• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Hi everyone,
I just realized how heat is extremely bad for mental health. I've had many mental problems, I knew heat is a bad thing but thought it was minor thing. However, actually, it is very bad. When the brain temperature gets high, the chemistry gets messed up and destabilization can happen. Some symptoms can get intensified.

If you can cool yourself, it might not a solution but a way to control. Controlled depression/anhedonia/any mental problem is better than uncontrolled one.
You can notice also how heat causes many problems in other aspects of life.

If there is anyway to cool the brain it would be a great thing to do but I don't know how. For example, I drank cold water and noticed how it makes thing better slightly (at the moment of drinking).

13+ years of mental problems and I keep analyzing myself. I think I get the moments when my brain feels hot or have some pain.

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Thanks I didn't know that.
This observation correlates with what I've experienced this summer. I just didn't realize that air temperature plays such an important role.

Do you have more tips?

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Thanks I didn't know that.
This observation correlates with what I've experienced this summer. I just didn't realize that air temperature plays such an important role.

Do you have more tips?

I'm still searching for a solution that is not meds. I clearly feel the lack of chemicals or them being a mess in my brain.

I don't know much other than physically cooling (cold air conditioning, drinking cold stuff, putting head in cold water or putting ice). But the problem it is external while brain is need internal cooling, not that it doesn't help but not enough.

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

Jul 26, 2019
yepp that is why all the crazy people are in california!

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Hi everyone,
I just realized how heat is extremely bad for mental health. I've had many mental problems, I knew heat is a bad thing but thought it was minor thing. However, actually, it is very bad. When the brain temperature gets high, the chemistry gets messed up and destabilization can happen. Some symptoms can get intensified.

If you can cool yourself, it might not a solution but a way to control. Controlled depression/anhedonia/any mental problem is better than uncontrolled one.
You can notice also how heat causes many problems in other aspects of life.

If there is anyway to cool the brain it would be a great thing to do but I don't know how. For example, I drank cold water and noticed how it makes thing better slightly (at the moment of drinking).

13+ years of mental problems and I keep analyzing myself. I think I get the moments when my brain feels hot or have some pain.
heat is just idk. i like warm weather, and the cold and winter weather, where i could just be cozy in hoodies and sweats. summers when im the most depressed honestly and it being so hot just gives me a reason not to go outside and be even more depressed.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
heat is just idk. i like warm weather, and the cold and winter weather, where i could just be cozy in hoodies and sweats. summers when im the most depressed honestly and it being so hot just gives me a reason not to go outside and be even more depressed.

This is not about warm ones but extreme heat. Brain needs cooling and different than the rest of the body, if the overheating reaches the brain, it makes mental problems worse.

Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
That makes alot of sense, when uk had that heat wave few weeks ago. I felt alot worse.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
This is not about warm ones but extreme heat. Brain needs cooling and different than the rest of the body, if the overheating reaches the brain, it makes mental problems worse.
I know, toronto has extreme heat waves at times during the summer which i cant go out, let alone function in. which is why i said id 10000 times prefer anything but extreme heat like warm weather and winter weather.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Can confirm that heat is a reason or at least a trigger to some mental problems, specially anhendonia. Not that every mental problem is caused by heat but heat and brain overheating is one of the big reasons for instability and problems. Body parts also specially chest area can play a role if heated (idk if its skin or the whole area) also but not as much as the brain (because brain is what sends signals to those).

I just want to help by giving information and observations from my long years of suffering.