I'm a lie

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Immensevoid and Praestat_Mori
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
@Uesugi-Lord I find Yoshinobu in particular interesting because he was the last in a long line of rulers and with his downfall as shogun the entire shogunate vanished soon after. He lived in tumultuous times and was forced to resign because of the circumstances he found himself in. He wasn't half bad as a politician and history played out differently perhaps he would have stayed in office and the shogunate lasted for a bit longer. There is something fascinating about people who are the last of their kind.

Originally I wanted to name myself after Kenshin as well because he is my all time favourite sengoku daimyo but the name was already taken by you. I also thought about something like "Tiger of Kai" because I adore Shingen just as much.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
hikikomori-

hikikomori-

Sep 10, 2023
It's how I've been living my life for the last 4 years.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Immensevoid
D

Deleted member 65988

Originally I wanted to name myself after Kenshin as well because he is my all time favourite sengoku daimyo but the name was already taken by you. I also thought about something like "Tiger of Kai" because I adore Shingen just as much.
Ahaha, the Dragon and the Tiger but you cannot forget the Lion of Sagami in Hojo Ujiyasu who really brought the Odawara Hojo forward as a key daimyo in the politics and military happenings in the Kanto. Masatora is definitely in my top three along with Nobunaga and Motonari.
because he was the last in a long line of rulers and with his downfall as shogun the entire shogunate vanished soon after.
From ienari onwards, the Bakufu began to falter plus later shoguns weren't as inclined to be involved on politics and left it to Roju or Tairo. He was only shogun for less than a year but what Ieyasu established centuries before was unprecedented so he definitely was the last in a long line of rulers, not just the Tokugawa Shoguns but Muromachi and Kamakura included as well even if the Minamoto Shoguns were wiped out in 20 years or so from Yoritomos death in 1199.
He wasn't half bad as a politician and history played out differently perhaps he would have stayed in office and the shogunate lasted for a bit longer
Maybe he would've but a part of me thinks he seemed resigned to retirement which is why Edo was handed over the imperial court family without retirement but Iesato would've taken over had Yoshinobu prolonged the Bakufus existence for another 15 years or so. My favorite Tokugawa Shogun has to be Yoshimune because he basically gave the Bakufu a midlife refresh in the Kyoho reforms

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Cloud busting is a song by Kate Bush. The lyric "I just know that something good is gonna happen. I don't know when, but just saying it could even make it happen" is my mantra when I fall on hard times.

I used to be pinkribbonscars, which is a reference to the song Today by The Smashing Pumpkins. Today is about committing suicide. I made a good bye thread and attempted to hang myself on a tree branch on august 28th. I survived and decided not to attempt again and focus on recovery. Kate Bush's cloud busting is symbolic of that.

• Love
Reactions: Freyja13, Deleted member 65988, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 1 other person
C

canGrew

Sep 9, 2023
Mine is canGrew I don't want to grow up and face the world that's why I'm on this

vaspertine

vaspertine

Nov 22, 2022
vespertine is the bjork album i love but that was taken so i used vaspertine 🌸

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ddn.ctb and Cloud Busting
D

deep_end

How've you been?
Sep 9, 2023
Mine is a reference to the song Deep End by Stray Kids' Felix (yeah, I listen to kpop, don't judge me)

When I heard the lyrics I felt it perfectly represents my feelings. Would definitely recommend even if you don't like the kpop genre

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230911_181529_Spotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20230911_181529_Spotify.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230911_181534_Spotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20230911_181534_Spotify.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
Reactions: ddn.ctb, twatingthroughlife and sserafim
embrace_release

embrace_release

end me
Mar 13, 2021
I joined in 2021, at the bottom of my mental health looking for resources on how to do it. I was in need of an alias I didn't use before online, so the first thing top of my mind was how willing I was to go at the moment.
I wanted to release the thin rope of life I was holding onto, embracing death. I embraced my release from hope, pain and agony. 3 years later not a bit of that has changed.
I actually intended it as a temporary name but it stuck with me and now people know me by this alias, so I kept it.

Reactions: real human being
Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
Left behind by people and left behind in life. I've recently been abandoned by some online friends who I cared about but they lost interest in me. I never had a genuine friendship irl. Im left behind in life because I missed most of the milestones I should've hit by this point. I feel years behind most of my peers.

