• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

ertn

Aug 17, 2022
If you are using an air regulator (SCBA/SCUBA), you need 1 adapter in the cylinder to regulator connection.
If you are using a nitrogen regulator, you need 1 adapter in the regulator to demand valve connection.
You never need 2 adapters at the sime time.
Yes, that's right. The adapter for the cylinder is easy to get.

This makes it easy to build a SCUBA setup, for example.

The adapter or modification for the SCBA plug in port is more difficult unless you buy a modified ready kit.

I think the best way is to buy a ready made SCBA kit or choose a SCUBA set up with adapter.

The advantage of SCUBA is that many tried-and-tested branded devices are available everywhere.

Last edited:
Aardvark

Aardvark

Apr 26, 2022
Good evening all you good people out there. I'm going to CTB in the next 10 days using the exit bag method. Can anyone tell me if Argon and Nitrogen will have exactly the same effect as far as speed. ease of use, pain and suffering is concerned?

Many thanks!

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
My experience was that I soon began to feel tingling in my hands, as if they were falling asleep. A short moment later I began to get dizzy, and my vision went grey around the edges. Each of the three times I have attempted this method, that's as far as I got before I flinched and removed the bag.

I did not experience any pain whatsoever, and no real discomfort aside from the mild tingling in my hands.

I do not believe I have suffered any ill effects from three aborted attempts. I had a bit of a cough for a couple days after my third attempt, but I can't say for sure whether that was attributable to the N2. It concerns me only in that this method demands that you be able to breathe freely in order for it to be effective, and I don't want to have ruined my chances to use it later, when I have summoned my courage.

My greatest difficulty is that I have been very stressed during my attempts, and could not keep my breathing steady and deep. This undoubtedly lengthened the amount of time it should have taken for me to black out.

In the stress of the situation, I experienced time dilation —in other words, I can't tell you how long it took for me to feel dizzy; it might have been five seconds, it might have been a minute and a half. It wasn't very long —but it was long enough for me to flinch.

From my experience, this is as painless, comfortable, and potentially peaceful a way to ctb as it is rumored to be. The only drawbacks that I can see are that it requires a lot of equipment —cylinder, regulator, hose, bag— and that there is a surprising amount of time for your survival instinct to kick in, or for second thoughts.

As I wrote at the beginning, I hope other forum members can fill in some of the blanks I have left —specifically, I have seen a lot of questions about tank sizes outside the US that I cannot answer.

I don't wish anyone good luck at catching the bus. I wish we could all find our way to a joyous and satisfying life that would make death an unfortunate reality rather than a longed-for relief. But all of us here know that the Fates aren't always that kind, and so I wish you all the most peaceful relief from your pain that you can find, and if that peace is brought by Death, I hope Death comes gently.
This was brilliant! Thanks

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Yes, that's right. The adapter for the cylinder is easy to get.

This makes it easy to build a SCUBA setup, for example.

The adapter or modification for the SCBA plug in port is more difficult unless you buy a modified ready kit.

I think the best way is to buy a ready made SCBA kit or choose a SCUBA set up with adapter.

The advantage of SCUBA is that many tried-and-tested branded devices are available everywhere.
You can also use normal SCBA gear with an adapter to the cylinder.

Note that most SCUBA demand valves are inferior to SCBA ones, as they run on non-PP (while SCBA always runs on PP). There are also PP SCUBA demand valves, but from what I have seen they are much less common, as most experienced divers prefer non-PP.

If you use a PP SCUBA it should be similar to SCBA in performance as long as you use a comfortable mask (equalization nose blocks removed, free space for easy nose breathing). With SCUBA you have to keep in mind that you are using something where it isn't designed to be used (you are not underwater).

Non-PP is problematic for several reasons that I already said before on this and other threads:
▪ It is incapable of covering seal defects, the seal is 100% dependant on the mask.
▪ They can cause problems with shallow breathing (which has been confirmed in a SCUBAPRO e-mail and reported by @Andross01 on his own tests).

Reactions: ztem
E

ertn

Aug 17, 2022
You can also use normal SCBA gear with an adapter to the cylinder.
Do you have an example of how this is put together?

With things you can easily buy. Excluding imports from overseas to Europe.

L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
What are the chances I'll be able to have a nitrigen cylinder delivered? Do companies do that or will they think somethings off. I'm in the uk.

Γyuk

Γyuk

May 21, 2022
What are the chances I'll be able to have a nitrigen cylinder delivered? Do companies do that or will they think somethings off. I'm in the uk.
I recently received my cylinder in Europe without problems, no questions were asked.
The delivery guy didn't even know what he was delivering, he asked if I bought oxygen lol.

L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
I recently received my cylinder in Europe without problems, no questions were asked.
The delivery guy didn't even know what he was delivering, he asked if I bought oxygen lol.
So it was all wrapped in a cardboard box?

L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
Yes it was, it did have soms small labels on it but I think most people can't differentiate which gas it is.
Interesting. What company did you Use? You can pm me that if you want.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Do you have an example of how this is put together?

With things you can easily buy. Excluding imports from overseas to Europe.
In my country there are several companies that sell MSA/Dräger gear. MSA also has an EU shop.
Can't put links here obviously, it's against the rules.

I wonder what type of masks they used in the experiment.

Last edited:
A

akeris

Aug 29, 2022
In my country there are several companies that sell MSA/Dräger gear. MSA also has an EU shop.
Can't put links here obviously, it's against the rules.

I wonder what type of masks they used in the experiment.
Unfortunatly MSA EU Shop works with distributions partners, and it looks like they do not sell this stuff to regular customers. Wonder how @Joarga got his.

