Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Why are payroll records suddenly the Big-Eye-Yam? When you look at payroll records from 1800 Atlanta do you expect to find enslaved people on it, or records of payments to people who were paid?

I'm far from a fundamentalist and Netanyahu is an ass, but the saga of Hebrews (not "Israelis") undergoing oppression in an area that translates as Egypt and then escaping that oppression despite their miserable status is a very resonant myth that's been valuable to other enslaved people as well as inspiring miles of excellent music.

So let my people go, please. What's the topic here, anyway?
I never read the book only saw the Charleston Heston movie, tell me what part did you enjoy most, was it killing the first born of Egypt even if they were children. Anyway I've been told by someone in this country that the Catholic church has changed it's position on suicide as long as someone pray for you and does a particular service in church the deceased won't end up in hell. As far as mythologies go they make it up as they go along and apply band aids to their doctrine to protect themselves from being called hypocrites. Now I read the church is alright with same sex relationship, wonder what burning people as heretics was all about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayfaerer and Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
As far as mythologies go they make it up as they go along.

No one has to swallow all of it whole, though. I don't have any use for organized religion, but recognizing stirring literature is something we can all do, whether or not churches have done crappy things with it.

The parts of Exodus I enjoy most are:
a) God and Moses storming around the desert yelling at each other because after all these miracles all the Hebrews wanted was barbecue; and
b) God showing Moses his bottom, as a reward.

The story of enslaved people getting free is pretty cool too, and quite different from other religious myths, which were mostly about upholding the status quo, not liberating enslaved people, advocating equal rights, a weekly day off and other right things.

I recommend a modern Jewish translation that lets the humor and ethics shine.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Homecoming and Deleted member 1465
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
External contentduckduckgocom

Join now only $99.99/month.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Homecoming, Disappointered and 5 others
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
No one has to swallow all of it whole, though. I don't have any use for organized religion, but recognizing stirring literature is something we can all do, whether or not churches have done crappy things with it.

The parts of Exodus I enjoy most are:
a) God and Moses storming around the desert yelling at each other because after all these miracles all the Hebrews wanted was barbecue; and
b) God showing Moses his bottom, as a reward.

The story of enslaved people getting free is pretty cool too, and quite different from other religious myths, which were mostly about upholding the status quo, not liberating enslaved people, advocating equal rights, a weekly day off and other right things.

I recommend a modern Jewish translation that lets the humor and ethics shine.
You forgot Moses got the Torah from his God in the desert and freeing people from slavery and been given a book with rules on how to keep a slave, don't you think there something wrong with that inherently wrong. If you are interested in mythologies that don't uphold the status quo perhaps Ramayana on YouTube about the Hindu god Ram might be to your liking, but be warned there were well paid servants in that one.

Reactions: Disappointered
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
If God existed, He would owe me an explanation why he let the Abomination make my husband kill me, and whether He created her with a golden cunt or something. Why is it expensive enough to cost me my life even when it is used by somebody else? (Cuck J*r* uses the cunt, not my husband. My husband only serves.)

Anyways, God better not exist because there could be a trillion universes and I would kick Him through all of them until He explained.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
If God existed, He would owe me an explanation why he let the Abomination make my husband kill me, and whether He created her with a golden cunt or something. Why is it expensive enough to cost me my life even when it is used by somebody else?

Anyways, God better not exist because there could be a trillion universes and I would kick Him through all of them until He explained.
I'm pretty sure if you found him if he exists he will likely wash his hands of the matter under Catholic doctrine of free will your husband made his choices willingly.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I'm pretty sure if you found him if he exists he will likely wash his hands of the matter under Catholic doctrine of free will your husband made his choices willingly.

Nah, the entire point being my husband has no free will whatsoever because he does 'exactly as he is told', quoting that from the cunt. Soo that moron God does not get to give me lip about free will.

Reactions: Deleted member 94, Disappointered and esse_est_percipi
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Nah, the entire point being my husband has no free will whatsoever because he does 'exactly as he is told', quoting that from the cunt. Soo that moron God does not get to give me lip about free will.
Then he's a puppet who chose freely to be a puppet if I'm understanding you correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyFrog
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Then his a puppet who chose freely to be a puppet if I'm understanding you correctly.

I suggest you don't save this hypothetical bastard God from my clutches, because He had no business creating a defective thing that hands over his free will like that. At least he might have had the decency not to introduce me to him through a set of impossible timings and events.

Will make him sorry he created anything at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Deleted member 94 and esse_est_percipi
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
This is all very interesting (:heh:) but I know there is something that has come along suddenly and helped me when literally all was lost. It's happened at least a couple of times. I know it came from outside, like a hand reaching down out of the clouds to pull me through.

And I know when I meditate there is this big impassive eye that looks back at me. No emotion or expression in that eye but its not me. It's someone or something else. God? My soul? Both? I think it's sort of "the real me", which is apart from
my every day existence and just watches the show. And it is separate from me. It's not involved in any of this that goes on in what we think of as "life". It's just there watching.

