• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Axolotl

Axolotl

Aug 30, 2020
The evolutionary value of crying is that it calls attention to you, signaling to others that you need help. This is especially valuable in humans that (a) haven't yet developed enough to be able to articulate that they need help and (b) haven't developed enough to provide adequately for themselves, i.e. infants and young children. Crying after those ages is only evolutionary beneficial in that it potentially draws pity from others, leading them to share resources with you or otherwise help you, which of course doesn't mean much if you're a man. Note also that crying is to indicate a deviation from the norm - things are bad and they need to be made good again. The thing is with people like us is that everything is endlessly bad and there is nothing anybody can do to make things better. Not doctors, not our parents, not strangers, not the police, nobody and nothing. So the state in which a normal person would cry is our norm. And where they could be helped, like giving an infant food when he's hungry, we are totally helpless. I don't cry. I haven't cried in years and years. Sometimes I 'cry out' to God but that's it.

S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Yeah I lost the ability in June of this year after my bout in hospital, I have tried watching sad films to see if I shed a few tears and I don't even reading lots of sad stories in newspapers, I just don't feel anything.

Metalhead

Metalhead

Born slippy
Sep 21, 2020
I don't think I can really add much more than what's already been said. Anhedonia/Empathy/Medication it could be a combination of the lot of them. The only time I used to cry properly was when I visited my brothers gravestone, but even that has stopped now. I think knowing that my situation is crap and there isn't any quick fix only adds to the fact that I kinda feel there's not even a point in crying anymore.

laura fines

laura fines

Oct 4, 2020
It's been a long time since I've cried. there have been many times where I've felt the need to or that I should be crying but I just can't anymore. all of this is about emotional pain, I haven't really endured much physical pain in a long time, maybe that would make me cry. idk
I have started a new med 2 months ago, and i cry less
but i feel sad and i don´t feel like doing anything
if you cry a lot it is exhausting, but maybe people like us need it
the sadness is on you

• Hugs
Reactions: llerutem5
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
Ever since i attempted partial suspension hanging like 3 years ago ,i feel like i have lost the ability to express any emotion and also the racing thoughts i used to have are gone,i feel super empty right now, and yes i used to cry like a lot,but now i just can't anymore, i feel that partial suspension must have changed my brain chemistry