• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
The lethal dosage is actually 1g to 2.6g so I also dont know how he survived

6g is an avg. lethal dose for an avg human being. That doesn't mean that everyone dies ingesting this amount there are also many other factors like general health, body strength and so on. A human body can resist attacks against health and life more than people may expect.

SN is a strong poison but the process of dying itself takes several hours even after becoming unconscious. Don't underestimate self-healing power of the body eben when being unconscious.

That's why it is important to follow the protocols to reduce failure risks as much as possible.
Lethal doses are usually quoted in terms of weight (mg) per body weight (kg) for some proportion of a population (and for some duration ...I think).
e.g.
Interesting info about the toxicity of SN (Wikipedia)

LD_50 = 180 mg/kg for rats suggests 180 mg/kg would kill 50% of a rat population (not sure what the duration would be or if it's meant to be implicit?)

8g is way less than the recommended 20-25g!
Pretty sure this recommendation comes from Stan's guide. It says they assessed the lethal dose to be 100 mg/kg with no additional context or explanation (though they reference the PPH) and then what I think they did is just double it assuming 100kg for small individuals and more for larger... Not saying whether it's right or wrong exactly, just pointing out it's one person's perspective.

In practice it's always going to be some balancing act between being lethal enough and not making you vomit ...and there's probably never going to be well-designed experiments on this...

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and heavyeyes
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Lethal doses are usually quoted in terms of weight (mg) per body weight (kg) for some proportion of a population (and for some duration ...I think).
e.g.
LD_50 = 180 mg/kg for rats suggests 180 mg/kg would kill 50% of a rat population (not sure what the duration would be or if it's meant to be implicit?)
... and if you read the following words after the LD_50 rats you would have seen "and in humans LDLo​ is 71 mg/kg.[37] " in the Wikipedia article. which is mentioned there as the Lowest lethal dose for humans.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes and ChronicallyCynical
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
... and if you read the following words after the LD_50 rats you would have seen "and in humans LDLo​ is 71 mg/kg.[37] " in the Wikipedia article. which is mentioned there as the Lowest lethal dose for humans.
Yes but that's assuming no vomiting . If u vomit up half the sn ? If u take 8 grams then it's like 4

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Yes but that's assuming no vomiting . If u vomit up half the sn ? If u take 8 grams then it's like 4
Without exact analysis of the vomit and the blood it's impossible to make final conclusions and also other factors have to be taken into account, like strong/weak health, how fast is it metabolized and many other individual factors.

Reactions: heavyeyes
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
I'm really confused as to how some SN stayed in my stomach.. I was dry heaving by the end of it so I couldn't get any more things out of me but some SN stayed.. strange..
I don't think it's possible to vomit every drop of what's inside the stomach, the contractions aren't enough for the small amount of liquid down there come up.

Reactions: heavyeyes, Meditation guide and アホペンギン
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I don't think it's possible to vomit every drop of what's inside the stomach, the contractions aren't enough for the small amount of liquid down there come up.
I have dry heaved with nothing in my stomach left to come up and it's not fun. It's the nerves around the stomach are triggered and out of control. It's painful and exhausting.
8g is probably not enough hmm..
But Penguin drank all together 100g and surprisingly survived though 🤔
Who is Penguin?

Last edited:
Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I have dry heaved with nothing in my stomach left to come up and it's not fun. It's the nerves around the stomach are triggered and out of control. It's painful and exhausting.

Who is Penguin?
アホペンギン

• Informative
Reactions: Meditation guide and heavyeyes
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
LD_Lo is the lowest lethal dosage we know of, I don't think it's fair to use that to get "average lethal dose", they could've been 1 person out of 100s.

Reactions: heavyeyes and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
LD_Lo is the lowest lethal dosage we know of, I don't think it's fair to use that to get "average lethal dose", they could've been 1 person out of 100s.
Yes you are right. I should have double checked when I said "avg." My mistake.

