• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
@@sherri don't know if you'll like this but it's one of tracy thorns solo songs

i was never deep into house back then. i was more into jungle, drum n bass and dub. but we knew a lot of people who made this house parties so it was always nice to chill out there.
I was myself in the early days, but I used to like the more chilled drum and bass, what they used to call "liquid" Drum and bass. It was a bit more on the jazzy side. Ltj bukem and a label called good looking records.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
That's the beauty of music. It has the power to change your mood, shape your life, it can evoke memories(good&bad)

i wish it could change my mood. for me it often has the effect that music which kicks my azz and makes me feel one day, feels like dead fish on the other day cause i am then emotionally so numb that everything is just a grey nothing.

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
i wish it could change my mood. for me it often has the effect that music which kicks my azz and makes me feel one day, feels like dead fish on the other day cause i am then emotionally so numb that everything is just a grey nothing.
It doesn't change my mood much these days either but it used to do. For me though it's more because I'm in physical pain rather than emotional pain. I understand the grey nothing thing though, that's a pretty perfect way to describe it. Sorry to hear you struggle like that DocNo. Hope you one day find a solution too it all :heart:

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
It doesn't change my mood much these days either but it used to do. For me though it's more because I'm in physical pain rather than emotional pain. I understand the grey nothing thing though, that's a pretty perfect way to describe it. Sorry to hear you struggle like that DocNo. Hope you one day find a solution too it all :heart:

i guess i am a hopeless case ^^

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
We all are, we take it day by day I guess...

yeah - at least i guess i learned that here - to have some trust and see what the next day brings. and that some things which seem at the moment like a mountain which is impossible to pass are not always that big.

so yeah - thanx for listening to all of you.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
yeah - at least i guess i learned that here - to have some trust and see what the next day brings. and that some things which seem at the moment like a mountain which is impossible to pass are not always that big.

so yeah - thanx for listening to all of you.
You're welcome. I always like listing to you, I see my life as an AA recovery person. One day at a time. I'm not AA. But that's what they do I guess, :hug: :heart:

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
one interesting thing i found is this melody line which seems to be often used from different artists for their tracks.
at least for me it sounds very familiar and i think i heard a lot of interpretations of it over time.

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
one interesting thing i found is this melody line which seems to be often used from different artists for their tracks.
at least for me it sounds very familiar and i think i heard a lot of interpretations of it over time.

Maybe because a lot of house music is made by people who are not "classically" trained in music theory? Most start off making stuff in there bedrooms. I used to love the get physical label... Booka Shade and M. A. N. D. Y but if I'm completely honest I found a lot of that stuff sounded quite "samey" after a while.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
so then one final classic for today - with a video which still makes me smile after all that time.

Reactions: Studio84
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
@Studio84

btw. bit offtopic but i did see yesterday "black snake moan" - and even dreamed about it. in the dream christina ricci did cut off the dick of the asshole guy who punched her in the car. :D

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
@Studio84

btw. bit offtopic but i did see yesterday "black snake moan" - and even dreamed about it. in the dream christina ricci did cut off the dick of the asshole guy who punched her in the car. :D
Good to hear you finally got round to watching it... Hope you enjoyed it. I thought it was really good. Completely took me by suprise when I first saw it. Going off the title and the artwork I was expecting it to just be like a "blacksploitation" type film with loads of sex scenes but its really nothing like that. I think I might have mentioned before but Samuel l jackson rates that as his best performance.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Good to hear you finally got round to watching it... Hope you enjoyed it. I thought it was really good. Completely took me by suprise when I first saw it. Going off the title and the artwork I was expecting it to just be like a "blacksploitation" type film with loads of sex scenes but its really nothing like that. I think I might have mentioned before but Samuel l jackson rates that as his best performance.

yeah. i enjoyed it. in terms of production design it suggests for sure something else. and i remember you mentioning that about samuel l. jackson in the celeb game. he for sure carries the movie. and as much i love christina ricci - here i am not entirely convinced about her performance.

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
yeah. i enjoyed it. in terms of production design it suggests for sure something else. and i remember you mentioning that about samuel l. jackson in the celeb game. he for sure carries the movie. and as much i love christina ricci - here i am not entirely convinced about her performance.
I've not seen enough films starring her to judge really, black snake moan and a really old indie movie called buffalo 66 many many years ago... But yes definitely agree he carries it.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
I've not seen enough films starring her to judge really, black snake moan and a really old indie movie called buffalo 66 many many years ago... But yes definitely agree he carries it.

buffalo 66 - what a weird movie - but too long ago and maybe too stoned back then to remember lot of it ^^

Reactions: Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
buffalo 66 - what a weird movie - but too long ago and maybe too stoned back then to remember lot of it ^^
I don't remember much of it myself. Vincent Gallo's a strange guy any way. One of my old friends loved him and recommended Buffalo 66 and another of his films called the brown bunny.... Couldn't get into either of them if I'm completely honest!

Reactions: DocNo
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
I don't remember much of it myself. Vincent Gallo's a strange guy any way. One of my old friends loved him and recommended Buffalo 66 and another of his films called the brown bunny.... Couldn't get into either of them if I'm completely honest!

yeah - me neither. did only see buffalo 66 from gallo as far as i remember.