• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Dec 14, 2023
Did you plan for it, have you written a last will in some way? Do you prefer to be cremated or buried? Any type of music you'd want to be played? Or don't you care at all?

I keep going back and forth. I don't want to be cremated because to me that sounds inhumande and quite terrifying. I vibe with the idea of becoming part of the earth a lot more. I'm uncertain whether I want a funeral at all though, I'm certain that I don't want a reception. I'm worried that people who absolutely shat on me while I was alive showed up and claimed the right to grieve me, thus making even my death about them. I would like some music played though. "Rest of My Life" by Rilo Kiley as a last message to my ex girlfriend/best friend. The International. "It Takes a Fool to Remain Sane" by The Ark. Maybe something by Nightwish or Epica.

deaddog67

deaddog67

lurks
Nov 20, 2023
I'd love to have a celebration of life! My boyfriend had one and it's just really nice, it's more about celebrating the life the person lived, they had a place to play guitar, an altar to write notes and leave things for him, and like an art table, it was really peaceful and just very calming :) I've written a will to leave some things for my close friends but most of my other stuff I would prefer to be donated

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
As I won't be alive, I do not care what happens to me. I would prefer a green burial as I find anything else excessively wasteful but at that point it really won't be up to me. šŸ¤· People could dump me in a ditch and forget about me for all I care.

Reactions: Black Sheep One
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Dec 14, 2023
I'd love to have a celebration of life! My boyfriend had one and it's just really nice, it's more about celebrating the life the person lived, they had a place to play guitar, an altar to write notes and leave things for him, and like an art table, it was really peaceful and just very calming :) I've written a will to leave some things for my close friends but most of my other stuff I would prefer to be donated
That sounds like a really sweet idea!
As I won't be alive, I do not care what happens to me. I would prefer a green burial as I find anything else excessively wasteful but at that point it really won't be up to me. šŸ¤· People could dump me in a ditch and forget about me for all I care.
Ya, that's valid! I used to dabble with those thoughts too, until a couple of years ago when I thought I was going to die and found that planning these things felt meaningful.

ArgentApricot

ArgentApricot

Certified Shamash Hater
Apr 6, 2024
I'm meeting a notary next month, where i'm going to set up my will, funny this question pops up as i'm writing down my funerary wishes.
I don't want a funeral, and ideally i'd return to the earth, but that's sadly not an option; i'm going to still have to shell out 1-2k to have my body cremated. this way i can avoid my family still planning a funeral, and i can actually give away my stuff to my friends.
I'm exiting right and trying to cover every single one of my bases, so i'm making a list for people to be informed of a casual get-together so they can talk and grieve. there's a ban on slow/sad music, but besides that i owe closure to my loved ones and they can do it however they wish.

• Love
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I would like to be cremated, as I want my ashes to be scattered somewhere in the world, like on a mountain or in the ocean. I don't like the idea of being buried next to a bunch of graves; it would terrify me to be buried in a cemetery. I want my remains to be free.

I wouldn't like to have a funeral, just a small farewell listening to my favorite song. Speaking of my favorite song, since I don't usually listen to sad music, I would like my family to play "Close To The Edge" by Yes at my farewell. The song doesn't hold any special meaning for me, I just like the melody, as I used to listen to this song often when I daydreamed.

The truth is, I don't want my farewell to be a waste of money; I want it to be something simple. Unfortunately, sometimes the government wants things to be the way they want them to be, and I don't know if my family will be able to scatter my ashes in nature.

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
thinking about a final song is difficult for me. don't know what kind of message i want to leave behind. but i will - music has always been important for me.

as for cremation or burial or whatever, my disposal is in my family's hands, i think. originally, when i started to seriously plan, i wanted to cross out cremation altogether, but it is one of the cheaper methods to dispose of a loved one, and you can do some cool things with it, so i don't really care. i care about the funeral, though... just wonder who'll come, silly things like that.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No. Why would I even care about this when I wouldn't be alive for it anyway?

loslassen

loslassen

call me June
Dec 8, 2023
Did you plan for it, have you written a last will in some way? Do you prefer to be cremated or buried? Any type of music you'd want to be played? Or don't you care at all?