P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
This is from an NIH paper I found interesting:

(23 year old male) presented to the emergency department via emergency medical services (EMS) after intentional overdose. Patient reported ingesting 2 teaspoons of sodium nitrite he obtained from (name of store deleted ) (6 hours before presentation in an attempt to end his life.

The patient reported losing consciousness after ingestion and waking up in his own vomit and feces. He felt confused and called EMS. In the emergency department, the patient acknowledged nausea, vomiting, and bowel incontinence. He complained of severe diffuse abdominal pain that was 8/10 in severity.

Two things stand out for me about this. 1. He was unconscious for about 6 hours then woke up. and 2. He had a very severe stomach pain.

Two teaspoons is about 8 g. It alarms me someone could wake up after that. The stomach pain also is disturbing. I had been thinking about taking less than the suggested amount and I can see now it's not a good idea.

I doubt I would have the nerve to drink a second glass of SN after waking up.... Terrifying to think this could happen tbh.
(the store mentioned no longer sells SN)
That's terrifying..
Let's hope that no one else faces such a terrifying experience.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sid19, heavyeyes and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
SN is a strong poison but the process of dying itself takes several hours even after becoming unconscious.
I've read on here of people who were watching via cam of people who took SN and they apparently stop breathing at about 30 minutes. SN doesn't take several hours. That's why I find this account of waking up after 6 hours so strange.

We used to frequently have posts like this every week where someone took SN while others were watching and documenting it:
22:45 SN ingested
22:49 started a last smoke
22:50 starting to feel nauseaus
22:50 dizziness is setting in
22:51 puked a little into a plastic bag
22:52 fell over, no longer responsive to sound
22:53 tried to say something, body is convulsing
22:54 unconcious, shallow breathing
22:55 more convulsing, breathing is getting harder
22:58 barely breathing now
23:02 seems like he is breathing more steadily now?
23:04 still somehow breathing
23:07 still breathing, albeit slowly. not concious
23:10 not breathing anymore (not 100% sure on that)
23:18 no movement at all, we think he is at peace now

The entire episode took 30 minutes approximately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost Magic, Sid19 and heavyeyes
S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
I threw up a lot… I was dry heaving by the end of it.
Was the abdominal pain too much? What about number 2? Did you shit yourself? I remember you said you don't remember much of it and I can understand if you can't answer any of the questions I asked.
I've read on here of people who were watching via cam of people who took SN and they apparently stop breathing at about 30 minutes. SN doesn't take several hours. That's why I find this account of waking up after 6 hours so strange.

We used to frequently have posts like this every week where someone took SN while others were watching and documenting it:

I guess different people has different reactions. There many people who doesn't follow the regime closely, or probably has less pure sn with them. Also it seems like their survival instinct plays a very huge part in this. Some people have more si than others maybe? Not sure, but that's all I get from reading numerous posts regarding sn (both success and failure) here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65988

Is that from LetzteAusfahrt goodbye thread?
I guess different people has different reactions. There many people who doesn't follow the regime closely, or probably has less pure sn with them. Also it seems like their survival instinct plays a very huge part in this. Some people have more si than others maybe? Not sure, but that's all I get from reading numerous posts regarding sn (both success and failure) here.
More likely that their SN wasn't pure enough or didn't follow a regimen either. I think everyone has SI, whether it's stronger in some than others doesn't seem to be clear because we all share that basic survival instinct to remove ourselves from danger.

I definitely think the people who took sn and succeeded followed the regimen closely even if their si acted up to a significant degree, the question is whether it is enough to stop people in some cases compared to others and it's something I've often asked myself.

For those who successfully ctb, was their si not acting up enough compared to those who survived.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Is that from LetzteAusfahrt goodbye thread?

More likely that their SN wasn't pure enough or didn't follow a regimen either. I think everyone has SI, whether it's stronger in some than others doesn't seem to be clear because we all share that basic survival instinct to remove ourselves from danger.

I definitely think the people who took sn and succeeded followed the regimen closely even if their si acted up to a significant degree, the question is whether it is enough to stop people in some cases compared to others and it's something I've often asked myself.
I don't have a good explanation for the difference. Then I keep thinking of Sadworld, he didn't follow any regimen and said he took 2 or 3 g. It seems to me most were like this.

