• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sounds like a strange ad campaign. Jokes aside, I'd recommend making mind-maps and clearly stating exactly what you're afraid of.

Bergamot

Bergamot

Sorry babe i love you..
Jan 25, 2021
For insomnia, try to go to your doctor and take some medicine I know how difficult it can be to stop, alternatively there are natural remedies such as Valerian which, in addition to relaxing and making you sleep, also helps with anxiety and depression. For the film try to see another maybe more funny or comic one too happened to me such an episode to yours

И

исчезающий

Aug 24, 2020
Parece uma estranha campanha publicitária. Piadas à parte, eu recomendo fazer mapas mentais e declarar claramente exatamente do que você tem medo.
Eu deveria estar dormindo ... mas falando grosso modo, seria de tudo, desde o ambiente em que se passa, às cenas horríveis de extrema violência ....
Para a insônia, procure ir ao seu médico e tome um remédio eu sei como pode ser difícil parar, como alternativa existem remédios naturais como a valeriana que, além de relaxar e fazer dormir, também ajuda no combate à ansiedade e à depressão. Para o filme tente ver outro talvez mais engraçado ou cômico também me aconteceu um episódio como o seu
Imaginei que assistir a um filme poderia me causar tantos problemas financeiros até :-(

Last edited:
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
good folks, it's been two weeks since i can't sleep properly because of a horror movie i watched ... anyway, i'm trying insomnia and panic attacks, how can i end this?
In my experience, simply having repeatedly told myself that death is natural fixed my fear of them permanently. I used to be haunted as a child by both the headless horseman, and that stupid tooth fairy one, unable to sleep for fear of them coming to kill me, but then I sat down and simply thought about it. What's the least worst thing a monster can do? Kill you, it's not like they're causing unbearable pain through torture, unending agony etc. Just a little bit of pain, a little bit of fear and then you're free. This mindset not only cured my fear but has since caused me to love horror films. Kinda ironic.

И

исчезающий

Aug 24, 2020
In my experience, simply having repeatedly told myself that death is natural fixed my fear of them permanently. I used to be haunted as a child by both the headless horseman, and that stupid tooth fairy one, unable to sleep for fear of them coming to kill me, but then I sat down and simply thought about it. What's the least worst thing a monster can do? Kill you, it's not like they're causing unbearable pain through torture, unending agony etc. Just a little bit of pain, a little bit of fear and then you're free. This mindset not only cured my fear but has since caused me to love horror films. Kinda ironic.
love horror movies? haha never, but thanks for the tip
I have the opposite problem. Where do I find a horror movie that's actually scary?
so many good and fun movies out there, why do you want to see a movie that causes discomfort young man? (and by the way, I'm not going to tell you the movie I watched because I don't even want to remember it)

Last edited:
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
good folks, it's been two weeks since i can't sleep properly because of a horror movie i watched ... anyway, i'm trying insomnia and panic attacks, how can i end this?

insomnia's totally underrated.
verging on fun - you get to pretend the rest of the planet's dead :: create behaviour rituals (bath / meditate / music / pray* etc)
* if you don't pray / atheist say positive affirmations - get worries. out your head.
try not to fight it - it will be harder to vanquish..
you will tell your body to gear down to sleep through behaviour modification.
:: &for that sound advice - please give me the name of your horror movie?
am hooked on them. tx

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Google the film and cast see what they are doing now, they have moved on so you should, read the reviews, feel free to tell us the name, I love horrors,

Don't watch Hostel or Bloody Mary, lol

Cheers

Geo

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Oh my god, I thought I was the only one! I literally subscribe to YouTube Premium specifically because I kept getting horror movie ads. For me it gets bad enough that even the ads themselves will keep me up all night and destroy my sleep pattern.

Even just the thought of anything horror related has me genuinely terrified. I think it's because I can't help inserting myself directly into the characters' perspectives. Even when it comes to the goofier horror movies I can't deal with them because I'd still be terrified imagining them jump scaring me in real life. I know it's an irrational fear but if i was really in a horror movie, wouldn't I still be a potential victim?

