• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
I'm a casual gamer on my Android os.

Seriously though the only 2 games I constantly play are:

Minion rush

Larva heroes:lavengers (I love the animations on utube and the game in addition)

Reactions: Message In A Bottle
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Oh, like when you look at each other's screen in multiplayer haha.

The only time I had a reality check like this was with Megaman, because bosses that apparently cost no one much were difficult for me, X3's Kaiser Sigma is still a the purgatory for me, I caught the trick faster on X4 and X8's Sigmas
I love Megaman, if you cant tell by the pic. Though I guess the Rokuman DASH series are hardly true Megaman games, but yeah I grew up playing all the old Megaman games, and I can agree they are definitely not easy.

I have Megaman X here that I've never played, thinking maybe it's time I have a go, after I at least ace Hill Zone on Sonic 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ringo
self.destractive

self.destractive

ick/icks, they/them
Dec 11, 2020
i play a lot of don't starve together (wes main even though i really shouldn't - i struggle even as usable characters), space station 13 (jannie main but i want to learn engineering!), and a LOT of bloons tower defense 6 when I listen to podcasts.
i really really rec ss13, i could gush about that game for hours. its a wonderful escape. hard to think about how scared and uncertain i feel about my real world future when im running around maintenance hallways trying not to get murdered by a changeling clown. its very overwhelming at first and theres a steep learning curve but once you get a hang of how the station runs, its a real treat! you can literally do so much, i see something new every round. its rp based, so world building and character creation potential is up the wazoo! i spend more time making funny little characters for it than actually playing sometimes haha- as for the community around it, im a little uncertain though, im not too active in it and it really depends on which server/codebase you are playing. the people on fulpstation are usually pretty nice and patient with newer players

i've recently been trying to play through some valve games like half-life and portal, but my attention span isnt kind to me! same with the sam and max games, i feel like im braindead when i try to solve things and figure things out.
i spent a lotta money on steam summer sale this year,, , is it a little sad to say that its keeping me going? like i need to play through everything at least once before i CTB right? otherwise it would be such a waste-

i also play roblox as a comfort thing lmao . if i want to turn my brain off i'll just become a mindless little drone and do tycoons for an hour or two while listening to spooky stories

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I love Megaman, if you cant tell by the pic. Though I guess the Rokuman DASH series are hardly true Megaman games, but yeah I grew up playing all the old Megaman games, and I can agree they are definitely not easy.

I have Megaman X here that I've never played, thinking maybe it's time I have a go, after I at least ace Hill Zone on Sonic 2.
I never really played the classics so I can't speak about them.

The first megaman I played were the Battle Network, that together with the fact that I loved the series, we even had a toy PET and stuff. I'm sure that I can include the BNs along with X, Zero and ZX when I say that Megaman may seem difficult but it's more a matter of adapting to the dynamics of the game. The first time I played Megaman X1 I found it very difficult, but now even with a vague memory I can defeat bosses using only the buster, and it's not something that makes me sweat blood.

Of course they have parts that are made to be fucked like the first jumps from X3's Doppler Stage 1. They are difficult games to tackle for the first time for if you aren't used to that type of 2D action games, but it is a matter of understanding your enemy, which also implies a trial and error process.

And of course, the Robotmaster/Mavericks weapons exists , the enemies weak to them sometimes do not last at all, I understand why this effectiveness system was modified until it was almost suppressed in later sagas, since it could make many bosses a joke.

Reactions: GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I never really played the classics so I can't speak about them.

The first megaman I played were the Battle Network, that together with the fact that I loved the series, we even had a toy PET and stuff. I'm sure that I can include the BNs along with X, Zero and ZX when I say that Megaman may seem difficult but it's more a matter of adapting to the dynamics of the game. The first time I played Megaman X1 I found it very difficult, but now even with a vague memory I can defeat bosses using only the buster, and it's not something that makes me sweat blood.

Of course they have parts that are made to be fucked like the first jumps from X3's Doppler Stage 1. They are difficult games to tackle for the first time for if you aren't used to that type of 2D action games, but it is a matter of understanding your enemy, which also implies a trial and error process.

And of course, the Robotmaster/Mavericks weapons exists , the enemies weak to them sometimes do not last at all, I understand why this effectiveness system was modified until it was almost suppressed in later sagas, since it could make many bosses a joke.
That's true, it takes a little while to settle in to the gameplay and get your reflexes going, before you start to really move along. I like that about Megaman, it's hard but not too hard that it makes you want to ragequit. Oh the series! I forgot about those, might have to have a look for them. The story lines are always interesting.