Then reading about people such as Penguin taking what was 3 glasses of 25 g. each and failing. No longer do we have multiple people being documented as they take it.

D

Deleted member 65988

I don't have a good explanation for the difference. Then I keep thinking of Sadworld, he didn't follow any regimen and said he took 2 or 3 g. It seems to me most were like this.

Then reading about people such as Penguin taking what was 3 glasses of 25 g. each and failing. No longer do we have multiple people being documented as they take it.

I remember this particular case where grosz took just 2g sn to test out but his oxygen saturation fell to critical levels and he weighed 98kg which was interesting in itself. It follows Sadworlds example of only taking a small but still lethal amount.

Penguin failed because of extreme nausea and possibly their anxiety aggravating the whole experience enough for them to be put off by it to go get help which they did but they still would've died according to the doctors if they didn't get help.

I think those days of people being documented/observed as they are taking it are long gone.

Reactions: Meditation guide
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023

Dying naturally or with a poison is a process, just because someone is unconscious and doesn't move anymore (it could be a very deep coma) doesn't mean they are already completely dead and cannot be rescued anymore. There are rare cases where people seemed to have died naturally but they woke up later or were even buried "alive" in the past when medicine wasn't as developed as it nowadays.

There were threads from users who reported that they were found after 2-3 hours if I remember that right. They survived but It could have been the other way around, too.

SN has an antidote and the dying process takes time and each human body is different and we should never underestimate how much a human body can resist if someone is very healthy for example. There are so many individual factors.

It's different after ingesting KCN (cyanide, lethal dose starts from about 250mg) there is no antidote and ingesting a few grams is irreversible no ambulance could be fast enough to rescue someone ingesting a few grams. of KCN.

Reactions: swaraj
D

Deleted member 65988

Also, in this case, the user took 8g of sn which is a lot but they may have vomited enough of it to stay alive and to wake up 6 hours later so this suggests that his Methomoglobin levels weren't that high to begin because even though he had Methomoglobin levels of 26%, they are usually lethal between 30-70%. The fact his condition improved after less than two hours with treatment shows that his particular case wasn't as critical since treatment of Methomoglobinemia with Methelyne blue is time dependent.

Also, he bought SN from Walmart, what are the chances it wasn't that pure to begin with.

Reactions: Meditation guide
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Also, he bought SN from Walmart, what are the chances it wasn't that pure to begin with.
Probably then it was "food grade" and not lab grade 99%. But as long as we have no proof what they really bought we can only speculate about this topic as well.

D

Deleted member 65988

Probably then it was "food grade" and not lab grade 99%. But as long as we have no proof what they really bought we can only speculate about this topic as well.
Good point, we can't really say much more beyond that but this users case was days after the actor Matthew Mindler took SN and died so maybe this user saw that went for it to see if they could do it themselves.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020

I remember this particular case where grosz took just 2g sn to test out but his oxygen saturation fell to critical levels and he weighed 98kg which was interesting in itself. It follows Sadworlds example of only taking a small but still lethal amount.

Penguin failed because of extreme nausea and possibly their anxiety aggravating the whole experience enough for them to be put off by it to go get help which they did but they still would've died according to the doctors if they didn't get help.

I think those days of people being documented/observed as they are taking it are long gone.
I've not heard of anyone being able to drink 3 glasses of SN. If they vomit and drink the 2nd glass they never come back. Most never come back after one glass.

