iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
Its one of the main reasons i want to die, when i was younger around 11 or 12 i had a half assed suicide attempt that completely decimated my ability to maladaptively daydream. The night i lied down after the attempt i couldn't escape to my dream world and spent the next week shaking, just watching shit on my phone cause i couldnt do anything else. Im 20 now and i would do anything to go back to the week before it happened and stop myself, i miss daydreaming more than anything. It also completely altered the way i experience emotions

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Left, en-bat-y and idk3
chocosyrup

chocosyrup

disillusioned
Nov 3, 2023
I've never heard of that happening but I do know of brain damage being caused by it.
I'm so sorry this happened to you

• Love
Reactions: iamalreadydead
en-bat-y

en-bat-y

Nov 4, 2023
it sucks how often in this world we can't go back on things like that, my empathy to you, it's a really sad thing to have happened

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
That definitely sucks.

I would venture you probably still have the ability, but its sealed away to protect you from reliving trauma and maybe you haven't or aren't in a safe space to actually daydream now.

Perhaps creating a very simple story and then consciously visualising yourself in the main characters' place, seeing it through their eyes, is a good starting place. Or maybe you're just not ready to move in that direction

Everyone is different, so I don't wish to presume too much. I wish you well.