• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Yup also on my iPod ;)
@Studio84 this is my favourite song from Massive A. The video is so sad, guess many of us can relate.

This one might be a bit too chilled out for your iPod but I find it really nice to chill with. Lazy Sunday afternoon with a cup of coffee and this on :)

Edit @Sherri only just seen your other post, and yes I can definitely relate to that video. :(

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DocNo
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
This one might be a bit too chilled out for your iPod but I find it really nice to chill with. Lazy Sunday afternoon with a cup of coffee and this on :)

Edit @Sherri only just seen your other post, and yes I can definitely relate to that video. :(

Yeah that's a sad video and song, the one you posted is also on my iPod :blarg:. My iPod I always listen to it on shuffle, so it's a roller coaster of emotions ups and downs in terms of songs.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo and Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Yeah that's a sad video and song, the one you posted is also on my iPod :blarg:. My iPod I always listen to it on shuffle, so it's a roller coaster of emotions ups and downs in terms of songs.
That's a good way to do it..
omg - i missed the massive attack posts :D

@DocNo you were a bit late to the party but you got here eventually :) Do you like the early Tricky and Portishead stuff too? They were all from Bristol in the uk and were kind of a sound collective in the early days.

• Hugs
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
That's a good way to do it..

@DocNo you were a bit late to the party but you got here eventually :) Do you like the early Tricky and Portishead stuff too? They were all from Bristol in the uk and were kind of a sound collective in the early days.

tricky not so much but i adore portishead. one of my first videos which i downloaded from the web before youtube existed was this one.

• Love
Reactions: Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
I only really like this Tricky track... Its basically a glory box remix... Really strange video also

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Really love this boiler room mix.. The second track he plays is deadly!

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
cause its running right now in my playlist - time for some stoner sound ^^

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
in terms of strong female voices i stumbled over eartha kitt a few months ago.
alone her facial expressions in this video are gold.

I've got to be honest I've not really listened to much of her work, but your right she's certainly a strong female vocalist, very unique voice and character for sure. I didn't know till now that this track sampled her..

And completely different style but I also really love this track that sampled her....

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
I've got to be honest I've not really listened to much of her work, but your right she's certainly a strong female vocalist, very unique voice and character for sure. I didn't know till now that this track sampled her..

And completely different style but I also really love this track that sampled her....

love the image of the second track :D

another female voice which i came across the same time as eartha kitt was julie london.

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
love the image of the second track :D

another female voice which i came across the same time as eartha kitt was julie london.

I'd not heard of her before @DocNo

Ive just listened to a few of her songs and I really liked this one

• Hugs
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
this version which i know from sinatra is also very nice.

That was one of the ones I've just listened to. And also this. I've heard it before but not sure if this is also a cover version? I'l be honest my knowledge of jazz is very limited!

• Love
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
That was one of the ones I've just listened to. And also this. I've heard it before but not sure if this is also a cover version? I'l be honest my knowledge of jazz is very limited!

yeah - love that also very much.

a younger female voice i like very much is this. don't get scared away by the shitty graphic intro but i like this version more than the studio version cause she plays more with here voice here.