Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i agree with @OkFaithlessness. theyre on a suicide forum, im sure their life is hard enough as is without getting picked on whats suppose to be a safe place. also some people werent exactly being nice from the start, so to say he asked for it, really isnt true. unless someones being a complete ass and doesnt care that they are, NOTHING is being asked for.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BottomlessPit, BluesRunTheGame, Fragile and 2 others
Victoria

Victoria

Jun 15, 2021
So was this on Facebook messenger? Has she read the message? Has she replied? Has she blocked you? Don't keep us hanging!! X

Reactions: LastFlowers
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
So was this on Facebook messenger? Has she read the message? Has she replied? Has she blocked you? Don't keep us hanging!! X
Yes I sent it's on Facebook messenger.
So far there is no response.
I am not sure she saw it yet.
I will update you once I know for sure don't worry.
I will open a thread about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher, BottomlessPit, Fragile and 2 others
Victoria

Victoria

Jun 15, 2021
I want to make it clear despite my opinion I'm rooting for you and would be so happy if you got a good reaction.

• Love
Reactions: hahabye, Life_and_Death and Busticket
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
if its on fb her pfp would take place of the circle if shes read it (at least i would think it works the same world wide). if you arent friends and this is the first message to her then theres a possibility its hidden and she hasnt seen it (my friend sent my other friend a message and i had to tell him it was there), or she did it but it wouldnt tell you until she says so. (just fyi)

also why cant you update this one??

Last edited:
Reactions: ClairyFairy and Victoria
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
if its on fb her pfp would take place of the circle if shes read it (at least i would think it works the same world wide). if you arent friends and this is the first message to her then theres a possibility its hidden and she hasnt seen it (my friend sent my other friend a message and i had to tell him it was there), or she did it but it wouldnt tell you until she says so. (just fyi)

also why cant you update this one??
I don't think she has seen it yet.
I will wait a few days and see what happens.
And you are right I will just update here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher and Life_and_Death
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
These type of messages indicate that a misogynist is pretending to be a 'nice guy'. If you're not appreciative, you can normally expect something bad in return (like resentment, insults etc.)
It's obvious the OP does not respect the recipient.

BTW, don't refer to women over 18 as girls.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: archipelago, kovkay, Whale_bones and 5 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
You shouldn't, it's infantilizing (sexism).
no, i just feel physically uncomfortable saying the word women. and not everyone sees it that way.
oh and btw im female. i didnt know i was insulting myself by saying whats comfortable for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Elysium Searcher, BottomlessPit, Fragile and 4 others
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i hate to say it but she probably did see the message and just doesn't want to hurt you so she ignored it.

Reactions: motel rooms and quiet.rabbit
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
That is AWESOME!! Yes, yes go for it. Back in the 1970's I did that, it was by a letter, snail mail, BUT it worked and she reached out to me and we had a great time, till her parents found out about me, and that was a good bye, her parents were controlling. Always remember that nothing ventured, nothing gained. One only lives ONCE, and better to go all in than would have, could have, should have later on. You are a VERY kind and loving soul, one can always tell by your posts, and a young lady would be so lucky to have you as her boyfriend. GOD speed and I am sending you all my caring and knowledge that YOU are a beautiful, kind person who deserves all the best. Walter

• Love
Reactions: Elysium Searcher and Busticket
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
no, i just feel physically uncomfortable saying the word women. and not everyone sees it that way.
oh and btw im female. i didnt know i was insulting myself by saying whats comfortable for me
My initial comment was for the OP. If you care to look into it: behavior of individuals has different consequences depending on power dynamics.
Also, internalized sexism exists.

I mean, you're defending the op.. means you're missing all the red flags, so be careful when dealing with men.

• Aww..
Reactions: archipelago, kovkay, MartyByrde and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
My initial comment was for the OP. If you care to look into it: behavior of individuals has different consequences depending on power dynamics.
Also, internalized sexism exists.

I mean, you're defending the op.. means you're missing all the red flags, so be careful when dealing with men.
maybe they just arent the best at getting their point across and needs a little help and thats why they made this thread. just a thought that maybe not everything is horrible and negative and has more than 1 possibility

Reactions: BottomlessPit, Meditation guide, Fragile and 1 other person
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Another point: Most people found the message creepy, some women told him not to send it.

Did he care? No. He sent it anyway because his needs are more important, who cares if the recipient feels uncomfortable.

Reactions: archipelago, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Carrotcake and 8 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Another point: Most people found the message creepy, some women told him not to send it.

Did he care? No. He sent it anyway because his needs are more important, who cares if the recipient feels uncomfortable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was asking for opinions, not orders or directions. No one is obligated to do what people on the internet tell them to do lol.

Reactions: Elysium Searcher, BottomlessPit, LastFlowers and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020

he also never stated whether or not he made the edits suggested, for all we know he did

Reactions: Elysium Searcher and Busticket
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
i hate to say it but she probably did see the message and just doesn't want to hurt you so she ignored it.

I hope she was with a friend who can read much faster than her

inappropriate dont look GIF

Just kidding, all you hopeless romantics rooting for OP

• Yay!
Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and Meditation guide
M

MountKecske

Jun 4, 2021
This is a conflicting issue because women means wife of a man and wife means servant. We have to come up with a new word and it has been tried such as wimmin, womon, wombyn, but I think it should be an entirely different word not just derivations of the original.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I think it's fine in certain contexts, I actually would prefer to be called a girl than a woman, but that might be a subconscious desire to harken back to the youth that was stolen from me.
Still, I don't think it's that deep unless the intent is to be condescending.
I have referred to adult women as girls too, especially if they're under the age of 30, and it wasn't because I thought they were an infant.
I've even referred to my own mother and grandmothers as "girls" before..

Reactions: Fragile and Victoria
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I think jk Rowling is here

Reactions: Elysium Searcher
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
If she doesn't answer back, don't send another one ;)

• Yay!
Reactions: archipelago, Whale_bones, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Reactions: archipelago, Whale_bones, hahabye and 1 other person
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Incoming:
Restraining Order

• Yay!
Reactions: archipelago, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, motel rooms and 2 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Sorry, Op, the community has deemed it acceptable to mock you despite the fact that you said that this is part of your reason.

We are very accepting and inclusive, as you can see.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MartyByrde, LastLoveLetter, hahabye and 3 others
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
Sorry, Op, the community has deemed it acceptable to mock you despite the fact that you said that this is part of your reason.

We are very accepting and inclusive, as you can see.
Don't worry I ignore all of the offensive replies.
I focus on those like you and life_and_death and Victoria and all those who offered me respectful advice and support.

• Love
Reactions: Cold, Elysium Searcher, LastLoveLetter and 2 others