The old games are a bit simple and janky for today's standards, the first few Megaman games are so ancient and basic, but at the time they were awesome. The DASH/Legends series are the only ones that deviated from the platform genre but they're my favorite. Still haven't clocked part 2, but when I was younger I clocked part 1 a few times over, without even finding some of the key items, like the parts needed for Roll to build the rocket skateboard. Which is considered one of the most important items in the game. Goes to show how huge the game really was. The story was epic, truly a primitive masterpiece.

Apparently The Misadventures of Tron Bonne is also a great game, but it's really rare and I've only seen it once, for sale at the retro collect for a few hundred bucks.

Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

šŸ“œ Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Been playing my old childhood games - it was when life still had some meaning to it.

Old school animal crossing for GameCube & sonic hero's - Animal crossing wild world too.

Reactions: stupidmansuit
bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
i'm currently in love with Elden Ring and Omori. Their great games (though Omori can run on a potato pc, Elden Ring has a lot of lag unless you have a xbox so I recommend a game called Twelve Minutes instead, it's pretty nice though it's a short game it gets your brain working in a fun way.)

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
That's true, it takes a little while to settle in to the gameplay and get your reflexes going, before you start to really move along. I like that about Megaman, it's hard but not too hard that it makes you want to ragequit. Oh the series! I forgot about those, might have to have a look for them. The story lines are always interesting.

The old games are a bit simple and janky for today's standards, the first few Megaman games are so ancient and basic, but at the time they were awesome. The DASH/Legends series are the only ones that deviated from the platform genre but they're my favorite. Still haven't clocked part 2, but when I was younger I clocked part 1 a few times over, without even finding some of the key items, like the parts needed for Roll to build the rocket skateboard. Which is considered one of the most important items in the game. Goes to show how huge the game really was. The story was epic, truly a primitive masterpiece.

Apparently The Misadventures of Tron Bonne is also a great game, but it's really rare and I've only seen it once, for sale at the retro collect for a few hundred bucks.
That can be applied for the first games of the Saga X, even for games from just two generations ago like the first DMC or RE4, although now they seem a bit basic or rough in some aspects, it is incredible how well they can age and feel comfortable. Maverick Hunter X didn't undergo many substantial changes to the Gameplay and just focused on expanding, which is proof of how well X1 has aged over the years.

Just a few days ago I talked to a friend about the classic saga and he told me a something like that, the first game today feels weird. In any case, I am interested in trying it, the original Rockman is sooooooo cute and I took a certain liking to him since I play as him a lot in Smash since X is absent. Btw, it still seems sad to me that X has only been done justice in Project X Zone, in other crossovers like MvsCI it seems Capcom just tried hard to make him boring.

I can't say much about Legends because I didn't play them either, the biggest contact I had with them was in the Capcom, Tatsunoko and Marvel crossovers.

Btw, I finished X4 and the X-Challenges, I got platinum from the first X Legacy Collection, so my Maverick Huntress rank will be like X at the beginning of X5, B for Badass.

• Love
FlaxFlower

FlaxFlower

Cheeto tiger
May 19, 2021
Currently replaying Pokemon HeartGold for nostalgias sake, it's the one where the pokemon follow you around and I'm surprised they didn't keep up with that in the pokemon franchise!

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Been playing Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes. I've just finished the Golden Wildfire route and am currently in Scarlet Blaze. New Game+ has been making things hilariously easy but that's fine with me because I like things being hilariously easy otherwise I wouldn't be playing a musou game on Easy mode. It's eating up a lot of my time though which is why I'm here a lot less.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
That can be applied for the first games of the Saga X, even for games from just two generations ago like the first DMC or RE4, although now they seem a bit basic or rough in some aspects, it is incredible how well they can age and feel comfortable. Maverick Hunter X didn't undergo many substantial changes to the Gameplay and just focused on expanding, which is proof of how well X1 has aged over the years.

Just a few days ago I talked to a friend about the classic saga and he told me a something like that, the first game today feels weird. In any case, I am interested in trying it, the original Rockman is sooooooo cute and I took a certain liking to him since I play as him a lot in Smash since X is absent. Btw, it still seems sad to me that X has only been done justice in Project X Zone, in other crossovers like MvsCI it seems Capcom just tried hard to make him boring.

