• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I have two, both related to psychosis:

"You just have an over active imagination"

This one just annoys me :/

"You can't have psychosis because people with psychosis always talk and/or rant openly about it."

The reason why I don't mention or talk much about my psychotic symptoms or experiences is because people usually don't understand, plus I've had bad experinces when talking about it before, like ppl getting mad at me or using it against me, so I find it safer to just keep it to myself. I feel like I'm not the only one either, witch is why I'm almost certain that this statement has to be false.

ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
"You're bipolar." (Medical professionals making implications and misunderstanding my condition. I don't even fit the criteria)
"You have BPD. You have ADHD. You're crazy." (armchair psychologist idiot. I have neither)
"You just need to get medicated." (with the implication that would be the panacea. I've tried, ended badly)
"You're just choosing to be stubborn/difficult/refuse treatment." (psychiatrist)

"It will get better. I'm sorry you can't see that right now." (therapist, like a broken record)

"You have to take medication or we won't let you leave." (psych ward. I refused to take anything and knew I was well within my rights to do so. I wasn't being unruly in the sense I was just calmly saying no, while they were trying to manipulate me, denying me food, and verbally abusing me over it)

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
"I don't think you are trying hard enough. If you supposedly are, then go get meds"

I have no money, and no one will pay for me. I don't expect it. So leave me alone.

Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
'Yes, you're unhappy but, you're not clinically depressed like this person.'

Really? How do you know? Can you see inside my mind? Can you see inside theirs? Are you qualified to diagnose depression? Do doctors even know what it is?!! Do you assume I'm telling you everything I'm feeling? What makes you think I'm not masking some of it? Do you only have depression if it's been diagnosed by a doctor?

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
'Yes, you're unhappy but, you're not clinically depressed like this person.'

Really? How do you know? Can you see inside my mind? Can you see inside theirs? Are you qualified to diagnose depression? Do doctors even know what it is?!! Do you assume I'm telling you everything I'm feeling? What makes you think I'm not masking some of it? Do you only have depression if it's been diagnosed by a doctor?
This reminds me of when a psychiatrist I had several years ago would tell me I couldn't have depression coz I was functioning too well and able to get out of bed everyday. I think he forgot that high functioning depression is a thing, smh -_-
I hate it when they assume you can't have something just bc it doesn't fit the typical textbook image of it. :/

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
"Everyone experiences that"
I've gotten this and variations of it ("That's normal", "A lot of young people go through that", etc.) before too, and it's like...ok? How is that supposed to make me feel better? Even if it was true, that would just be further proof of the undesirability of existence, which makes me want to CTB even more.

I guess their goal is to make you feel less alone but instead it just comes off as dismissive.

Reactions: sserafim
vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
"Everyone experiences that"
I hate that. The dose makes the poison. For example, the ability to fit in and make friends is a spectrum that everyone falls somewhere on. Some people experience struggles occasionally, some people fall on the far ends; finding their tribe has always happened automatically for them, or it's never happened and they feel it's impossible because they only have lived experience of failing to find genuine human connection. My problemz r worse than ur problemz, and such.

C

ConfusedClouds

Mar 9, 2024
Its not 'incorrect' but it sets me off -

"As long as you try your best/hardest"
I can always detail ways I could have tried harder/more/better, so I usually feel worse.

That and the whole attitude of 'reframing' - trying to see how things 'aren't so bad' for you. Great, so I feel like shit and things aren't even 'bad' for me.

Reactions: clown_17