• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Chapter 6 shows the co-gen set up.
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1lrOLAClRFPC57rIZd8Q0nT9yu_IAqW6u?usp=sharing

Some people say the CO produced should be washed by letting it bubble up through water to remove any acid vapours. This basic cogen mixing device doesn't do that though.

Re 85% formic, yes that is normal. The other 15% will be some kind of preservatives to stop the acid breaking down into it's two parts whilst in the bottle. Even so, formic comes with a use-by date as it will degrade, I think it's got a 2 to 3 year lifespan once produced. The bottle will have the expiry date on.

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Do you mean test the acids to see if they contain the right ingredients/percentages?
I have no idea how to do this except from what it says on the label.

I don't have a CO meter, can I just double the amount you recommend and go from there?

Also, looking online most of the tents feature the word "breathable fabric". Does that mean the CO will leak out?. I don't know anything about tents but it says the waterproof level is way above 3000.
So its not good to just mix the two chemicals in one bowl? Wouldnt it do the job ok?

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
You should use as much sulphuric as you can. At least double the formic amount. Otherwise the reaction will slow or stop as the sulphuric gets diluted by the water that was in the formic molecule.
Formic is h2o+Co
Are you saying i need to use 200ml formic and 400ml sulphuric for a car? Also is it bad to just mix the two chemicals without any equipment?

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Or you mean 400 formic and 800 sulphuric? For a small car i need that much?
You should use as much sulphuric as you can. At least double the formic amount. Otherwise the reaction will slow or stop as the sulphuric gets diluted by the water that was in the formic molecule.
Formic is h2o+Co

Reactions: lv-gras
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Are you saying i need to use 200ml formic and 400ml sulphuric for a car? Also is it bad to just mix the two chemicals without any equipment?
That's the right ratio yes.
I did read a case of a guy that mixed it in a bowl in a bedroom, he died. His father came in, he died. Mother came in, she....collapsed and lived after hospital treatment. So yes, people have just mixed it in a bowl.

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
That's the right ratio yes.
I did read a case of a guy that mixed it in a bowl in a bedroom, he died. His father came in, he died. Mother came in, she....collapsed and lived after hospital treatment. So yes, people have just mixed it in a bowl.
Im confused you told me to double the amount but 200ml formic and 400 sulphuric should be enough for a car right? I just need final comfirmation

bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
IMG 20180829 020442
Im confused you told me to double the amount but 200ml formic and 400 sulphuric should be enough for a car right? I just need final comfirmation
No, what I meant was use double the amount of sulphuric to formic.
So 100ml/200ml or 200ml/400ml, 250ml/500ml
Any of those, depending on the space your using.

This pph result used 150/250 in car. At 12,000ppm death in 3 minutes. So you can count how many minutes it stays above 12,000.

Last edited:
A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Is
View attachment 714

This pph result used 150/250 in car. At 12,000ppm death in 3 minutes. So you can count how many minutes it stays above 12,000.
In case of doing it in a car im worried we will convulse and cause the chemicals to fall out of bowl. What are the chance our bodies will convulse with this method or would we just go unconscious completely?

24 Hour Store

24 Hour Store

Aug 18, 2018
Is

In case of doing it in a car im worried we will convulse and cause the chemicals to fall out of bowl. What are the chance our bodies will convulse with this method or would we just go unconscious completely?

What about holding your breath whilst pouring it and quickly putting the bowl under the passenger seat so it can't be reached?

bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
It would be best to place the bowl away from where you can knock it over. If you have a hatchback car then in the rear, mix it, slam the boot, get in passenger seat and lay back.

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
I
It would be best to place the bowl away from where you can knock it over. If you have a hatchback car then in the rear, mix it, slam the boot, get in passenger seat and lay back.
Is it ok to open the door after mixing the chemicals? Im thinking of putting it on the front seat floor

bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Opening the door won't matter. In that chart there was zero co showing after one minute. Yes, front floor of the other seat and you can't knock it by accident.

StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I thought some might find this interesting...skip towards the end of the video and they explain exactly what happens and the symptoms as far as H2S is concerned.