I can't say much about Legends because I didn't play them either, the biggest contact I had with them was in the Capcom, Tatsunoko and Marvel crossovers.

Btw, I finished X4 and the X-Challenges, I got platinum from the first X Legacy Collection, so my Maverick Huntress rank will be like X at the beginning of X5, B for Badass.
Absolutely, it doesn't matter how vintage it is, if it's a masterpiece. I like that they kept with the 2D sidescroller platform. Wow I'm really behind x) Saga X sounds boss!

I would recommend skipping the original Megaman if you want to throw back and try out a few of the old games, the original was kinda a flop, and not fun enough for the difficulty.

Megaman 2 is what really saved the franchise, and it got better from there. 2 and 3 are good, but brutally difficult unless you know the order to defeat the bosses. Wait, weren't you the one who told me which level to start with a few months ago? Or maybe it was @Dr Iron Arc ....

But yeah if you ever want a very different Megaman game, you've got to play Legends. It's got such a rich game play and story. It has famous voices in it including the actress who does voices for Pokemon and One Piece, she voices Bon Bonne https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Bon_Bonne. It will feel very weird at first, and the controls take a while to get used to, but it's so good once you dial it in. I've got the Japanese version, which is quite playable if you have already clocked the PAL version. And it actually runs smoother and makes more sense, Rock Man and Roll! (Rock n Roll!)

I'm guessing platinum is really good! Awesome, that would have taken some dedication and serious skill for sure.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Absolutely, it doesn't matter how vintage it is, if it's a masterpiece. I like that they kept with the 2D sidescroller platform. Wow I'm really behind x) Saga X sounds boss!
The X Saga is... Complicated. Some of its games went through a turbulent development and that ended up killing it, sadly. It has very good games, I love MHX, X4 and X8, some have weird systems like X5 but it's a fun game and curiously they also have quite good spinoffs like Command Mission and X-Treme duology. Luckily Megaman was resurrected thanks to the Legacy Collections, that opens up hope for X9 or an MHX2.

What I love about the Saga X is precisely, X and his friend Zero, I really like their relationship, the development that each one had from there and that even transcended until ZX. Personally, it brought me a tear to know that after so many tragedies, X's dream was fulfilled.
I would recommend skipping the original Megaman if you want to throw back and try out a few of the old games, the original was kinda a flop, and not fun enough for the difficulty.

Megaman 2 is what really saved the franchise, and it got better from there. 2 and 3 are good, but brutally difficult unless you know the order to defeat the bosses. Wait, weren't you the one who told me which level to start with a few months ago? Or maybe it was @Dr Iron Arc ....
There is a Rockman 1 remake for PSP, it could be an option to experience the first game, although I don't really know anything about it. Man, Capcom sure did make a lot of remakes on PSP early years.

742x1200

It probably had to be someone else, gameplay-wise, I just know the steel blade is broken in one of those games. Also, I always go for the boss who has the power that I like the most haha. That sometimes makes me fight bosses a bit fucked up using the base X-Buster.

But yeah if you ever want a very different Megaman game, you've got to play Legends. It's got such a rich game play and story. It has famous voices in it including the actress who does voices for Pokemon and One Piece, she voices Bon Bonne https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Bon_Bonne. It will feel very weird at first, and the controls take a while to get used to, but it's so good once you dial it in. I've got the Japanese version, which is quite playable if you have already clocked the PAL version. And it actually runs smoother and makes more sense, Rock Man and Roll! (Rock n Roll!)
Oh! His Japanese VA is the same as Chopper's!

Fair warning about the controls, but that is super common in games from that generation, it is rare to find a 3D game without weird controla or a strange camera. I wonder if Capcom would dare to do a Megaman Gems Collection like SEGA, a main game and a good load of spin-offs on a single disc, I mean, since they didn't include the spin-offs in the Legacy Collections...

I appreciate that in the Legacy Collections you can switch to the Japanese versions, the classic saga was very foolishly modified, it is something that is seen in the manuals, but X Saga was even more sullied. The whole background of the Counter Hunters was omitted.

I hope that Legends hasn't suffered that much, although as you say, it doesn't seem like that. For once the puns with Rock are maintained, in BN the pun of Rockman.exe and Lan was lost, since one was used by pressing R and the other L.