So if you want to say God is bad, or God is this way or that way, tell it to that big internal eye that is watching all this impassively. I don't know that it cares about any of this mess. But once in a great while you may find some help out of nowhere.
If you communicate with this entity if what you say is real please tell him/her/it if his watching me that my life is no peep show and he/she/it should get his/her/Its own life.

Ps also don't watch me during my private times and toilet breaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and esse_est_percipi
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
You forgot Moses got the Torah from his God in the desert and freeing people from slavery and been given a book with rules on how to keep a slave, don't you think there something wrong with that inherently wrong. If you are interested in mythologies that don't uphold the status quo perhaps Ramayana on YouTube about the Hindu god Ram might be to your liking, but be warned there were well paid servants in that one.

Thanks for actually reading. Yes, slavery exists in the Hebrew bible, but the rules about it entail treating slaves well and then releasing them after six years. I shall have a look at the clip you're recommending. Thanks

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Thanks for actually reading. Yes, slavery exists in the Hebrew bible, but the rules about it entail treating slaves well and then releasing them after six years. I shall have a look at the clip you're recommending. Thanks
It's not a clip it's a whole series of episodes with subtitles. By the way you missed the point about slavery I was making, why would they have been freed from slavery which they hated so much only to be allowed to have slaves themselves, personally if I was a slave and freed from it I would never do it to another, that's how it should be looked at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
"A Demon-Haunted World" - Carl Sagan. One of my favourite books and one that has totally changed the way I see the world.

Reactions: stevieu
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Look. God can't be mad cause you won't worship him or her like a slave and feed that distorted ego. God is so immature. He or she throws a temper tantrum when you don't do what he or she wants and says "Ok. I'm gonna make you burn forever."
I agree except I don't actually believe God exists, I simply think the very notion of him in any medium wreaks of tyrannical asshole-ness. Satan did well to call him out.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Look. God can't be mad cause you won't worship him or her like a slave and feed that distorted ego. God is so immature. He or she throws a temper tantrum when you don't do what he or she wants and says "Ok. I'm gonna make you burn forever."

God is jealous and wrathful because he is man's projection unto the world. He is too human-like to be a "god" of unlimited power. Can you imagine a human with such power? That'd be very frightening!

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
It's not a clip it's a whole series of episodes with subtitles. By the way you missed the point about slavery I was making, why would they have been freed from slavery which they hated so much only to be allowed to have slaves themselves, personally if I was a slave and freed from it I would never do it to another, that's how it should be looked at.

No argument here, @readytogo - I too hope I wouldn't have a slave, no matter what. I don't claim the Exodus mythology is a pattern to follow - just that it's a myth with a lot of resonance, and as far as I know we're free to take from it what moves us and leave the outdated, unappetizing, senseless bits alone.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Deleted member 94
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
No argument here, @readytogo - I too hope I wouldn't have a slave, no matter what. I don't claim the Exodus mythology is a pattern to follow - just that it's a myth with a lot of resonance, and as far as I know we're free to take from it what moves us and leave the outdated, unappetizing, senseless bits alone.
Glad to see you know what is a myth most people don't. The myth that really resonated with me is Harry Potter movies let's just pray they don't engender any wars.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020

I don't think we can blame God, I know they say God is everywhere but I think we are dealing with middle managment and we know how useless they are and never give a true picture which might make them look bad. When you say burn, do you mean,

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: puppy9, Meditation guide and Homecoming
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
Well religions are dogmas and linked to the notions of power, society, civilisations etc...
Spirituality is the real matter if you seek what the true nature of reality is.
Nothing can exist outside of god. In a sense you are god exprimenting itself, playing hide and seek with himself.
Stop thinking God is some external being. You are God. We all are our own Gods. Right now that God is what I call "the watcher". Not judging, not doing anything but watching us.
God is among us.
You are creator.
There are a few smart SS members here, and their post talking about God is not some separate entity really BLEW my mind :ohhhh:

Here are some external links discussing the same topic:

https://www.speakingtree.in/blog/10-reasons-why-god-cannot-be-separate-from-us

https://www.quora.com/What-if-God-i...es-but-instead-is-the-Universe-itself?share=1

Reactions: Jumper Geo, Meditation guide and Soul
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Epicurus

Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Sprite_Geist and woxihuanni
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
OP views/claims about God is so f*cking wrong and really biased towards childish, deceitful and fear-mongering man made religions!

Reactions: Meditation guide
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Most people will disagree with you either you accept the whole of it or non of it. After all you can't see the whole without missing Jigsaw pieces. It reminds me of the role of successive governments of the UK and their dealings with EU about what they will accept and what they won't. EU always got fed up with them over accepting certain stuff while rest of members played properly. Glad that they did Brexit and stopped sitting on the fence.

There's a lot wrongs in the book of exodus you yourself admit so but we are different I don't cherry pick. But am not fanatical either in that some followers of Torah will force others to follow it fully.

