• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
No, I don't think life is some amazing blessing - life is HARD.

I have a decent life but if I had the choice of non-existence or life, I guess I would have chosen to live for the experience itself but only if I was guaranteed at least half my life to be full of joy

But you can't guarantee that at all

I would really struggle with my mental health if I was to bring a child into the world and see that child suffering for any reason- esp disability etc

I don't know if it's fair to bring life into the world when you can't guarantee the quality of life when the other person has no easy way out either should life get really hard for them and never come to life on their own choice

There are so many things that can cause suffering - someone might be lucky and only go through a few of them, but how can you tell for certain? They can suffer from mental health problems, physical problems, being bullied, financial problems, going through the death of parents, cancer etc... You might say well they can still enjoy life, but how can you tell in advance? It's still a gamble with someone else's life.

There are far more bad things than good things in the world, the bad things are much worse than the good things are good and the bad things are basically guaranteed (disease, aging, sadness, mourning) whereas the good things elude many people forever. I don't want to inflict this awful existence on something, especially considering that it didn't even ask for it

all living things wear down and die

Last edited:
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Completely agree, and you put this so eloquently:
There are far more bad things than good things in the world, the bad things are much worse than the good things are good and the bad things are basically guaranteed (disease, aging, sadness, mourning) whereas the good things elude many people forever.

AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
I always just feel worse for all the kids that will be born within the future. The world is only getting worse, and people still treat it as some sort of miracle to bring more unsuspecting children into it. Poor things.

<3

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I always just feel worse for all the kids that will be born within the future. The world is only getting worse, and people still treat it as some sort of miracle to bring more unsuspecting children into it. Poor things.

<3
I get kind of mad when I see really young kids because of the statistics on youth mental health these days...like have the parents just not seen them? Even if you're largely pro-life, I don't know how you can look at that and then decide that bringing a child into this world would be doing good.

Reactions: divinemistress36
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Life in itself is a multi-faceted dimensional experience that may or may not include reproduction. As with EVRYTHING always there is no right or wrong or anything answer to ALL of the probable questions that are or will ever arise in a fluid existence.

For me, the aspect of reproduction never came up, however if the right situation, female, financial, housing, etc. was there I would have had 1 or 2 children max.

I am a very firm believer in the future of everything everywhere, just not on this rotating rock is always going to be in flux so to say no or yes to reproduction just on this planet, means little to nothing in the general overall scope of a very flexible/fluid existence.

Walter

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
Well, life WOULD be a blessing if it didn't have pain and suffering. It's like a pet cat. It's wonderful, UNLESS it starts scratching you, attacking you and bringing all kinds of trouble. Then it's no longer a blessing.

smvrtsa

smvrtsa

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
The bone that I have to pick with it is that you're taking away someone's right to consent
This x 100000. Until there's some magical way to predict if a baby wants to exist or not, birth is just inherently unethical. Statistically, your (you in general, not you specifically haha) offspring is more likely to suffer and live a miserable life than even be remotely happy. Yet, you would rather drag this existence out of the safe, happy, void, kicking and screaming onto this hell of an earth, because your balls were itching? You couldn't stand the thought of dying without doing something important so you decided to reproduce and make it your child's problem? Holy shit. Even if hypothetically my life was amazing, I would still be this suicidal, simply because I didn't consent to this. We're all "me too" and "no means no" until you're faced with the uncomfortable reality that for some people that means death. And people have their thumbs too far up their asses to realize that hey just because you're uncomfortable with death doesn't mean some people deserve that freedom.

edit: wait LOL i just saw who I was replying to haha who's ur bias 🤭

Reactions: 4am and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
This x 100000. Until there's some magical way to predict if a baby wants to exist or not, birth is just inherently unethical. Statistically, your (you in general, not you specifically haha) offspring is more likely to suffer and live a miserable life than even be remotely happy. Yet, you would rather drag this existence out of the safe, happy, void, kicking and screaming onto this hell of an earth, because your balls were itching? You couldn't stand the thought of dying without doing something important so you decided to reproduce and make it your child's problem? Holy shit. Even if hypothetically my life was amazing, I would still be this suicidal, simply because I didn't consent to this. We're all "me too" and "no means no" until you're faced with the uncomfortable reality that for some people that means death. And people have their thumbs too far up their asses to realize that hey just because you're uncomfortable with death doesn't mean some people deserve that freedom.

edit: wait LOL i just saw who I was replying to haha who's ur bias 🤭
I like Yunjin. I'm more of a boy group stan though. I ult SKZ and my biases are Hyunjin and Minho. I also like Enhypen. My bias is Ni-ki and my bias wreckers are Sunghoon and Jungwon. Wbu?

smvrtsa

smvrtsa

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019

I like Yunjin. I'm more of a boy group stan though. I ult SKZ and my biases are Hyunjin and Minho. I also like Enhypen. My bias is Ni-ki and my bias wreckers are Sunghoon and Jungwon. Wbu?
chaewon my princess 👑 fr fr
i love all hybe groups tbh but it's a hard time to be a nwjns fan 🤧 other than that i listen to whatever comes up on spotify radio haha

Reactions: sserafim
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Completely agree. It's why I don't feel bad for my father anymore. I resent him for staying with a woman who made it known that she was abusive and having a kid with her -- full well KNOWING that depression runs in his side of the fucking family. So unbelievably selfish. I used to worry about making him grieve when I die, but he had this coming. Maybe you should've seen it coming that your kid would off themselves if you give them an abusive mother and a genetic likelihood for developing depression.

Reactions: sserafim
Papa Shinai

Papa Shinai

Feb 2, 2024
I never understand how people pump babies into this hellhole. Those who are not born won't lose anything for missing this cruel and torturous existence. I am glad I'm not bringing any children into this gruesome experience called life. I feel awful when other people show their newborns thinking they achieved something. Procreating is the worst feature of human beings. Also I do not want to carry the responsibility of having a 0 level dependent character that knows nothing about life. I have lived this so far, so why need to create a new one from scratch? It makes no sense.

Reactions: 4am and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
chaewon my princess 👑 fr fr
i love all hybe groups tbh but it's a hard time to be a nwjns fan 🤧 other than that i listen to whatever comes up on spotify radio haha
I've been out of the kpop loop so I just Googled it and I guess it's proof of the Hybe GG curse 👀 hopefully it doesn't end up like the Fifty Fifty fiasco. I'm not that into NewJeans, but I like Haerin. Who are your biases btw?