M

Moosh_Kaboosh

Oct 17, 2023
I'm hanging myself tonight, I just have one question. How likely is it that I'm going to save myself unconsciously? Should I tie my hands up too?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: KAZ-2Y5, lightnings, Deleted member 82921 and 4 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Full or partial? It's better to go with full hanging bc once you kicked the chair there's no way back, just make sure the anchor point doesn't break and the knot doesn't get lose. That's if you're really serious. Partial has imo a higher failure rate and is more difficult to succeed.

Reactions: KAZ-2Y5 and Leavesfromthevine
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
Imo, it doesn't matter if you tie your hands or not. If you thrash enough you'll break free if you've done something wrong. Make sure regardless of method you're using to hang, that you compress the carotid and jugular. If you succeed in doing that you'll have the best chance at ctb. If you choke your air way, you'll likely just have a bad time and survive. Unless you've done a full suspention with the proper ligature and anchor of course.

I hope you find peace friend.

Reactions: Wolfalb, lightnings and Praestat_Mori
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
I've kinda wondered how you'd tie your own hands behind your back anyway, I most likely won't be doing that for each of my attempts but if done correctly and you're unconscious then I don't think you'll be getting out of the knot but everything else you said I agree with. Unless you meant breaking free from the tension on your neck then that I agree is possible.
I've tinkered with that same idea before and it just doesn't really work unless you have everything ready to go, tie your hands, then slip into the knot.

You can break free unconsciously though. If you have an improper knot, insufficiently strong ligature, or weak anchor point. It isn't uncommon to thrash about while unconscious and if you have either of these issues and happen to start moving, you could survive. I don't think anyone is at risk of untying themselves though.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 82921