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
In
View attachment 714

In that case isnt it better to go in the car after 5 mins or does it not really matter cos i heard if the co level isnt high enough you suffer

Reactions: yellowjasmine88
A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
In

In that case isnt it better to go in the car after 5 mins or does it not really matter cos i heard if the co level isnt high enough you suffer
What i want to know is will this be relatively peaceful death

G

gopher

Aug 19, 2018
Chapter 6 shows the co-gen set up.
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1lrOLAClRFPC57rIZd8Q0nT9yu_IAqW6u?usp=sharing

Some people say the CO produced should be washed by letting it bubble up through water to remove any acid vapours. This basic cogen mixing device doesn't do that though.

Re 85% formic, yes that is normal. The other 15% will be some kind of preservatives to stop the acid breaking down into it's two parts whilst in the bottle. Even so, formic comes with a use-by date as it will degrade, I think it's got a 2 to 3 year lifespan once produced. The bottle will have the expiry date on.

The pictures in this PDF explain why you want to wash out the acid fumes: http://medlib.mef.hr/2719/1/bakovic_m_et_al_rep_2719.pdf
FYI: That guy also used 85% formic acid.
And I still think KOH solution (20-25%) is better than water for washing out the acid fumes. Can anyone confirm?

G

gopher

Aug 19, 2018
S

Sorry im really stupid. Can you describe in simple words what happens if i dont wash out acid fumes?

Well, if you're too near to the reaction you'll possibly get hurting corrosive burns before you die. But I don't really know what the guy in that pdf really did, perhaps he did manage to get the formic acid into his face somehow...

Deutsch

Deutsch

Aug 20, 2018
Argh i cant seem to purchase the damn items cos im not part of a company its so cruel! We should all have means of dying peacefully!
you can buy formic off ebay as an individual, and sulphuric comes in common drain cleaners , i believe you can order them off Amazon if you are UK (i saw a post on 8ch) but if not they should be at your local market

PeakyBlinder

PeakyBlinder

Sep 6, 2018
I don't understand. Why do people bother so much with charcoal while there is this method?

Is it availability? Fear of acidic fumes? Fear of burns and what not?

People keep quoting this one article where a guy exited with this method. That guy had blood in his stomach, acid burns on his face. He must have drank the chems otherwise CO doesn't do that.

Deutsch

Deutsch

Aug 20, 2018
I don't understand. Why do people bother so much with charcoal while there is this method?

Is it availability? Fear of acidic fumes? Fear of burns and what not?

People keep quoting this one article where a guy exited with this method. That guy had blood in his stomach, acid burns on his face. He must have drank the chems otherwise CO doesn't do that.
i agree, it's mixing 2 liquids so easy, what is going on here?

PeakyBlinder

PeakyBlinder

Sep 6, 2018
i agree, it's mixing 2 liquids so easy, what is going on here?
Kind of too easy, maybe that's why people don't bother. Or maybe chemicals are unknown and scary.

The methods that came up in my mind the first time were, cutting wrists, jumping front of train. I'm glad I did my research.

I think we are not alone im this one Deutch, thinking it's too easy there must be MAJOR drawbacks we don't know of yet.

Deutsch

Deutsch

Aug 20, 2018
Kind of too easy, maybe that's why people don't bother. Or maybe chemicals are unknown and scary.

The methods that came up in my mind the first time were, cutting wrists, jumping front of train. I'm glad I did my research.

I think we are not alone im this one Deutch, thinking it's too easy there must be MAJOR drawbacks we don't know of yet.
yeah, its chemicals,, people think acids like these is hard to get, but they are very easy, and cheap, and accessible. and not many people see this thread, it is not bumped very often, nor the 8ch thread, i think this is explanation

S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I like the sound of this rather than waiting so long for charcoal. I'm finding it difficult to find the acids without having to register with a lab supplier etc. Not bothered about having to register just not sure what they require to be allowed to register

bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
I feel an odd link/loyalty to do it the japanese way with charcoal. They inspired my interest, research, testing and I've even bought a small japanese car for the job. I can't let them down now, I'd feel such a traitor.

And of course the confimed success from here last week (no names) just adds even more evidence. I also don't fancy any formic fumes up my nose. Also ordering acids to who I live with will be tricky, it comes in hazard warning boxes all labled up incase of a van fire or crash so the fire dept know what hazard they're dealing with. The people I live with always take the post in and sign for stuff. There is no way I could account for ordering such things.