• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
Don't want my family there.
Don't want it at a church.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
In grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. Most people don't think about funerals they went to.
I hope I will get none.

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
In grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. Most people don't think about funerals they went to.
I hope I will get none.
I do. I remember my great grandmother's when I was a child. The funeral I attended on Christmas Eve just after I left school (don't take drugs and drive). My father's funeral. A friend's funeral on the same day as a mutual friend's birthday. That same mutual friend's grandmother's funeral and then their father's just a few months later.

Spoonful

Spoonful

Mar 27, 2024
I'll be dead so it won't matter to me what happens but celebrations of life are pretty nice. We had one for my brother and it was a pleasant time sharing stories with old friends and eating good food

One day too late

One day too late

eMOTIONally dAAAAAAmaged
Aug 14, 2020
I don't want a funeral nor a burial. Just cremated and my ashes scattered in the wind.

HuskyD'hiver

HuskyD'hiver

Je meurs chaque jour...
Oct 14, 2023
I would like a celebration of life because it's what my family and friends would need to feel better. I also don't want to be cremated, but instead get a natural burial where I can be planned with a tree seed (specifically a spruce) in my corpse that can give back something to the world that will actually do something. As for any music, that's kind of hard to fit into a celebration of life since a lot of my music is depressing or very out there; the three I would like to be played on a vinyl record player though are: the entire album Deathconsciousness by Have A Nice Life, songs by Radiohead, and the full album of Road Apples by The Tragically Hip.

• Love
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I prefer no funeral, there's no point. I'll be dead, who cares about a carcass of a former person, if there's no chance reviving me then in a practical sense there's no difference between my corpse and roadkill. But funerals are for the living, so I'll just let my mom handle it however she wants.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I want direct cremation. I'll try to cover the cost myself if possible. I really don't want people looking at my body. I'll leave the rest up to my family. If a funeral or celebration of life would help them move on, then they should have one.

Last edited:
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
we can not afford another funeral anyways, i don't even want to be cremated. i just want to be buried and forgotten.
if i absolutely must be cremated i have said dozens of times to throw my ashes in a dumpster where they belong as i brought people not but misery even being alive so why would you want to keep any reminders that i was ever here to begin with?
something like me should be completely forgotten.
funeral is out of the question.

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
Did you plan for it, have you written a last will in some way? Do you prefer to be cremated or buried? Any type of music you'd want to be played? Or don't you care at all?

I keep going back and forth. I don't want to be cremated because to me that sounds inhumande and quite terrifying. I vibe with the idea of becoming part of the earth a lot more. I'm uncertain whether I want a funeral at all though, I'm certain that I don't want a reception. I'm worried that people who absolutely shat on me while I was alive showed up and claimed the right to grieve me, thus making even my death about them. I would like some music played though. "Rest of My Life" by Rilo Kiley as a last message to my ex girlfriend/best friend. The International. "It Takes a Fool to Remain Sane" by The Ark. Maybe something by Nightwish or Epica.
Not interested in making someone else go thousands of dollars into debt to put my name on a rock that will erode in two centuries

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I do not want a funeral. just want to be cremated and spread somewhere nice. I have it written out in a "final request" that is placed with my will

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Not really and I personally wouldn't want a funeral (not that I would even be around to affect any outcome after I'm dead) and simply just want to be cremated, buried, or whatever they do to dispose of my remains and then for others' to move on.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'll likely go with a prepaid direct cremation- no service. My family and friends live hundreds of miles away. I don't want them to feel obliged to travel all that way for some dry, unfeeling service.

When I was young, I wanted to insist that all that attended my funeral dressed up as skeletons- like the Mexican Day of the Dead. I've always loved skeletons. I still love that idea but, I'm pretty much a recluse. I doubt many people would come anyway.

Funerals and burials are massively expensive. I wonder if people realise just how much they cost. I also like the idea of becoming compost for a tree or something but, I bet that's hugely expensive too.

Ideally, I'd like to be cremated and either scattered in the ocean or, scattered where the rest of my family are also scattered but again- it's probably too costly for something I really only think is symbolic. May as well just go with the cheapest option. I doubt it will make any difference to me or anyone else.

The only reason I wouldn't go for this is, if my Dad outlives me. I think it would hurt him to not be able to say goodbye and get the closure a funeral would bring. So, I've held off organising it for now.