• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
(Sorry if this has a thread already, I couldn't find it on search)

After my CTB attempt, I have mental health nurses wanting to sit down and start therapy..

My question is…..has anyone actually opened up and told their therapist they researched suicide and openly want to die?

Is that a wise thing to say? Id think not.

Has anyone done it and then been referred to hospital on the back of their comments?

Surely it's pointless to sit with a therapist if you have to be so careful about opening up too much!

🤔🤔🤔

Will my therapist report me or hospitalize me if I tell them I have suicidal thoughts?

Therapists are ethically and legally required to report if a person is a danger to themselves or other people. Again, that usually means you have a plan to end your life, and you have the means to do it — but every therapist assesses risk differently!

Who they report to depends on state and local laws, but it's usually some kind of public health authority with the power to enforce involuntary treatment. If you're under 18 and your therapist thinks you're at serious risk of hurting yourself, your parents will probably be notified.

Keep in mind that this usually only happens when there's a really high level of danger. Your therapist probably isn't going to jump into emergency-mode at the first mention of suicidal thoughts. Fear of escalation shouldn't keep you from reaching out and getting the help you need.
Never say too much to your therapist.
They do not want to help you. No matter what they say. I don't care if they claim to believe in whatever things or if they say they're different from others, they're not. It's like a police interrogation, but worse. Think of it as if you have a little defense lawyer next to you.

Reactions: Lamentice and ireallylikemangoes
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
White, older lady therapist. She meant well, but she's not going to be able to comprehend certain tribulations.

I feel like it's mainly a waiting game for these people. They try, we die anyways.

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
First Therapy session today........not impressed at all. Telling my sob story to a stranger and them trying to think they understand it all. Found it very scripted, non helpful bullshit.

Nothing she says is going to change my mind from wanting out of this world. She's best off spending time with someone else.

I have this strange feeling within me that I dont even want to 'get better'......im not sure why that is!!

I dont want therapy, and I dont want medication

• Love
Reactions: Lamentice, ireallylikemangoes and SexyIncél
JJMaynard97

JJMaynard97

JJ’s Dead Inside, Time to Say Bye Bye!!
Mar 17, 2023
I do, haven't been to a therapist, have tried telling my family and friends and my Ex. But feel I have pushed them away. So regret that has Ive found talking makes you lonely.

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél
W

whoevencares

Feb 28, 2023
I have gone to therapists my entire life and not a single bit of useful help has come from them.
Fuck even told me it was my fault.
don't trust them

• Love
Reactions: Lamentice, TimetoGo! and SexyIncél
J

jeton nucleus

Mar 28, 2023
Years ago, I told my therapist that I was feeling suicidal and would not promise not to hurt myself. When I told her that, she told me she would have to call an ambulance. I eventually told her that I would promise not hurt myself so I could leave. While I wouldn't say I regret being honest about my suicidal thoughts, it taught me never to say anything like that again. Therapy isn't really effective if you can't be completely honest about how you feel.

• Love
Reactions: Lamentice, TimetoGo!, WaitingToGo and 1 other person
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I've told absolutely everything. I've told them I am or was suicidal, don't want to be here, experiment with opioids, have enough of them to kill myseldf and yet they haven't sent me to psych Ward. It's very laid back here. One of them said to me "it's my choice to do what I please". And because I told them I was mixing unprescribed pills at my last session they won't let me have the new antidepressants Because they want to be in charge. I do feel better opening up but then again it's pretty safe to do that here in NL. If I lived in the US or UK i probably would conceal more.

Reactions: Lamentice and TimetoGo!
Haruka

Haruka

the most beautiful angel
Mar 24, 2023
Definitely, I hate opening up to people but I always feel awkward when opening up to therapists about my life, I think they feel bad and awkward themselves too, but never know what to say so I just end up feeling even worse. My auntie has convinced me to speak to a new therapist after having an awful experience when I was 16, so if this one goes awfully then I'll officially done with them I think.

Reactions: TimetoGo!
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Years ago, I told my therapist that I was feeling suicidal and would not promise not to hurt myself. When I told her that, she told me she would have to call an ambulance. I eventually told her that I would promise not hurt myself so I could leave. While I wouldn't say I regret being honest about my suicidal thoughts, it taught me never to say anything like that again. Therapy isn't really effective if you can't be completely honest about how you feel.
Couldn't agree more…….yesterday's session was just ridiculous because I didn't tell her half of my true feelings.

Probably why this site is so helpful, you can talk openly and people will answer you back honestly as they genuinely know how it is to be suicidal

Reactions: PurpleVoid and Lamentice
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
That's the whole point, surely, to tell them everything, otherwise you could be omitting important aspects of your life which are having an affect on your mental health And your current situation. If you are under threat of being sent to a psych ward, who on earth is going to risk that, unless that's what you want. Before I joined SaSu and reading about people here, I never realized that by opening up to doctors in certain countries you could be sent off to a psych ward and you had no choice in the matter is horrific.

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
That's the whole point, surely, to tell them everything, otherwise you could be omitting important aspects of your life which are having an affect on your mental health And your current situation. If you are under threat of being sent to a psych ward, who on earth is going to risk that, unless that's what you want. Before I joined SaSu and reading about people here, I never realized that by opening up to doctors in certain countries you could be sent off to a psych ward and you had no choice in the matter is horrific.
A week ago today I made my first real attempt at suicide……shallow water blackout method…….and they tried to send me straight to Psych ward. It was only because I put on a Robert de Niro style acting class that I managed to convince them I was fine!! Im definitely not fine

WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
A week ago today I made my first real attempt at suicide……shallow water blackout method…….and they tried to send me straight to Psych ward. It was only because I put on a Robert de Niro style acting class that I managed to convince them I was fine!! Im definitely not fine
And that's awful that they do that to you. If I couldn't be completely open and discuss everything I wouldn't even bother going to see them.

Lamentice

Lamentice

Sayonara
Mar 27, 2023
I hate therapists (and psychiatrists), so most definitely. I really see therapy as a scam. One fell asleep on me once (she was in her 70s and really shouldn't have been working anymore).

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: TimetoGo! and WaitingToGo