I'm not even scared of these things killing me. Just the imagery alone is enough to have me metaphorically pissing my pants and sometimes actually pissing my pants.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Oh my god, I thought I was the only one! I literally subscribe to YouTube Premium specifically because I kept getting horror movie ads. For me it gets bad enough that even the ads themselves will keep me up all night and destroy my sleep pattern.
Wish they had that for theaters, the commercials there can be nightmare fuel too

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I have no problem watching the most vile kind of horrors. However, "American Psycho", the novel, actually made me sick. The only time in my life I had to stop reading/watching something cause I couldn't take it. Even before the killing started, something about the repetitivness of Bateman's remarks, the bland language made me tense and uneasy. And then he gauged out a homeless guy's eyes. Never closed a book faster.

Reactions: TriggerHappy
И

исчезающий

Aug 24, 2020

Even just the thought of anything horror related has me genuinely terrified. I think it's because I can't help inserting myself directly into the characters' perspectives. Even when it comes to the goofier horror movies I can't deal with them because I'd still be terrified imagining them jump scaring me in real life. I know it's an irrational fear but if i was really in a horror movie, wouldn't I still be a potential victim?

I'm not even scared of these things killing me. Just the imagery alone is enough to have me metaphorically pissing my pants and sometimes actually pissing my pants.
I feel exactly that too (since I was a child)
I have no problem watching the most vile kind of horrors. However, "American Psycho", the novel, actually made me sick. The only time in my life I had to stop reading/watching something cause I couldn't take it. Even before the killing started, something about the repetitivness of Bateman's remarks, the bland language made me tense and uneasy. And then he gauged out a homeless guy's eyes. Never closed a book faster.
my god, I ask for help to forget and you give me details of other bizarre? hahahaha
Google the film and cast see what they are doing now, they have moved on so you should, read the reviews, feel free to tell us the name, I love horrors,

Don't watch Hostel or Bloody Mary, lol

Cheers

Geo
I don't want to remember the name of that movie hahaha (seriously)
insomnia's totally underrated.
verging on fun - you get to pretend the rest of the planet's dead :: create behaviour rituals (bath / meditate / music / pray* etc)
* if you don't pray / atheist say positive affirmations - get worries. out your head.
try not to fight it - it will be harder to vanquish..
you will tell your body to gear down to sleep through behaviour modification.
:: &for that sound advice - please give me the name of your horror movie?
am hooked on them. tx
I do not want to remember any details of this film :-\ (Sorry)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If you wanna stop dreaming about something, reading about lucid dreams can help.
I used to have nightmares about high school and then I read about lucid dreams and started to dream about things I wanted. For example, playing with my dog in a park. You just gotta be 100% focused.

Now, I've lost that ability because I've stopped thinking about it and just have random dreams. I even dreamt of SS once lol.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If you wanna stop dreaming about something, reading about lucid dreams can help.
I used to have nightmares about high school and then I read about lucid dreams and started to dream about things I wanted. For example, playing with my dog in a park. You just gotta be 100% focused.

Now, I've lost that ability because I've stopped thinking about it and just have random dreams. I even dreamt of SS once lol.
The one time I accidentally stumbled onto a lucid dream, I actually made things worse for myself than some nightmares......

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The one time I accidentally stumbled onto a lucid dream, I actually made things worse for myself than some nightmares......
lol! I messed things up more than once too.
For instance, I realized I was dreaming and then every thing I thought of became real. It was too much information to process! haha

• Hugs
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
The thing that kills a horror movie for me is the fandumb of it. I love the Halloween movie series(even the awful ones) but the fandumb on tumblr is just.....so cringe. Too many fangirls.

Something about trying to humanize horror characters who have no redeeming qualities irk me. So maybe try to humanize the horror villain so they become less scary.

I have the opposite problem. Where do I find a horror movie that's actually scary?
lmao i feel this on so many levels. Now I'm just watching horror movies for either the interesting plot, aesthetic, or shock value. I envy those who actually get scared watching horror. Haven't felt that since I was 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panna
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
"A Nightmare on Elm street" is probably the scariest film I've watched. (And I don't know why this has appeared above the quote instead of below)