• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
I really like the movie. Found it in a sale bin. I've seen a couple docs on YouTube that were good. I'm guessing you're name Studio84 is from that?
Anyway, I thought I would add the actual video & some mixes.:smiling::heart::smiling::heart:

Yeah my user name is partly based on studio 54, the 84 is just because I like The book 1984 so I kinda just mashed them together ha! It is a pretty decent movie. I like watching anything like this though. Love watching any documentary about this kind of music or the early days of house music and the clubs that started it all off... Studio 54, The Paradise garage, The warehouse, The loft.Wish I could of been there and witnessed it all myself :smiling:

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Yeah my user name is partly based on studio 54, the 84 is just because I like The book 1984 so I kinda just mashed them together ha! It is a pretty decent movie. I like watching anything like this though. Love watching any documentary about this kind of music or the early days of house music and the clubs that started it all off... Studio 54, The Paradise garage, The warehouse, The loft.Wish I could of been there and witnessed it all myself :smiling:
I wasn't around for it either. Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated by it. I haven't watched them on YouTube in a few years. Mark Benecke was in one of them & mentioned a song called Souvenirs so I found it on YouTube.
I really like it.

Voyage-Souvenirs :heart: :heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Love
Reactions: Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
I wasn't around for it either. Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated by it. I haven't watched them on YouTube in a few years. Mark Benecke was in one of them & mentioned a song called Souvenirs so I found it on YouTube.
I really like it.

Voyage-Souvenirs :heart: :heart::heart::heart::heart:

I was fortunate enough to see house kick off in the uk and it totally changed all my musical tastes and saw what an impact it had on people so I think that's why it fascinates me... I imagine it was like what I saw times a thousand back then! I've not heard voyage before but I really like it thank you for sharing! Do you like much of the French stuff like cerrone?

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I was fortunate enough to see house kick off in the uk and it totally changed all my musical tastes and saw what an impact it had on people so I think that's why it fascinates me... I imagine it was like what I saw times a thousand back then! I've not heard voyage before but I really like it thank you for sharing! Do you like much of the French stuff like cerrone?
French music not much, I do like Grace Jones. Do you like her?

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Always great to hear from you too :hug:

I've not long since woken up so I'm still trying get my ass in gear! Sounds good.. It reminds me of Alexander o'neal.
French music not much, I do like Grace Jones. Do you like her?
Yeah bumper to bumpers quality! The videos not-2-b-the-answer posted above are French disco... Check out the middle video it's got soul train dancers on it. You might like it?

Last edited:
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I've not long since woken up so I'm still trying get my ass in gear! Sounds good.. It reminds me of Alexander o'neal.
The only modern singer I like these days is Ariana Grande, I used to be a Mariah Carey fan, they nearly had the same voice. Don't like her videos though, too sexual for a girl her age.

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
@Sherri Yeah I agree, it's pretty wrong all this miley cyrus twerking all over the place and that shit.I watched loads of stuff about pedophilia going on hollywood and it's real shady.

• Wow
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yeah I agree, it's pretty wrong all this miley cyrus twerking all over the place and that shit.I watched loads of stuff about pedophilia going on hollywood and it's real shady.
Yeah I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber, but he created a song full of subtle message about pedophilia in Hollywood. It's called yummy. Guess he broke up with the Illuminati.

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Nice little re edit/remix of an old Chaka Khan song called Stop on by
Loving this guy at the moment

How about some house music? This is an okay mix but I really like the simplicity of this part with the 2 lazy trumpets coming in later.

Its a nice mix... Love the track around 20 odd mins in with the funky wah wah guitar on it, and the track around 30 odd mins in. They put out some good stuff on that naked music label. My first post on here has a naked music remix of marvin gaye I want you thats pretty good.

Last edited:
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I've heard the name & maybe listened to something on YouTube but right now I can't remember any songs without looking them up.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
in terms of house i remembered this classic always being played at one monthly party which was big in my city back in the days.
it was somehow the hymn of the party.

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Hey @Sherri ha that bombfunk mc's tune reminds me of a holiday I had in tenerife in the early 2000's.It was being played everywhere all the time I was there. Love the everything but the girl song. It was massive in the uk when it came out.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Hey @Sherri ha that bombfunk mc's tune reminds me of a holiday I had in tenerife in the early 2000's.It was being played everywhere all the time I was there. Love the everything but the girl song. It was massive in the uk when it came out.

yeah the freestyler tune was really like an epidemic :D was played everyfu**inwhere.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
@Studio84 glad you liked, was a bit in a doubt your would like it :hihi:

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
in terms of house i remembered this classic always being played at one monthly party which was big in my city back in the days.
it was somehow the hymn of the party.

The bucketheads are quality DocNo. There album is well worth checking out "all in the mind" There's not a bad track on there

@Sherri the everything but the girl track is lovely just like @DocNo says. I love the singer, I had one of her solo albums that had some really nice tunes on. Tracy Thorn her name is.And her husband Ben Watt started making house tracks and dj'ing not long after they made this. I'l post something of his aswell see if you like it.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
The bucketheads are quality DocNo. There album is well worth checking out "all in the mind" There's not a bad track on there

@Sherri the everything but the girl track is lovely just like @DocNo says. I love the singer, I had one of her solo albums that had some really nice tunes on. Tracy Thorn her name is.And her husband Ben Watt started making house tracks and dj'ing not long after they made this. I'l post something of his aswell see if you like it.

i was never deep into house back then. i was more into jungle, drum n bass and dub. but we knew a lot of people who made this house parties so it was always nice to chill out there.