I'm guessing platinum is really good! Awesome, that would have
Thank you! While a lot of the difficulty comes from the game itself, the trophies aren't as wacky as some older remastered games. EHEM KH1 EHEM, but if there are some curious ones, like beating the X2's moth maverick without damaging its cocoon form or beating the Magma Centipede stage without taking damage from the alarm lights... Or cut Flame Mammoth's trunk hahaha.

The rookie mode can be used to make things easier, but once you use it even once per playthrough, certain trophies are locked and unobtainable on it. Personally, the X Challenges trophy is difficult, since you have to fight three battles against two Mavericks in a row, although it is very fun, the best fanservice. I wonder how it will work in the Zero/ZX collection.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Hollowmon

Hollowmon

Sad Girl
Jul 4, 2022
Borderlands 3
Large game with customization it makes for an ok distraction

aeri

aeri

š‘Ė”įµ’įµ›įµ‰ Ė¢įµ—įµƒŹ³įµ›įµ‰įµˆ įµ–Ź³ā±āæį¶œįµ‰Ė¢Ė¢
Jan 29, 2020
currently playing Cytus (on android) and Omori

i finished the new Kirby last week it was so good 100% recommend

I tried to play Chrono Cross on switch what a shame. how cant they be ashamed to release that. what an insult to Chrono Cross one of my favorite games

oh and for the nostalgia i read Katawa Shoujo. wholesome

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
The X Saga is... Complicated. Some of its games went through a turbulent development and that ended up killing it, sadly. It has very good games, I love MHX, X4 and X8, some have weird systems like X5 but it's a fun game and curiously they also have quite good spinoffs like Command Mission and X-Treme duology. Luckily Megaman was resurrected thanks to the Legacy Collections, that opens up hope for X9 or an MHX2.

What I love about the Saga X is precisely, X and his friend Zero, I really like their relationship, the development that each one had from there and that even transcended until ZX. Personally, it brought me a tear to know that after so many tragedies, X's dream was fulfilled.

There is a Rockman 1 remake for PSP, it could be an option to experience the first game, although I don't really know anything about it. Man, Capcom sure did make a lot of remakes on PSP early years.

View attachment 95445

It probably had to be someone else, gameplay-wise, I just know the steel blade is broken in one of those games. Also, I always go for the boss who has the power that I like the most haha. That sometimes makes me fight bosses a bit fucked up using the base X-Buster.

Oh! His Japanese VA is the same as Chopper's!

Fair warning about the controls, but that is super common in games from that generation, it is rare to find a 3D game without weird controla or a strange camera. I wonder if Capcom would dare to do a Megaman Gems Collection like SEGA, a main game and a good load of spin-offs on a single disc, I mean, since they didn't include the spin-offs in the Legacy Collections...

I appreciate that in the Legacy Collections you can switch to the Japanese versions, the classic saga was very foolishly modified, it is something that is seen in the manuals, but X Saga was even more sullied. The whole background of the Counter Hunters was omitted.

I hope that Legends hasn't suffered that much, although as you say, it doesn't seem like that. For once the puns with Rock are maintained, in BN the pun of Rockman.exe and Lan was lost, since one was used by pressing R and the other L.

Thank you! While a lot of the difficulty comes from the game itself, the trophies aren't as wacky as some older remastered games. EHEM KH1 EHEM, but if there are some curious ones, like beating the X2's moth maverick without damaging its cocoon form or beating the Magma Centipede stage without taking damage from the alarm lights... Or cut Flame Mammoth's trunk hahaha.

The rookie mode can be used to make things easier, but once you use it even once per playthrough, certain trophies are locked and unobtainable on it. Personally, the X Challenges trophy is difficult, since you have to fight three battles against two Mavericks in a row, although it is very fun, the best fanservice. I wonder how it will work in the Zero/ZX collection.
Hehe same! For ages I immediately went for the level with the boss who had the coolest sounding power, and kept wondering why it was so damn hard. Also didn't realise at fist that you have to go to the pause menu to equip the new power ups, so that made things pretty rough.

I've always thought capcom does well when they take the reigns. Yes the control system for Legends is weird, but like oldschool Doom once you get the hang of it, it works really well and adds to the overall enjoyment of the game. And if you look at Legends speed runs, they take advantage of the unique movement system.

I know what you mean. Surprisingly, the PAL version isn't too debased from the original. There's a few noticeable differences, but it's minor compared to many other games. The three main ones are, slighty darker colors in the PAL version, slightly slower game play in the PAL version, and certain cutscenes are different. For instance, you save Tron Bonne from a dog at one point, in the PAL version you always pat the dog and calm it down so he leaves Tron alone. In the Japanese version, you can choose to kick the dog like a soccer ball if you want and that works too haha.