Reactions: ddn.ctb
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
My user name is my cats! So yeah it means the world to me :)

notsurewhyimalive

notsurewhyimalive

did I choose it? or was it chosen for me?
May 27, 2023
Vault is the name of the character i made up to represent me. he is my favorite of my characters.
what's his mbti?

• Hugs
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023
It's the name of a witch from the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magika.

Spoilers: Nux Walpurgis was a witch consisted of many other witches that stuck together and turned into a very powerful being. The sound they make sounds like maniac laughing, but in reality its the sound of every witch wailing together.

Sorry for the infodumb, I just love this anime :ahhha:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lycheeginger and ddn.ctb
kaidatenn

kaidatenn

Kai kinda like the nitrite taste
Sep 19, 2023
Kaidaten, life the creator of all monsters and beasts.
Because life is a monster to kai.
Is from the manhwa shin angyo onshi

Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
Didn't knew what to pick so i just took the name of the song i was listening to while creating the account and it just fits.
"Morgengrauen" means Dawn in german but this song title was intent to be a word pun. "grauen" means also "horror", meaning the song title and URL if translated correct with the pun in mind it would be Morning horrors instead of Dawn.

• Hugs
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
Mine is probably self-explanatory for this website.. lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ddn.ctb
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
I chose my name because throughout my life I have had to pretend everything was OK for everyone else. Anytime I show even a hint of sadness, people are all over me with the "what's up?"s and the "if you need to talk" bullshit. I just want to be left to my sadness and not have to pretend. Just so everyone around me can be comfortable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, bridgegirl and ddn.ctb
dumbgirlonline

dumbgirlonline

Nighty Night Princess
Sep 30, 2023
got called a "dumb bitch online" by someone dear to me

but Dumbbitchonline seemed a bit too vulgar so I settled on DumbGirlOnline

I'm thinking about changing it but it's sorta grown on me a bit too hehe

• Hugs
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
'Greebo' is a character from one of my favourite books.
(He is a large , spoilt , clever , loveable cat)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
I

IBM0000

Oct 10, 2023
Mine is ddn.ctb

ddn. Means drop dead now. It's the words I intend to tell myself as I step off my stool to hang.

Then I just catch the bus and I'm free
IBM, Incest Brother Motherfucker. Because I sexually abused four of my five youngest siblings but no one knows so I didn't get beaten to death unfortunately and I am not about to take the masquerade of a normal family off by directly jumping in a pool or whatever, I am gonna make it seem accidental so my family doesn't get embarrased

• Hugs
G

Goldy

Sep 20, 2023
used to play this online game a lot, really special to me, a time where i was really happy, and my name is the same name on that game.

movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
Movin out is a Billy Joel song. To me, it's a song about moving out of your living situation to go to a new place because the current situation seems pointless.

Betelgeuse8000

Betelgeuse8000

Professional Ape
Oct 17, 2023
Betelgeuse is a star that's set to go supernova sometime relatively soon cosmologically speaking, and the year 8000 (at least in the hebrew calendar) is when the world is going to end according to the apocryphal Book of the Secrets of Enoch (2 Enoch: 33)

On a more meta level, the username of my main online presence is a number and a star, so I thought replicating that format here would be a funny easter egg for some data-miner or PI to notice after this is all settled.
Yeah, I know you're there. This was bound to happen eventually.

My pfp isn't nearly as clever, its just a slightly cropped version of the cover art of the album I was listening to when making my account (Karma by Kamelot) with the face censored with the phrase Memento Mori, which itself is self-explanatory (or at least explainable via a quick google search).

Reactions: lycheeginger, Praestat_Mori and ddn.ctb
Saxenomorph

Saxenomorph

Life's not fair, is it?
Mar 2, 2023
Two things i like (also my pfp)

moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
My head is perpetually stuck in the clouds, especially on Mondays

• Love
Reactions: lycheeginger and Praestat_Mori
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
Already explanatory if you search it up

princexhhn

princexhhn

call me prince
Sep 26, 2023
couldnt think of a user lol. but the name i use here is prince (its not my irl name LOL just so ppl dont find me)