klemmer track which is just a joy to hear.
and i am also a big fan of hiromi uehara who is a badass on the piano. the trio performances of her i discovered only some months ago and couldn't listen to them often enough. that is sometimes out of this world shit. and its not only the music also the passion and joy you see while they are playing.
and also last summer i went deep into miles davis territory - but yeah - thats a whole different thread :D

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Different from the jazz/funk that's been posted , I don't usually like this band. They normally do punk funk type stuff but I love the disco vibes and the vocals on this track