I'm glad I was here when almost everyone documented their experience taking SN. It was such a tight community, people genuinely wanting to help others instead of sabotaging.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I've not heard of anyone being able to drink 3 glasses of SN. If they vomit and drink the 2nd glass they never come back. Most never come back after one glass.
I wish that was the case for my attempt, I guess I'm unlucky. I was dry heaving after the 3rd glass, I was trying to get everything out or should I say my SI was doing that, the gag reflex wasn't stopping so I wonder how people die after only the 2nd glass or even the 1st.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
I wish that was the case for my attempt, I guess I'm unlucky. I was dry heaving after the 3rd glass, I was trying to get everything out or should I say my SI was doing that, the gag reflex wasn't stopping so I wonder how people die after only the 2nd glass or even the 1st.
If I recall, you called for assistance?
People that don't get found early or call for help seem to succeed very often with just one or especially 2 glasses consumed, even with puking

Reactions: Meditation guide and Praestat_Mori
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
If I recall, you called for assistance?
People that don't get found early or call for help seem to succeed very often with just one or especially 2 glasses consumed, even with puking
I called for help immediately after vomiting the 3rd glass (ashamed it came to that point, quite embarrassing to admit that I drank all 3 glasses and failed) and help came very early, I think. The hospital is very close to where I live so I assume I got saved 10-20 minutes after calling?

I had the hospital dialed on my phone already because I didn't want to end up in a way worse situation than that I'm already in (organ damage, yes, the doctor said I was at risk of getting organ damage if I didn't call…)

R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
I called for help immediately after vomiting the 3rd glass (ashamed it came to that point, quite embarrassing to admit that I drank all 3 glasses and failed) and help came very early, I think. The hospital is very close to where I live so I assume I got saved 10-20 minutes after calling?

I had the hospital dialed on my phone already because I didn't want to end up in a way worse situation than that I'm already in (organ damage, yes, the doctor said I was at risk of getting organ damage if I didn't call…)

You might very well have succeeded if you had not called for help. Can't say that taking all that SN didnt work, as it does take some time to work!

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
They pass out after about 12 minutes is how, even after vomiting.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
You might very well have succeeded if you had not called for help. Can't say that taking all that SN didnt work, as it does take some time to work!
I actually had in my plan to call for help as soon as I threw up the third glass, I even panicked thinking of not calling for help after drinking the third glass while imagining my plan. I also wish I wasn't so cowardly and didn't call for help but the doctor did tell me that if I didn't die that day and not get help, I would've sustained some organ damage.
They pass out after about 12 minutes is how, even after vomiting.
How does passing out have anything to do with vomiting, if you don't mind me asking?
Can't you vomit while unconscious so even passing out wouldn't change anything, just prevent them from calling for help.

R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
I actually had in my plan to call for help as soon as I threw up the third glass, I even panicked thinking of not calling for help after drinking the third glass while imagining my plan. I also wish I wasn't so cowardly and didn't call for help but the doctor did tell me that if I didn't die that day and not get help, I would've sustained some organ damage.

Well, at least you've now been through the experience and know what to expect should you attempt SN again. We can't say for sure what would happen without help in your case, but the doctor did confirm that you took a lethal or at least super dangerous amount! Multiple glasses consumed, with or without puking is still lethal

Reactions: アホペンギン
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I want to point out something again in case anyone missed it:

SN is not slow. People pass out after 12 -15 minutes and in another 15 minutes they are dead at least in my estimation 80% of the time or more. They die in about 30 minutes. That is from one glass, even after vomiting. It's been very rare that people need the second glass.

I've been amazed in the past that people had time to be rescued.

This has been my observations in the past over at least two dozen or more documented cases here.

It's unusual to not follow this path.

It seems like the cases where people fail haven't been documents by observers or if they have I've missed it. Of course in those cases there probably wouldn't be an outside observer as it happened. My account of this here is just my own opinion, based on my previous times spent on this site two or three years ago. Other's experience and opinions my vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Anon1337
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020

How does passing out have anything to do with vomiting, if you don't mind me asking?
Can't you vomit while unconscious so even passing out wouldn't change anything, just prevent them from calling for help.
They vomit then pass out, all in 12 minutes. Then in another 20 minutes they stop breathing.
I only recall about 3 even drinking the second glass and always immediately after that no one ever hears from them again. I've never heard of anyone drinking a third glass. They die before they can do that.

You drank 75 g. of SN which is much more than I've ever heard of anyone drinking so I'm wondering if it was even SN or you are completely immune to it.

Last edited: