dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
You are missunderstanding this.

The video shows an absolutely perfect ctb with hang. After a few seconds, the arms drop because she passes out.

The strikes after that are normal and are part of the dying process when hanging
I think you're right. Alot of that movement was after she was unconsious.
Maybe not perfect though, the noose seemed a bit loose. Also its amazing how hers and others don't tear out the fan.

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
I've read put the noose below Adam's apple?
If you want a more painful death, place the noose below. If you want a more pleasant death, then about it.
It's a matter of personal preference. Everyone as they like it
I think you're right. Alot of that movement was after she was unconsious.
Maybe not perfect though, the noose seemed a bit loose. Also its amazing how hers and others don't tear out the fan.
You are of course right on that point.

And that with the fan is also inexplicable to me. It would never occur to me that he could take the weight.

Last edited:
rundschlinge78

rundschlinge78

Jul 30, 2020
I think the admins should get the wiki updated.
the guide on hanging focusses (too) strongly on partial (e.g. rope below adam's apple).
It would be good to have a clear explanation of the benefits and method for full suspension, short drop (e.g. rope as high as possible on neck, against the jaw; importance of lubrication and pre-tensioning, to make sure the noose tightens as much and as quickly as possible)...

• Hugs
Reactions: bob12, NotOkay_, death137 and 2 others
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
Beautiful words. I used to want this kind of death too then I realized that I couldn't be certain to overcome SI. You're totally resigned to your fate. I envy that.
You don't have to envy me because you can do it too. SI has no power over your actions if you are really convinced of it.

When it is absolutely clear to you at all times what you have planned and what the result of it is.

When you have thought very carefully about whether there is another way, but you haven't found one.

When you know very well that everything is worse than ctb, which releases you from everything.

It doesn't matter whether you are convinced that afterwards there will be nothing or whether you believe in paradise. If you then wish that more than life and are not afraid of it, then the SI no longer has any power over you

Reactions: death137, TimeToBiteTheDust and LifeSucks39
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
When you have thought very carefully about whether there is another way, but you haven't found one.

When you know very well that everything is worse than ctb, which releases you from everything.
These are the two milestones that I'm yet to cross. I'm not convinced there's no other way and some hope seems to exist. However the hope is fading fast. Soon I'll have nothing left and I'll just do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
I tried suspension hanging using a sheet. I fastened it to a door handle, threw it over and climbed up on a chair before putting it around my neck. I did a bit of a jump and kicked the chair as I did so. I remember thrashing around for a few seconds and being unable to breathe. It was very painful and I panicked. I don't know what happened but I woke up on the floor some time later extremely confused. I guess I must have come loose somehow. It was a crude setup but I didn't have a rope. I damaged my vocal chords and lost my voice for several weeks. They're still not right, a year on. There's a large mark on my wall which I must have scraped when I fell.

Everybody who says if you do x you will feel y I take with a pinch of salt. Nobody really knows how it's going to feel for you or what will happen. I don't want to live but I'm reluctant to try full suspension again. It was far from peaceful in my experience.

Reactions: Failedboy
OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
I think the admins should get the wiki updated.
the guide on hanging focusses (too) strongly on partial (e.g. rope below adam's apple).
It would be good to have a clear explanation of the benefits and method for full suspension, short drop (e.g. rope as high as possible on neck, against the jaw; importance of lubrication and pre-tensioning, to make sure the noose tightens as much and as quickly as possible)...

I agree with you. Full suspension hanging should receive as much respect and preparation as any other method.

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
I tried suspension hanging using a sheet. I fastened it to a door handle, threw it over and climbed up on a chair before putting it around my neck. I did a bit of a jump and kicked the chair as I did so. I remember thrashing around for a few seconds and being unable to breathe. It was very painful and I panicked. I don't know what happened but I woke up on the floor some time later extremely confused. I guess I must have come loose somehow. It was a crude setup but I didn't have a rope. I damaged my vocal chords and lost my voice for several weeks. They're still not right, a year on. There's a large mark on my wall which I must have scraped when I fell.

Everybody who says if you do x you will feel y I take with a pinch of salt. Nobody really knows how it's going to feel for you or what will happen. I don't want to live but I'm reluctant to try full suspension again. It was far from peaceful in my experience.
I don't want to offend you, but please don't speak against the method if it is your own fault that it was painful.
As you describe it, you made several mistakes.

Bad preparation can also fail a very simple method.

Reactions: Lupgevif, OrdinaryDay, Failedboy and 2 others
RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
Most people will make mistakes with this method. Unless you've done it yourself and somehow come back to tell a ghostly tale, nobody can say for sure which method of full suspension is painless and/or reliable.
No offence taken by the way. I'd love to drift off with partial suspension but I've been there, done that and it didn't work for me. I want to die but I don't want to slowly suffocate, or come to in a vegetative state.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFFP and Failedboy
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
Most people will make mistakes with this method. Unless you've done it yourself and somehow come back to tell a ghostly tale, nobody can say for sure which method of full suspension is painless and/or reliable.
No offence taken by the way. I'd love to drift off with partial suspension but I've been there, done that and it didn't work for me. I want to die but I don't want to slowly suffocate, or come to in a vegetative state.
That's exactly what I mean. Especially in partial it takes preparation and practice.

You can't just say it didn't work. You have to be honest and admit that you did it wrong.

The method is guaranteed to work and if performed correctly, it is guaranteed to be painless.

But it has to be done correctly!

Last edited:
OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019

I've put it through the test many times and I can say that it's pretty painless. I knew what I wanted to achieve with this method so I was slowly working towards my goal and eventually I perfected it.

Hanging uses physical principles so there will always be a pinch of discomfort, but it lasts only a few seconds before you complete faint.

If you struggle with hanging, there is a bunch of other methods that don't use physical laws to work.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt and Failedboy
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I've read of several attempts where the individual got the feeling that their head was "exploding". Would this simply be wrong configuration?

Failedboy

Failedboy

Aug 29, 2020
I've read of several attempts where the individual got the feeling that their head was "exploding". Would this simply be wrong configuration?
Maybe not "exploding" but I was feeling dull pain and pressure inside

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt and OnlyTheWind
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
This feeling arises when the pressure on the neck is too low.

It takes about 3kg of pressure to close the veins. And about 5kg of pressure to close off the somewhat deeper arteries.

If the pressure is sufficient, the arteries are closed and the brain no longer receives oxygen, and you become unconscious within 10-15 seconds.

If the pressure is too low, only the veins are closed, so the blood can no longer flow out and continues to be supplied through the arteries.

Any attempt with partial hanging that does not lead to unconsciousness or the feeling of pressure after 15 seconds should be canceled and restarted

Reactions: OnlyTheWind and Failedboy
Failedboy

Failedboy

Aug 29, 2020
This feeling arises when the pressure on the neck is too low.

It takes about 3kg of pressure to close the veins. And about 5kg of pressure to close off the somewhat deeper arteries.

If the pressure is sufficient, the arteries are closed and the brain no longer receives oxygen, and you become unconscious within 10-15 seconds.

If the pressure is too low, only the veins are closed, so the blood can no longer flow out and continues to be supplied through the arteries.

Any attempt with partial hanging that does not lead to unconsciousness or the feeling of pressure after 15 seconds should be canceled and restarted
It happened on my partial hanging attempt; afterwards I had a lot of petechia as sign of increased blood pressure inside head