• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

tinystomps

tinystomps

Nov 30, 2023
I've considered the idea of having kids but that'd require I get my life in complete order first and idk how long that'll take. Postpartem depression runs in my family and I'm afraid I'll get postpartem after the birth and probably end up committing suicide since I'm already messed up before even getting pregnant. Not to mention my pregnancy phobia makes the whole concept of pregnancy terrifying to me, partially because of my eating disorder. I'm thinking of the future, I'm thinking long-term. I don't want to carry a pregnancy, attach to my fetus, give birth, then ditch the poor baby to be raised alone by their father because their mother couldn't take this shit anymore, quite bluntly. These weights feel too heavy to carry sometimes. I just wish I had a shoulder to cry on with someone who isn't lying to me and isn't part of this garbage again.

Hell, I can't even afford my own computer at this point, I'm borrowing my mom's. I can't bring a kid into this world until I get myself together first.

• Hugs
Reactions: silentnights56, Kit1, thewalkingdread and 4 others
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I don't want to bring kids into this world. It's not all it's cracked up to be. I have enough trouble taking care of my own mental health and well being. I'm not equipped to handle more problems than I already have.

Not everyone is meant to be a parent. Realizing this early on is best for yourself and them. This world is lost.

Reactions: oddetoad, silentnights56, thewalkingdread and 7 others
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
In my opinion, absolutely. I would say 9/10 people aren't prepared to have a child but do anyway. They just get lucky that most people turn out okay. Some people don't...

Reactions: myusername890, tinystomps, thewalkingdread and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think you're being very responsible about it. I just wish more people were. Really honestly, I'm an antinatilist myself. I've seen people from even relatively healthy and stable parents still struggle enormously with life. Myself included. Life is such a complete and utter crapshoot and personally, I wouldn't want to expose a child to that. For those that do though, I just hope for the best for them and their child.

Reactions: tinystomps, Kit1, thewalkingdread and 1 other person
U

unfixable

Oct 1, 2023
Had a vasectomy years ago to make sure as hell that would never happen. The worst failure I could ever have in life would be to condemn someone else to the genetic illness that I have. No to mention this world is fucked anyway.

Reactions: sadandlonely99, tinystomps, oddetoad and 2 others
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
I've considered the idea of having kids but that'd require I get my life in complete order first and idk how long that'll take. Postpartem depression runs in my family and I'm afraid I'll get postpartem after the birth and probably end up committing suicide since I'm already messed up before even getting pregnant. Not to mention my pregnancy phobia makes the whole concept of pregnancy terrifying to me, partially because of my eating disorder.

That's a very sound, logical/rational, reasoning. Kudos to you! 🏁🍾🥇🏆

It's a very good thing that you are capable of having this much self-awareness and self-reflection about this most serious subject... which, unfortunately, most people consider — at best! — "lightly"... in a very poor, glib, shortsighted and neglectful manner.

Most people just simply assume that having a child is their unalienable, "God given", absolute, individual, basic human right — when, in fact, it is not.

I'm thinking of the future, I'm thinking long-term. I don't want to carry a pregnancy, attach to my fetus, give birth, then ditch the poor baby to be raised alone by their father because their mother couldn't take this shit anymore, quite bluntly. These weights feel too heavy to carry sometimes

Most people only think about themselves and what they want... And, under this "parenting fever", they actively ignore every bad outcome, projecting a dellusional "forecast" of sunshine and rainbows.

The result of this "madness" is that they end up disregarding all of the bad consequences of their decision and their impact on the well-being of the child.

From a psychological perspective, it takes a lot of courage, honesty, willpower and resignation to admit to oneself that one is not best suited to do something that one wants to do. I will go even further and say that the natalist/pro-life indoctrination we are ubiquitously subjected to is the most powerful force one has to fight against.

Facts don't care about our feelings and reality "is what it is" — there is no "bending the spoon" because there is no spoon in the first place.

My opinion in this subject is somewhat in accordance to yours: If someone was/is suicidal, then that someone shouldn't procreate and have biological children even if, at any point, their life is on the "right track". Things can always take a turn for the worse.

And never — and I really mean never ever ! — use the idea of having a child instrumentally, in the hopes that this will somehow be the ultimate thing that will finally give your life a true meaning and purpose. Thinking like this just spells DISASTER.

I just wish I had a shoulder to cry on with someone who isn't lying to me and isn't part of this garbage again.

Unfortunately, I can't obviously offer you my shoulder to cry on. I would If I could. But I can not and will not lie to you... All I wrote is the real deal and I'm so sorry if the truth isn't any more comforting...

Last edited:
Reactions: tinystomps
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Please don't bring an innocent soul in here, it's such an immoral act

This is how I would list the worst things you can do in this life ranking from one to three

1 have kids
2. Grape kids
3. Serial ki double hockeysticks

Reactions: sadandlonely99, thewalkingdread and tinystomps
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
Please don't bring an innocent soul in here, it's such an immoral act

This is how I would list the worst things you can do in this life ranking from one to three

1 have kids
2. Grape kids
3. Serial ki double hockeysticks

Having a child should be regarded as "the original sin" because it's obviously the mother of all evils. No pun intended.

One can't get raped, tortured, violated, etc if one is never born...

So, it's a pretty straightforward syllogism as basic as:

1. All men are mortal
2. Socrates is a Man.
3. Therefore, Socrates is mortal.

Astonishingly many people fail this simple logics when the subject is anti-natalism... 🫠

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sadandlonely99