Wow they lock trophies if you play on rookie mode? That's hardcore.

You've convinced me to bust out Megaman X and give it a go.

I should try to find a way to play Chrono Cross someday, I keep thinking about Chrono Trigger all the time.
I never had the chance to play Chrono Cross, is it on PSX? If so I can burn it.

Chrono Trigger is an amazing game. I just played it through a few months ago for the first time since childhood, such a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Doubt it was me since I've only ever played Mega Man 2 onceā€¦without ever switching powersā€¦ šŸ˜…

PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
Playing Minecraft. Maybe about to swap to Destiny or Metro.

Reactions: VirtualSnow
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
A shameful display. Here are some actually good games:

1. Skyrim. The king of replayability.
2. Hitman (2016 and onward). Decent replayability.
3. Battlefront 2. FPS/3PFS, meaning inherent replayability. Battlefield 3/1 or whatever (not 2042, lol).
4. Warhammer 40k Battlesector. Best tactics/strat game I've played.
5. Chivalry/Mordhau. Sword fun.
6. WoW. Time killer, life-stealer (based).
7. PUBG. Battle royale, Apex Legends is similar but free. Have not played Fortnite (and proud of it).
8. Siege. Strategic shooter, competitive. Throwing in Hunt: Showdown here, same tense vibe/competitive gaming, CS.
9. Dark souls trilogy. Kind of it's own thing.
10. A few CoDs (haven't played the latest ones but BO1/2 was bussin, fr). Can throw in more shooters like Killing Floor (2).
11. Dishonored (only the first). Single player story/stealth.
12. Yakuza 0 (rest is ok-ish, some bad, imo, but 0 is good). It's own genre almost, great ambiance.
13. GTA V still holds up for singleplayer (was never into the multiplayer tho). Throwing in RDR2 here, as well. Not great replayabilities.
14. Witcher (2)3, 2 is just to prep for 3. 3 is up there with the best RPGs.
15. Fallout NV. One of the best RPGs, hands down. Great replayability.
16. Mass Effect series. Great RPGs, low replayability for me personally.
17 Minecraft. Not really my thing recently.
18. Something like Guitar hero. Haven't played this for over ten years, also heard of something similar involving VR.
19. Something like MK or other fighting game. Not really my thing recently.
20. Something like FIFA. Not really my thing recently. Other sportsball games.

Any of the games on that list should at least not be immediately disappointing for a first-time player (unlike 99% of all games).

What is mostly left out here are probably some more games like Dishonored/Yakuza 0 that are story-driven with less replayability (BioShock, Splinter Cell, MGS, Deus Ex, etc). Also older games that don't hold up in terms of mechanics and graphics. Or games I feel like I can't be sure are good, if I only played them as a child or when otherwise impaired. Or games I just haven't played, (if there are any left).

What I'm playing now is some old star wars game, not great. I usually just replay one of the above (if I have it available) and listen to podcasts if it gets boring.

AprilieJalnic

AprilieJalnic

Mar 5, 2022
I just finished Max Payne 3. It was really awesome and i related a lot to the dude. I also finished Kane and Lynch Dead Men and like it.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I've always thought capcom does well when they take the reigns. Yes the control system for Legends is weird, but like oldschool Doom once you get the hang of it, it works really well and adds to the overall enjoyment of the game. And if you look at Legends speed runs, they take advantage of the unique movement system.
It shouldn't give me so much trouble, I used to play the first DOOM on my brother's PC when I was a brat haha.
I know what you mean. Surprisingly, the PAL version isn't too debased from the original. There's a few noticeable differences, but it's minor compared to many other games. The three main ones are, slighty darker colors in the PAL version, slightly slower game play in the PAL version, and certain cutscenes are different. For instance, you save Tron Bonne from a dog at one point, in the PAL version you always pat the dog and calm it down so he leaves Tron alone. In the Japanese version, you can choose to kick the dog like a soccer ball if you want and that works too haha.
It really is, as the translations weren't fixed until a generation later in Megaman Zero/BN/ X7 & X8. I mean, both Megaman Legends came out on the same console where Megaman X6 came out, whose translation quality is a crime against humanity, the game was rushed, but that's another topic. On the one hand they do that kind censorship, but then in X5 about half of the mavericks, roughly speaking, commit suicide by cop, that also applies to mavericks who are labeled as it by not virus related reasons. Then there's Vile, Boomer Kuwanger, Bit, Byte or Mattrex who just like to fight or kill because they're sociopaths.
Wow they lock trophies if you play on rookie mode? That's hardcore.