Last edited:
L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
Could anyone write me a step by step guide of how to CBT with nitrogen?

steve_s5

steve_s5

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Are there any experienced divers in scuba that have good knowledge about scuba in general? I have some questions that i wanted to ask, and please I want to ask a third party ( Nothing against @befree, and @GasMonkey) via Thread or write me a direct message for more information. I would be very happy if anyone could help me.

P

parkinglot

Sep 11, 2022
I have sourced my gas cylinder but now I need to find an SCBA mask, hose, and regulator. PMs are welcome and thanks in advance.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
@steve_s5 It's against forum rules to post sources, so don't be surprised if the post get removed. :-P

Reactions: steve_s5
L

lion4000b

May 6, 2020
Does anyone have any reservations in using the scuba scba mask instead of the bag?

I made an exit bag using a plastic oven bag (as described in PPH). I think it would work but its quite flimsicle which concerns me. Thats why Im looking at hoods and masks.

I bought/rented a Nitrogen cylinder 2 years ago. Ive only used it for a few seconds a few times to test it and have kept it tightly secured otherwise. Hoping to utilize it in the coming weeks. Do I need to check it (pressure etc) before use?

Last edited:
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
guys is it true the popular regulator that run by a man in canada is not a good choice, likely to not work or have varying flow rates etc? I just saw some comment from someone a year ago saying they would never trust this particular regulator as it "unregulated and only has an audience from this site" and i'm freaking out now as i'm already taking a risk using this method as is. to my knowledge the other popular brewery option is really just an oxygen one repurposed so not the best option, and I can't find any other combination flowmeter/regulators and I need a combination one I can't handle all the calculations and shit. I have intentionally not mentioned sources to respect the rules of the site so if you need clarification please PM me. I really wish I had never seen that comment I'm in hysterical tears. any reassurance would be so appreciated.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
guys is it true the popular regulator that run by a man in canada is not a good choice, likely to not work or have varying flow rates etc? I just saw some comment from someone a year ago saying they would never trust this particular regulator as it "unregulated and only has an audience from this site" and i'm freaking out now as i'm already taking a risk using this method as is. to my knowledge the other popular brewery option is really just an oxygen one repurposed so not the best option, and I can't find any other combination flowmeter/regulators and I need a combination one I can't handle all the calculations and shit. I have intentionally not mentioned sources to respect the rules of the site so if you need clarification please PM me. I really wish I had never seen that comment I'm in hysterical tears. any reassurance would be so appreciated.
HI, Princess,

I hope this message finds you well!

I read your post and wanted to assure you that your Canadian source for nitrogen hardware is the real thing and functions as advertised. I do remember the comment made by the former forum member. Kindly note that he has since been banned for spreading misinformation and being rude to fellow forum members. Sadly, there are people in this world who just wants to create disaccord to feel important and solicit attention. If memory serves me correctly, the individual was advocating SCUBA setups that cost thousands of dollars. Moreover, he was adamant that the flow rate ought to be set at a higher rate.

So please do not feel hysterical. There is no need to worry!

Best, G

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, GasMonkey and PrincessInWhite
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
HI, Princess,

I hope this message finds you well!

I read your post and wanted to assure you that your Canadian source for nitrogen hardware is the real thing and functions as advertised. I do remember the comment made by the former forum member. Kindly note that he has since been banned for spreading misinformation and being rude to fellow forum members. Sadly, there are people in this world who just wants to create disaccord to feel important and solicit attention. If memory serves me correctly, the individual was advocating SCUBA setups that cost thousands of dollars. Moreover, he was adamant that the flow rate ought to be set at a higher rate.

So please do not feel hysterical. There is no need to worry!

Best, G
I love you G!!! <3 I did see 2 other people mentioning the same thing besides this member, one said he would never trust it, and the other said "of the adapter, mask, and flow regulator from escmode only the adapter worked". are you ok if I PM you yet again? LOL you're the best <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I love you G!!! <3 I did see 2 other people mentioning the same thing besides this member, one said he would never trust it, and the other said "of the adapter, mask, and flow regulator from escmode only the adapter worked". are you ok if I PM you yet again? LOL you're the best <3
What adapter? The EM Kit runs entirely on N₂ "native mode", doesn't use any adapters at all.

P

parkinglot

Sep 11, 2022
I want to give an update on my own personal interaction with a gas supplier in USA for obtaining N2 gas. I put on my cheerful, normal person mask and went into a certain major welding gas supplier and said "hi I'm not a welder but I need some help, I want to buy my bf/gf/spouse/dog/cat a winekeeper." I showed the guy the webpage for the product and explained what I needed (a 40cu ft tank). He said I would need food grade nitrogen instead of just "regular" nitrogen (it is all the same but food grade gets an extra test before sale) and that it might take another few days to get it. I didn't quibble about the delay so as not to throw up any flags. Total cost was about $250 for a 40 of pure N2 gas. I'm not talking you into or out of this, I'm just sharing my experience with sourcing the gas while acting normal and having a good cover story.

Reactions: Kurt and Endex
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I want to give an update on my own personal interaction with a gas supplier in USA for obtaining N2 gas. I put on my cheerful, normal person mask and went into a certain major welding gas supplier and said "hi I'm not a welder but I need some help, I want to buy my bf/gf/spouse/dog/cat a winekeeper." I showed the guy the webpage for the product and explained what I needed (a 40cu ft tank). He said I would need food grade nitrogen instead of just "regular" nitrogen (it is all the same but food grade gets an extra test before sale) and that it might take another few days to get it. I didn't quibble about the delay so as not to throw up any flags. Total cost was about $250 for a 40 of pure N2 gas. I'm not talking you into or out of this, I'm just sharing my experience with sourcing the gas while acting normal and having a good cover story.
I ordered it to Uncle B3z0s and was shipped directly to my house. No questions asked. 😆