Feb 6, 2021

Jin-Sil Choi / In South Korea / RIP

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I remember Nikki from big brother but after they raised all that money I thought she would make a big recovery as she looked so skinny and entered hospital.

Cheers

Geo

W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
Chris Cornell a bit. I wasn't particularly a fan, he just didn't strike me as the type that would complete.

• Hugs
Reactions: ManWithNoName and Jumper Geo
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Chris Cornell a bit. I wasn't particularly a fan, he just didn't strike me as the type that would complete.
Same here. I always respected him as a musician and even more so as a singer. Cornell is a vivid example that fame + fuckloads of money does not necessarily equal bliss.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Hurt and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I forgot about Ellie Soutter, the pressure of being the best.

Cheers

Geo

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
No. Being a celeb is stressful af. As someone with severe social anxiety my own personal hell would be being famous.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal and Jumper Geo
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Jill Janus, singer of the band Huntress
D3B0FA69 310C 498C BB9E F697190FB9B7

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Ian Curtis from the band Joy Division. Even though he ctb'ed before I was born, I found his band only a few years ago. He was such a talented person, he had an amazing voice. I enjoy his songs. He was only 23 years old. But he was suffering a lot. He failed to ctb multiple times by overdosing and cutting himself. It just shows how mental illness doesn't choose. It can destroy every person, even those who have a talent. Fuck the pro- lifers who say it gets better.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, FuneralCry, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Avicii shocked me greatly.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, BlankUser and Jumper Geo
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Robin Williams. This showed me money and fame are not enough to be happy.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Looking at all the famous people who CTB with millions of pounds in the bank, money is the route to all evil, it's nice to be comfortable and not have dept collectors sending you letter after letter and telephone calls and knocking on your door but for the rich and famous it's just normal life and they soon find things that cause them stress and anxiety.

Cheers

Geo

D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
Such brave people. Just goes to show you that money isn't everything. I wish I can go just like they did.

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I don't know if he was a celebrity because I don't give a shit about celebs, but a few years ago on another site, someone posted a pic of a man. He was really rich, a millionaire, he had power, he had a wife (the type men tend to simp for), friends, everything. He was also physically in an enviable condition, a "chad". He lived a life of luxury. And he had committed suicide after seeing his wife in a photo with brad pitt or something. And I thought "What the fuck?!".

Imagine if you one day woke up as Henry Cavil, just a lot richer and more socially/politically powerful. And you ctb because you saw a photo of your wife speaking with Brad Pitt?

Well. Any reason is a good enough reason to ctb, even seeing a photo of your wife with brad pitt. And you don't even need a reason to ctb in my opinion. But it was just so shocking to see a man like that buy a million master balls and throw them all at a bus.

G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
None have shocked me as you can't see anyone's mental anguish. You can have millions of pounds and still be in mental hell. Mental illness can effect rich, poor, young, old, famous, anyone.

• Love
Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, Huntfish34 and dyingalone123
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Yes, with Robin, Anthony and Kate.. Everything looked so Good, and so solid I always thought. That all fucked with my head to a degree, no doubt.

Sadly, I guess we will just never Really Know why / how things went for them.. Whether it be a celebrity , family, friend or whoever.. -

A

agate

Sep 29, 2021
Kurt Cobain. He was 27, I don't remember when this was :blarg:, I was young (49 now).
I loved Nirvana then, listened to them non-stop.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal and Hurt
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I never really was "shocked" or "sad" when reading about celebrity deaths (just surprised) - maybe because I can't relate to them and their lifestyles, maybe because I've never met any of them.

The closest to being shocked by a suicide was when a neighbor committed suicide over being heartbroken and also kinda hating the world (can relate) - because in the past I've sometimes seen him and this suicide seemed more real to me than a celebrities.

But as a very big Nirvana fan I would say I'm kinda sad Kurt couldn't go on with life.

Reactions: DocNo
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I don't know if he was a celebrity because I don't give a shit about celebs, but a few years ago on another site, someone posted a pic of a man. He was really rich, a millionaire, he had power, he had a wife (the type men tend to simp for), friends, everything. He was also physically in an enviable condition, a "chad". He lived a life of luxury. And he had committed suicide after seeing his wife in a photo with brad pitt or something. And I thought "What the fuck?!".

Imagine if you one day woke up as Henry Cavil, just a lot richer and more socially/politically powerful. And you ctb because you saw a photo of your wife speaking with Brad Pitt?
You really believe that was the actual reason he did it? Who the hell knows what his life was really like? Only one person irl knows my story, everyone else thinks I'm doing fine. Even ordinary people fake happiness all the time, let alone celebrities. I'm not shocked when anyone kills themselves, we're all just vulnerable human beings.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, ShatteredReality, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
Chester Bennington from Linkin Park left a huge hole in me for a long time. I grew up listening to his music and it got me through a lot of really tough times. I continued listening to it into my 20's and 30's and although I still absolutely adore Hybrid Theory, and place it among my top albums of all time, I also love his later music and resonate with it as well.

