• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

imdoneforreal

Apr 24, 2024
I think you are right. Any person who is forced to experience prolonged suffering will eventually have thoughts of CTB regardless of how mentally healthy they started out. My therapist even told me that CTB is just your brains way of trying to escape prolonged pain. However, some people might argue that prolonged suffering can cause mental illness. Also, illnesses like depression aren't always a result of chemical imbalance and some chemically imbalanced people wouldn't be considered mentally ill. I think I personally believe that mentally healthy people generally do not want to CTB, but there are always exceptions to every rule.
Absolutely. My mental health had never been better until everything started crumbling in November. I am not depressed because of a chemical imbalance, I'm depressed because of my life circumstances. So it's funny when they want to medicate you. It solves nothing when the circumstances are the problem. And I've already evaluated life with these unchangable circumstances. "Hanging in there" because "there is ALWAYS a solution" is not always true. And maybe I would have said that shit in the past but not anymore. Anything can happen and many problems have no solution. No one wanted a solution more than me. I fought hard until it became apparent there was none.

AlexYaBoy

AlexYaBoy

The Lord of Dribblers
Mar 11, 2024
Did you know that...

Depressed People:

Are more likely to arrive at suicidal ideation, but that they don't attempt or succeed as often as...

Objective/Rational Suiciders:

The people who look at their life's surrounding circumstances and just decide "Nah. Not sticking around. Won't be worth it."

W

wsx-rt

Apr 17, 2024
I was discussing this with a friend earlier today, I was wondering what you guys thought.

My friend believes that suicidal thoughts/ideation are just symptoms of an illness. She thinks that mentally well people will never think of suicide, no matter what happens in their life. She believes that suicidal thoughts are an illness in itself.

However I disagree, I think suicide is a result of suffering, not illness. I think her stance is quite offensive actually, belittling our pain to a chemical inbalance, ignoring the trauma and suffering we've had to endure.

But I suppose medically speaking, healthy people do not want to die.

What do you think?
I believe that there are two options for suicidal thoughts, the first is really an illness, when a person wants to kill himself, this is a mental illness, and the second is when a person has long been tired of suffering and torment and there is no other way out if the illness is incurable, for example mental illness, schizophrenia, then the person wants to die so that all the torment and suffering will end. It is a pity that mentally ill people do not have the opportunity to come to a medical institution and ask for euthanasia, because this is humane, I believe that euthanasia in this case should be allowed , after all, only loneliness, illness and suffering await such people
I agree to this.

Maybe the view of your friend is one of the problems why people even suicide. They just call us mentally ill and distance themselves from us. I find it so arrogant and I honestly wish there is reincarnation so these entitled people will learn what suffering means.
I agree, because only those who feel it can understand about suffering and torment, so I believe that there should be a humane attitude towards this, the opportunity to die with dignity

Last edited:
S

sylvaticus

Mar 10, 2024
Existential dread drives some people to suicide. I don't know if it's categorized as an illness in the DSM or ICD

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

May 2, 2024
What do you think?
I kind of agree with you, but I can see the argument that since it goes against our natural survival instincts to want to die, it's inherently a disordered/unwell thought to have. I'm not sure if I agree with that, but I can get where it's coming from.