• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I think I have experienced this before in the past once I heard about it/watched a video explaining spiritual psychosis and how common it is now in spaces about religion and spirituality online

do any you have any experience with spiritual psychosis?

feel free to go into detail I find this topic interesting

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Rocinante
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I don't entirely know if im on the money chap but sometimes i get a really spiritual mindset but it often involves intense peace and feelings of killing myself for some higher plane.

Thats how it feels in my mind, a suppressant kicks in and warps my feelings on things into more extreme variants like a manic episode, spirituality.

Is that what you mean, kinda?

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I don't entirely know if im on the money chap but sometimes i get a really spiritual mindset but it often involves intense peace and feelings of killing myself for some higher plane.

Thats how it feels in my mind, a suppressant kicks in and warps my feelings on things into more extreme variants like a manic episode, spirituality.

Is that what you mean, kinda?
this is interesting

I think the meaning varies

for example the lady/situation in the video I watched mentioned that a lady was convinced that a psychic she saw was sending her mixed messages about being in a relationship and stuff about psychic attacks from him

I kind of relate to yours actually except I had the belief that if I should continue to suffer more as much and as intensely as possible instead of dying because dying would the reward for suffering rather than a punishment or self harm

and "if I really hated myself enough I wouldn't die"

and some stuff relating to how maybe select people are chosen to suffer and it is unique to them in a spiritual sense and is a test from God or some higher power/force/or entity

I don't really know how to explain it because this was many months to a year ago

(also I was wondering where you were ! haven't seen your posts/comments in a while)

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSpookyNameGuy
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
I experienced this 2 years ago, right after ctb attempt decided that higher powers "saved me for a reason" and started some sort of 24/7 research on spiritual topics. Not even a few months later, went into some sort of manic episode, not giving a damn attitude was something I can't even describe. It reminds of passive ideation. Went from "I wanna die oh let me die" to "my destiny is to suffer and I gonna make this life as horrible as it can get". Ever since, yeah, that episode had passed, but the consequences.. I still live in the same mindset.

Reactions: psp3000 and TheSpookyNameGuy
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
this is interesting

I think the meaning varies

for example the lady/situation in the video I watched mentioned that a lady was convinced that a psychic she saw was sending her mixed messages about being in a relationship and stuff about psychic attacks from him

I kind of relate to yours actually except I had the belief that if I should continue to suffer more as much and as intensely as possible instead of dying because dying would the reward for suffering rather than a punishment or self harm

and "if I really hated myself enough I wouldn't die"

and some stuff relating to how maybe select people are chosen to suffer and it is unique to them in a spiritual sense and is a test from God or some higher power/force/or entity

I don't really know how to explain it because this was many months to a year ago

(also I was wondering where you were ! haven't seen your posts/comments in a while)
I guess mine is similar, more just the rational part of me telling me to get it over with i suppose though.

I um left for a bit, im going through a large scale black hole of existential crises, over and over into madness.

Not the kind of fear mind you, just i look up at the stars and wish someone or something would atleast give me answers. I hate looking out into the universe, i hate it.

I see in every star a potential branch of "what could have beens" knowing i get such a short pointless stint on a decaying planet of death and misery.

I hate playing video games too, im reminded of my pointlessness.

So thats why i vanished for a while haha šŸ˜„ šŸ˜‚

• Hugs
J

jungman

Dec 24, 2023
I spent about 3 years towing the line between spiritual psychosis and sanity, I can't speak about the depths like some can(fortunately, though I'm jealous of the few who've gone all the way down and still managed to return to this world), but I know what the other side looks like about as well as anyone can while still remaining "sane".

I wish I had more to offer for all my experience. One thing that is very important is this: the deeper you go into the depths or spirit or unconscious or whatever you wanna call it, the stronger your foothold in the "real" world needs to be. By this I mean you need things grounding you in reality; relationships, meaningful work, community, etc. When you are tempted to fall all the way down into the depths, and you will be if you explore long enough, these are the things you'll be afraid to lose, you'll grasp for them and if they are strong enough they will be able to pull you back up.

Some people think you need to sever earthly connections in order to explore the depths of the spirit, this is the easiest way to go deeper, but if you want to remain sane and functioning in this world you need strong connections to it. This is why I've never gone as deep as I'd like, I'm quite isolated and I'm aware of how fragile my tether to reality is. I play a risky game even going as deep as I do(which is nothing compared to some), but I've learned a lot about the barrier between inner and outer, or whatever you'd like to call it, and I can understand the writings of people who have taken the plunge(whether they describe it in religious, spiritual, or scientific terms, it's all just different words mapped onto the same phenomena).

Sorry I kinda just ended up talking about myself. If you have any specific questions that someone with my limited depth of experience could answer then please ask, this is my favorite topic. If you're just curious about others experiences I'd be happy to write that out as well, it will be a very long post though lol

• Informative