• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

ErnestPobjoy

May 9, 2021
Hi there! My name's Michael! I hate to give advice just as much as I hate to recieve advice. I probably think I know better than everyone else BUT I've been thinking about something I used to do to deal with life, to deal with suicidal thoughts and it often really worked well.
I have an account on YouTube with some films of myself on it. I would sometimes do a search there on a topic which came into my head - "organic gardening" or "jesus prayer healing" or "upside down pineapple cake." I would then scroll through the results and discount any films which had thousands of views. I was looking for films which had perhaps around or less than 100 views and films which had been uploaded recently.
I also checked to see if the channel member replied to comments left for him/ her and I'd discount any films where no such replies were written You don't want to be wasting your time with people who upload films and the not engage with their audience when they post comments!
Then, I would introduce myself by thanking them for uploading their short film and writing that I hope they didn't mind if I wrote about my situation and consider including me in their thoughts and prayers. I would write about my conditions of acute anxiety and depression, mention my suiicidal thoughts and perhaps the fact that I had attempted suicide for the first time in 2020. I might add that some people may find it strange that I introduced myself to a strnager in such a way but I felt compelled to reach out and ask for help. I said that I knew it was the best way to deal with my situation, to reach out to people rather than sit and dwell on dark, negative thoughts.
The energy I received from people all over the world when I wrote such comments was staggering and I was able to enjoy myself and overcome suicidal thoughts and anxiety after posting such a comment if only for a day or two. One less day in hell!

Reactions: k75 and Sensei
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It is an interesting observation that people who post videos are already reaching out and people with few responses would likely welcome a connection. Kudos on finding a way to connect with others in a world where we are becoming rapidly more isolated.

Reactions: k75 and Sensei