I keep going back and forth. I don't want to be cremated because to me that sounds inhumande and quite terrifying. I vibe with the idea of becoming part of the earth a lot more. I'm uncertain whether I want a funeral at all though, I'm certain that I don't want a reception. I'm worried that people who absolutely shat on me while I was alive showed up and claimed the right to grieve me, thus making even my death about them. I would like some music played though. "Rest of My Life" by Rilo Kiley as a last message to my ex girlfriend/best friend. The International. "It Takes a Fool to Remain Sane" by The Ark. Maybe something by Nightwish or Epica.
we're so broke I worry a funeral for me would leave my family bankruptā€¦ part of the reasons I haven't ctb'd is that, because I know they're stubborn and would want to have a funeral for me anyway, burying me too or something, maybe cremate me, either way any of that is just so out of our budget, unless I went missing, then I wouldn't have to worry about thatā€¦

• Hugs
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Cremation throw my ashes in the ocean

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Dec 14, 2023
I don't want that, I just want to be forgotten about like I never existed at all. If it's up to me I'd choose to completely erase my existence.
That I can deeply relate to. I've written in my will that I'd rather be forgotten. Sadly enough people can't will themselves to forget someone. I do think that if one is enough of a parenthesis in someone's life - which I am in most cases - the memories will fade pretty quickly. I hope thst you find what you're looking for eventually.
we're so broke I worry a funeral for me would leave my family bankruptā€¦ part of the reasons I haven't ctb'd is that, because I know they're stubborn and would want to have a funeral for me anyway, burying me too or something, maybe cremate me, either way any of that is just so out of our budget, unless I went missing, then I wouldn't have to worry about thatā€¦
I'm so sorry to hear, I didn't think about that aspect truth be told because where I live you pay a funeral tax. The world is truly inhumane in a lot of ways, my heart goes out to you,

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskyD'hiver
bookgirl

bookgirl

š‰š®š„š² šŸ’, šŸšŸŽšŸšŸ’
Mar 31, 2024
I want to be cremated

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
No, in my suicide notes, I specifically state no funeral

willitpass

willitpass

Donā€™t try to offer me help, Iā€™ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I used to. Years ago I would leave funeral plans in my suicide notes. Nowadays I simply don't care anymore. As long as I'm gone what does it matter what happens after?

L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024

I did a prepaid funeral arrengements with a funeral home. It was one of the hardest and saddest thing i did in my life. Totally crazy when you have to choose your own coffin and fill up papers considering you as a future dead person lol i dont think this act should be romantised, its too heavy when you do in pratice.

Nonetheless its the least i can do to alleviate my familly suffering.

• Hugs
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I've planned and prepaid for my cremation when I die, and I have had a will drafted and filed with the court in my jurisdiction. There will be no funeral. There's no one to come to one anyway. Just burn me, put my ashes in a bag, and place me in the niche of the monument at the cemetery. Done.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
Nope because I am not having one. I will be getting cremated with no service.

RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
I don't want one. I don't want people gathered around me talking about how much they loved me in death when they can't love me in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: bipbapbop
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
I honestly dont care. I will be gone. If it makes things easier for my family then I don't mind them doing it. I know they'll pull out all the bells and whistles and everyone in the world will show up, but if that's what they want then nothing I say will stop them anyways. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Reactions: february in alaska
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I honestly dont care. I will be gone. If it makes things easier for my family then I don't mind them doing it. I know they'll pull out all the bells and whistles and everyone in the world will show up, but if that's what they want then nothing I say will stop them anyways. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

I feel very similarly... although I hope they keep it quiet and it isn't full of people who never cared about me while I was alive LOL.

Honestly I wouldn't have one if I could help it, but I feel like that would be cruel since I've read it's helpful for the grieving process or acceptance or whatever. And hey, when I'm gone, I'm gone, so who really cares what I want at that point :')

Reactions: bipbapbop
M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
I just want to be cremated but I dont know if that will happen.

Dliena

Dliena

šš‚šš‚ š™¼ššŽšš–šš‹ššŽšš› š™½šš˜. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I'd rather not too much effort and money would be wasted.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
That's such a sweet idea! Maybe I'll draw inspiration from you.

I want to be cremated so that my partner can have my ashes at their disposal. And I want a celebration, because I feel like I owe it to them. I wonder who would come haha.
As for the music, I'd like my partner to choose some songs by me - their favorite ones. I'm pretty sure they're gonna choose the love songs I wrote about them haha. I want people to hear my voice a last time before they forget me forever and I fall into oblivion.
Oh, and I want to be buried with a poem they wrote for me.
The International.
Oh, I forgot about that. Very good choice comrade! :))

Last edited:
L

LaughingGoat

Apr 11, 2024
While I personally don't want any sort of funeral or gathering to "remember" me, I have always loved the idea of a sky burial like some Buddhists do of leaving dead bodies for vultures. Figure with the amount of animals I ate in part of my life, I owe them a something in recompense.

J

Jiroscope

Apr 8, 2021
A funeral is for the living, I don't have much family so it's really whatever would give them the most closure.

As for my body, I want to return to nature. My preferred way is to be cremated and then scattered in the soil or something, maybe poured into a river. I'm dead so I don't care too much about my body, they could use me as farm animal food and I'd be happy lol just as long as I get returned to nature. Something about being kept in an urn somewhere doesn't feel right to me. I was given my body from this earth, and I want to return it to the earth.