When I found out he took his life it was like a hole formed in me. I knew how much he had suffered, but, I still felt so horribly betrayed by it, which I also feel is selfish of me. He was a huge influence and always will be. I hope he's finally free from his demons.

Robin Williams also felt like a punch to the gut. It was worse discovering there was a medical reason behind his decline that he had no idea about. I feel so bad for him and his wife.

F3aee2445dbec648dda2fcf0a3dc33df Chester Bennington Dish 072117 chester bennington L intro 1622642605 4104838 082818 kgo ov robin williams editorial img Image 00 00 1814

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Too bad he had to learn not to spout bullshit the hard way...

Robin Williams Suicide GIF
ironic alanis morissette GIF

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
You really believe that was the actual reason he did it? Who the hell knows what his life was really like? Only one person irl knows my story, everyone else thinks I'm doing fine. Even ordinary people fake happiness all the time, let alone celebrities. I'm not shocked when anyone kills themselves, we're all just vulnerable human beings.
Well, not "really really". It's true that it could have been any reason and any number or reasons. It was also a suicide with gun so he might have just grabbed a gun and shot himself without thinking much in rage (and maybe alcohol). If he had to find out a way to order N or SN and then wait for N/SN and then drink it and take those anti-vomit things he might have cooled down by then. If i had to guess, it was alcohol, plus easy access to gun, plus rage, plus something like "I believe in true love and I'm always loyal but every one of my girlfriends and wives have cheated on me.". I'm not married but if I was, I wouldn't ctb just after seeing a photo of spouse with Brad Pitt, but I am loyal and believer in true love, so if I found out my spouse had fucked every celebrity ever while I'm at home taking care of kids, cooking dinners, etc., I'd say fuck this shit.

What I meant was. "That person had a better life than 99% of us and still he killed himself. I have a much worse life, so I have a right/I should kill myself too". It was a motivator for me. Like, I don't have a good life if a person with a better life kills himself. Everyone always tells "There are so many who are doing worse than you and are still living and trying their best." It put my life into perspective. Because I always thought "If I was X and Y then I wouldn't have a reason to ctb" but when a person who has X and Y still kills himself... Like when I was a teen I thought "If I had a bf/gf it would solve all my problems, I'd never kill myself!" but then people with bf/gf ended up killing themselves and it made me think differently.

I just remembered something. Someone on another site (I guess it was redd's suicide subredd before it was banned) said that his life looked perfect, he had a good job, money, he was good-looking, he was healthy, his parents were proud of him. He seemed like the perfect son. But what no one knew was that he was gay and thus he lived in a constant agony because he couldn't tell his parents or anyone else that he prefers men. And then his parents started to speak that he should get married to a good woman and he was like "No one will ever accept me as gay, but I don't want to marry a woman. So I'd rather die".

I wish there were no such bad parents or cultures. I'm not straight either but even when my house is full of LGBT merchandise and I've displayed no interest in getting anyone and I have never dated, everyone always assumes I'm straight. I told an ex-friend many times that I'm not straight and every time he "conveniently" forgot it. I had one nice psychologist who was very pro-LGBT but then I had an old conservative psychologist who told me to marry someone of the opposite sex and have kids. Fuck psychologists. What's the reason to even go to a psychologist when you can't say "I'm an LGBT person, antinatalist, etc. so I want a psychologist who won't shame me.".

Reactions: mentalhealthfighter
R

Rabbit

Sep 3, 2021
Kurt cobain.
I was a part of all the 90s grunge vibe and I honestly thought my world had ended.
More recently Anthony Bourdain. On his shows he just seemed so intense about the language and food of all the places he visited.
Guess it just goes to show that we are all capable of concealing sadness
Yeah that was a profound one.

AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Screw your courage to the sticking place.
Jun 29, 2021
No suicide, celebrity or otherwise, shocks me. I'm more shocked that we're all walking around in so much pain.

Reactions: astromoon and existtosuffer
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
No suicide, celebrity or otherwise, shocks me. I'm more shocked that we're all walking around in so much pain.
The famous scene from Macbeth "To be or not to be" monologue addresses the question whether or not it is better to call it quits rather than to contend with the pain of life. The conclusion was that the fear of what lies beyond death, if anything, is far too scary, so we continue to live on in the suffering of the Human existence.

• Love
Reactions: TakeMeBack07 and AtMostOkay