Reactions: Homecoming
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Most people will disagree with you either you accept the whole of it or non of it. After all you can't see the whole without missing Jigsaw pieces. It reminds me of the role of successive governments of the UK and their dealings with EU about what they will accept and what they won't. EU always got fed up with them over accepting certain stuff while rest of members played properly. Glad that they did Brexit and stopped sitting on the fence.

There's a lot wrongs in the book of exodus you yourself admit so but we are different I don't cherry pick. But am not fanatical either in that some followers of Torah will force others to follow it fully.

Sincerely puzzled: How would anyone "follow the book of Exodus fully"? I don't think many people, not even devout fundamentalists, expect anyone to devote 40 years to wandering around in the desert. (You know, I'm sure, that the distance they travelled could be covered on foot in something like 20 days.)

Again, my point was not that everyone should "follow the Torah" or any other scripture. I was talking about a resonant myth, not a Rulebook for Life. I'm very aware that there are crappy ideas in the Torah (more in Leviticus and Deuteronomy than Exodus, but still), and as I noted somewhere above all religions get used to justify bad craziness. So we shouldn't go along with that stuff.

Jews have taken a lot of abuse over the centuries so maybe that's made up a little for some of Judaism's wild past, and/or made orthodox Jews a little less expectant that we should "follow the Torah" exactly, since we can't, because miles of mitzvot center on the temple and that's been out of service for a couple of millenia.

Anyway ... Where were we??

Reactions: Homecoming and Deleted member 94
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
If God existed, He would owe me an explanation why he let the Abomination make my husband kill me, and whether He created her with a golden cunt or something. Why is it expensive enough to cost me my life even when it is used by somebody else? (Cuck J*r* uses the cunt, not my husband. My husband only serves.)

Looks like there's a long que of people who want to do the same, loads on this forum alone, if I was God I'd be very worried right now or penning my resignation letter.

Last edited:
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
There would be some major raids and legendary prison breaks from hell happening if any of this was real. Like people are going to let their friends burn for all of eternity.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
People never stopped the religious tyranny in the past, this country the church had a stronghold of power over the people and priest could excommunicate anyone and that was of real detriment to financial, educational, emotionally and societal well being of the person. It's only since people stopped believe in it that they are just seen as a bunch of weird kids who believe in very advanced fairytales, but some still fear them so there will always be those. My understanding is no single person stands up against oppression it takes an army, like colonel Gaddafi got away with loads until his regime was taken down.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Why are payroll records suddenly the Big-Eye-Yam? When you look at payroll records from 1800 Atlanta do you expect to find enslaved people on it, or records of payments to people who were paid?

I'm far from a fundamentalist and Netanyahu is an ass, but the saga of Hebrews (not "Israelis") undergoing oppression in an area that translates as Egypt and then escaping that oppression despite their miserable status is a very resonant myth that's been valuable to other enslaved people as well as inspiring miles of excellent music.

So let my people go, please. What's the topic here, anyway?
I think there were attendance records as well to go with payroll records but d
Excuse me? I have tried and failed to understand what you're trying to say.

Yes, the Exodus story is mythology; that's what I said. Yes, religions (Hinduism included) are used to wage wars and other horrible things. (I used to value Buddhism very highly for not engendering wars, but then those assholes in Myanmar went after the Rohingha, so there's another good theory shot to hell.)

However, whatever "one Jewish person had said" (are you referring to Jesus? or Netanyahu?) (ha! it cracks me up that I honestly can't tell which you mean!) has nothing to do with what makes the Exodus myth resonant. Nor do anybody's payroll records.

What was the topic at hand - what God can and can't do? You can decide for yourself, how's that. And then you can decide to believe in your creation or not.
You only found out about the Rohinga now and changed your stance on Buddhism according to Wikipedia they had been suffering for decades at the hands of Buddhist people of Myanmar.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I think there were attendance records as well to go with payroll records but d
You only found out about the Rohinga now and changed your stance on Buddhism according to Wikipedia they had been suffering for decades at the hands of Buddhist people of Myanmar.

It is funny to me how anybody fails to link b*ddhism and caste system, and then is all surprised when they discover other fuckery.

Reactions: waived
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
It is funny to me how anybody fails to link b*ddhism and caste system, and then is all surprised when they discover other fuckery.

Whoa nelly. What I wrote was that I was unaware of any Buddhist WARS, not that I believed all Buddhists are overflowing with compassion for every living being.

The situation in Myanmar has changed my mind about Buddhism, much to my sorrow. I am aware that the nastiness has been going on for longer than most people realize.

@readytogo, I know you enjoy finding holes in my ideas, which is fine, but please bear in mind what I've stated instead of reprimanding me for things I didn't say, ok?

As for the Rohingas' treatment by the Buddhist majority in Myanmar: Right, I don't know everything about the history of religious persecution around the world. You seem to be making good progress toward expanding your knowledge. Good on you. Carry on.

Meanwhile, @woxihuanni, can you clarify what you mean by the link between Buddhism and the caste system? We (probably) all know Buddhism originated in India, so of course it was influenced by Hinduism and Indian social institutions, caste included. But you seem to mean something more than that, and I'd love to know what.

Last edited: