• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
I'm personally not on this all the time.
Would anybody be interested in here to have a group chat on an app (preferably just a username/password thing where we could create accounts and not divulge much of our personal location). I get really tired during the day of living in everybody else's world when I'm just in my head and would like to invite those who feel the same way to have a mode of communication we can speak through and express ourselves freely without somebody telling us to get over it or grow the f up.

Reactions: akosineenee, killmepls, Tiburcio and 2 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I like that idea.
But I like the idea that all of our families/partners/etc could just ship us all off to one location and forget about us. Then we could have real company and real conversations with people who actually cared and understood. Be a depressing place but at least people would be there to help you - in whatever way you needed.

Reactions: akosineenee, killmepls, ninaevol and 3 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I like that idea.

Reactions: Dead_Inside and Tiburcio
MortDeVivre

MortDeVivre

"If a battle cannot be won, do not fight it."
May 31, 2018
I wouldn't have anything to contribute myself, but I think @Smilla might be interested.

Reactions: lv-gras, Smilla and Tiburcio
Lowri

Lowri

Jun 19, 2018
There is a discord group. Discord also has an app fyi.

Next best thing would be a Telegram group. There is also signal but it always displays your phone number. Telegram doesn't do this (unless you have that person in your address book), so you can create a pretty private and encrypted chatroom.

edit: i checked the discord sticky and found you can't discuss methods and stuff...strictly for hanging out

Reactions: Smilla, Bandzbandz and Tiburcio
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
There is a discord group. Discord also has an app fyi.

Next best thing would be a Telegram group. There is also signal but it always displays your phone number. Telegram doesn't do this (unless you have that person in your address book), so you can create a pretty private and encrypted chatroom.

edit: i checked the discord sticky and found you can't discuss methods and stuff...strictly for hanging out

And for telegram, I just checked, you have to have the person's number for it.

Reactions: Tiburcio
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I think you can get group chats going on the wire app.

Reactions: lv-gras
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Found something!
An app called Kik allows you to make an account using your email and you don't need to enter your number or where you are.

Please make a Kik account and i will compile the list of usernames and make a group by the title of "Sanctioned Sanity".

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
I wouldn't have anything to contribute myself, but I think @Smilla might be interested.

You don't have to contribute — you can just read if you want. It's all about reminding you that you're not alone in your thoughts. It's up to you ofc.

skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
Found something!
An app called Kik allows you to make an account using your email and you don't need to enter your number or where you are.

Please make a Kik account and i will compile the list of usernames and make a group by the title of "Sanctioned Sanity".
Kik is not encrypted like Wire is, take that into consideration

Reactions: Tiburcio and Bandzbandz
Lowri

Lowri

Jun 19, 2018
Mini guide on how to chat privately on telegram while keeping your phone number private:

1. Install telegram and verify your phone number, don't worry this won't be publicly
available except to people already in your address book

2. Make a public username by going to settings and clicking on username. Pick a name (you can use a-z, 0-9 and underscores eg kurtcobain_2018)

3. You'll immediately see a link that you can share with others and that will open a chat with you. You can post this link here or pm it to someone. People can also just search for your username (telegram has a global search). Your phone number won't be visible.

Now you can chat worry-free from under your bed cover ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiburcio and Bandzbandz
K

killmepls

Aug 19, 2018
All this stuff is really anti privacy. Someone should do this on an anonymous, private, open source service then I would sign up

Reactions: Smilla and Tiburcio
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Read my mind.

I would only use wire
Can you try and make the group on wire?
I've downloaded the app but it's not working for me on some reason.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Can you try and make the group on wire?
I've downloaded the app but it's not working for me on some reason.

You need to join wire first then hook up with individual members then I can add you.

In any case I just created a group called death dignified and clicked on members asking them to join.

I have to look into it. I'm sorry.

Reactions: Tiburcio, lv-gras and Bandzbandz
G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
I guess people here really like discord or kik. Unless you like leaving a trail I'd ditch these and switch to Wire. The app's features are way better anyway.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
We have a discord group chat for the site. If you want to join, let me know via PM.

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras