• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ChronicPainExistent

ChronicPainExistent

One day at a time
Jan 3, 2024
Suicide by cutting the femoral artery doesn't seem to be that commonly discussed. I'm just curious what the reason is for that?

Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Because it is very hard to locate unless you are extremely skinny. Plus, cutting hurts a lot, and there's still no guarantee that you will bleed to death. Cutting is just very difficult...

Reactions: Hollowman and thinvy
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
It's very unlikely that the method is going to work, the success rate of death by cutting is very very low.

FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
It can be done, sure. The knife would need to be sharp.

AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
I think that's the thing, you really need to stab yourself with real force at the correct target area, and it's generally not something our SI allows us to do. Cutting is different, less forceful, we tend to only hit surface layers and tendons. Stabbing takes a lot of willpower and is very violent, hence we generally only see reports of accidental deaths this way rather than suicide.

I think even if mustering the willpower to stab myself that forcefully it'd then be down to luck whether I actually hit the target vein.

And it's something I've thought about in the past given my history of high pain tolerance to cutting, but I don't think I'm brave enough and my thighs are too chunky to locate the artery anyway so I'd have to go full on slasher on myself with repeated stabs. 😑