You've convinced me to bust out Megaman X and give it a go.
In the first XLC the trophies related to beat the games are locked if you use rookie mode, that includes the trophy for beat all the games in the collection and the one for finishing X4 as X without the ultimate Armor, 6 trophies. I think of it as an incentive for new players to beat the game without resorting to that mode. As far as I know, on the classic saga's Legacy Collection the save system worked almost like save states, so that's probably why they balanced it in the following collections.

In XCL2 there are more trophies that are locked if you use the rookie mode, among them the one for complete the first Final Stage (X5) without Darkhold (a timestop skill).
I wish you good luck, the X saga is somewhat turbulent but at the same time it is loved for a reason. XLC has many extras that are very welcome, but I think the safest option to start with is to try the Megaman X Collection for GC/PS2, it includes X1 to X6 and a few extras. If you can emulate it, it is a good option since it has a gallery and hints on how to obtain secrets upgrades in case you do not want to use external guides.

Last edited:
Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
Usually arma 3 but recently the group I'm gaming with have gravitated more towards escape from tarkov. It's punishing as all hell 90% of the time but the 10% when the planets align and the universe is with you is pure awesomeness.

If I just want to chill I usually go with valheim, star citizen, or satisfactory. Also been trying out elden ring but the dark souls concept isn't really appealing to me.

Reactions: setoursailsagain
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
It shouldn't give me so much trouble, I used to play the first DOOM on my brother's PC when I was a brat haha.

It really is, as the translations weren't fixed until a generation later in Megaman Zero/BN/ X7 & X8. I mean, both Megaman Legends came out on the same console where Megaman X6 came out, whose translation quality is a crime against humanity, the game was rushed, but that's another topic. On the one hand they do that kind censorship, but then in X5 about half of the mavericks, roughly speaking, commit suicide by cop, that also applies to mavericks who are labeled as it by not virus related reasons. Then there's Vile, Boomer Kuwanger, Bit, Byte or Mattrex who just like to fight or kill because they're sociopaths.

In the first XLC the trophies related to beat the games are locked if you use rookie mode, that includes the trophy for beat all the games in the collection and the one for finishing X4 as X without the ultimate Armor, 6 trophies. I think of it as an incentive for new players to beat the game without resorting to that mode. As far as I know, on the classic saga's Legacy Collection the save system worked almost like save states, so that's probably why they balanced it in the following collections.

In XCL2 there are more trophies that are locked if you use the rookie mode, among them the one for complete the first Final Stage (X5) without Darkhold (a timestop skill).
I wish you good luck, the X saga is somewhat turbulent but at the same time it is loved for a reason. XLC has many extras that are very welcome, but I think the safest option to start with is to try the Megaman X Collection for GC/PS2, it includes X1 to X6 and a few extras. If you can emulate it, it is a good option since it has a gallery and hints on how to obtain secrets upgrades in case you do not want to use external guides.
If you were playing original DOOM as a pup, that explains why you're so good at games now. Man, that game is brutally hard.

I have a bad habit of starting things on the hardest difficulty because I must like to punish myself or something. That's definitely a good incentive for people to play on the higher difficulties. That's one step further than a few other games I've played where they lock achievements if you use cheats, which is fair enough lol.

Oh yeah that makes sense. Save states are a life saver, especially for practicing speed runs, and almost like cheating if you know how to use them. Especially good when you've played games without the ability to save or use codes, like Rygar, and sometimes need to keep the console on for a week at a time.

Awesome, thanks! I think I'll try out X collection since I have a ps2 and should be able to burn them, fingers crossed.

• Hugs
F

Fayefaye

Jul 15, 2022
Picked up omori. It's apparently not great for someone in a bad mental state but Ive wanted to play it for forever and tbh, it can't really get much worse

Reactions: Message In A Bottle
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

Ų¬Ł‡Ų§ŲÆ
Feb 21, 2022
I just finished Stray today, really beautiful game.
Me too! I was pleasantly surprised.

I tried it out fully expecting to stop playing minutes in and get a refund, but I ended up finishing the game.

The aesthetic was beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: Lullaby