• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
I'm scared I'd fail the bag method if I tried it.
Too overcome the fear of failure regarding one's method it can help reading up on the mechanics of inert gas and death by hypoxia, as well as accidents regarding inert gases. Since CTB is a decision one should not take lightly without weighing the options and consequences. I would not blindly follow instructions on the internet without at least looking at multiply sources and forming your own opinion. Once you're confident about the mechanics and your materials it usually becomes easier.

I'm scared I'd fail the bag method if I tried it. It seems complicated after reading about regulators, valves, maintaining gas flow etc. I'm tempted to just use it in a car instead. How many ~ liters of argon gas would it take for a small car to fill up enough? Would you still need to use a regulator to control the gas flow? How do you know if a regulator will fit your gas container? Is it a one size fits all type of thing? Sorry if this has been discussed many times before.

It seems very complicated at first but that's mostly because every region appears to have different standards regarding gas type or application. The easiest route is to source your inert gas first and then find the appropriate adapter/regulator which fits your needs. There is no one size fits all and I would suggest being thorough since regulators can be expensive.

Argon or any inert gas is not poisonous, it simply replaces the oxygen depriving you from vital components for you to survive. To use a car you would have to replace all the air inside the car and keep it out for at least 20 min to ensure ctb.

A compact car have approximately the volume of 2800 liters of air, you would need to replace all that air very quickly and successfully replace it since the car isn't airtight to make this work. Since argon is a heavy gas it will form at bottom and up in car making it even harder since the head is near the ceiling of the car. It could work but you would need ridiculous amount of inert gas to pull it off.

There is a reason the bag or scuba/hood is used, to minimize the environment you breathe from making it quicker to replace the oxygen and using way less gas.

Reactions: minusgrader
M

minusgrader

Mar 18, 2024
Too overcome the fear of failure regarding one's method it can help reading up on the mechanics of inert gas and death by hypoxia, as well as accidents regarding inert gases. Since CTB is a decision one should not take lightly without weighing the options and consequences. I would not blindly follow instructions on the internet without at least looking at multiply sources and forming your own opinion. Once you're confident about the mechanics and your materials it usually becomes easier.

It seems very complicated at first but that's mostly because every region appears to have different standards regarding gas type or application. The easiest route is to source your inert gas first and then find the appropriate adapter/regulator which fits your needs. There is no one size fits all and I would suggest being thorough since regulators can be expensive.

Argon or any inert gas is not poisonous, it simply replaces the oxygen depriving you from vital components for you to survive. To use a car you would have to replace all the air inside the car and keep it out for at least 20 min to ensure ctb.

A compact car have approximately the volume of 2800 liters of air, you would need to replace all that air very quickly and successfully replace it since the car isn't airtight to make this work. Since argon is a heavy gas it will form at bottom and up in car making it even harder since the head is near the ceiling of the car. It could work but you would need ridiculous amount of inert gas to pull it off.

There is a reason the bag or scuba/hood is used, to minimize the environment you breathe from making it quicker to replace the oxygen and using way less gas.
Thank you for your advice. I'll continue with my research and i'll look into a few more methods. It's odd how complicated and overwhelming it seems when death really is the most straight forward thing when you think about it. Btw, going of your username I think we might be from the same country.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Thank you for your advice. I'll continue with my research and i'll look into a few more methods. It's odd how complicated and overwhelming it seems when death really is the most straight forward thing when you think about it. Btw, going of your username I think we might be from the same country.

Usually the society is built to protect us from accidentally harming ourself, this fact is what stops most suicidal people from dying peacefully. Since if a method is easy, convenient and not painful accidents are bound to happened to someone who isn't suicidal. Hanging is not especially complicated and been used for a long time with high mortality rate.

This is more complicated since it's more peaceful, but once you find all the parts it's really not complicated and easy to use, even if I heard some are struggling with the bag.

I figured it out that too were from the same country, your name is quite revealing. How about you send me a pm when your post count is higher and the option of sending pm is revealed to you, I could provide the parts I'm bought for my setup.

• Love
Reactions: minusgrader
Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
So you knocked over the tank when you went unconscious?
Yes, that's the case. It seemed like I had seizures when I was unconscious.

The PPH says the bag should be snug but not tight around the neck
As for non-native english-speaker, it leaves doubts as for how close to the skin the snug exactly is. Some pictures would be perfect.

You were using helium, are you sure it was high purity?
I had not tested it, but it should be so, since it was from the company which supplies gases for welders.

Did you use a helium gas regulator/flowmeter?
Yes, my flowmeter was exactly for a helium.

Reactions: Tears in Rain
roku6

roku6

Student
Jan 23, 2024
Something which is bothering me that I can barely find success stories with inert gas method despite it is expected to be the most peaceful way.
I saw Vizzy's and LetzteAusfahrt's setup for example and in the end they went by a different method.
What could be the flaw in these methods, why did they abandon it?

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Something which is bothering me that I can barely find success stories with inert gas method despite it is expected to be the most peaceful way.
I saw Vizzy's and LetzteAusfahrt's setup for example and in the end they went by a different method.
Quote vizzys method please

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
How big of a tank is recommended for Nitrogen at 25lpm?
25/kom X 30min = 750 liters, i would recommend around 1000l for testing your setup without sacrificing time.

Onomatopoeia recently successfully CTB with scuba method and Pph list exit bag as one of the recommended methods. The coffin pod in Switzerland also work in the same principle with high success rate.

So there is nothing wrong with the mechanics of the method but rather the execution of it. I will admit I've seen a lot of problems with the exit bag lately and I'm not sure why.

I've yet to test my inert gas method but I'm pretty confident in it, my worries are mostly around how peaceful it is not the lethality.

roku6

roku6

Student
Jan 23, 2024
Quote vizzys method please

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
He seems to be right. So @GasMonkey was all wrong about how @Vizzy killed himself?

It's getting stranger here than I thought. I was able to access vizzys profile for a minute and now I don't?

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
This method isn't that popular on here compared to other methods like SN.
Plus not everyone posts a goodbye thread.

@Vizzy seemed to take SN and use an EEBD hood with nitrogen also.
In his goodbye thread he said he took SN, but there was news stories from Thailand of an EEBD hood ctb (where he was living), which people here said was him.

In the last maybe 3 months I've only seen 3 inert gas goodbye threads:
@onomatopoeia SCUBA & nitrogen
@Banan321 exit bag & nitrogen
@pphinquiry SCBA & nitrogen

I previously linked a couple of other goodbye threads on the following thread:

Other goodbye threads I came across:
@SadRiceBall26(nitrogen & exit bag)

@Wunderkind (nitrogen + SCBA)

@Crushed_Innocence(helium + exit bag)

Pikmin

Pikmin

Mar 6, 2024
Is a 15lpm O2 regulator good enough for Nitrogen? I ordered one recommended by another user here, I'm unable to find a Nitrogen regulator in the US. Even the $250 Nitrogen Regulators require a business license for a doctor's office or dentist. I've been trying to get one for two weeks, with no luck.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Vizzy used Nitrogen at 20 LPM to CTB, he got most of his equipment from China

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Is a 15lpm O2 regulator good enough for Nitrogen? I ordered one recommended by another user here, I'm unable to find a Nitrogen regulator in the US. Even the $250 Nitrogen Regulators require a business license for a doctor's office or dentist. I've been trying to get one for two weeks, with no luck.
No, that O2 regulator won't fit a nitrogen cylinder. In the U.S., nitrogen cylinders use a CGA 580 connection. It's also the connection for argon and helium cylinders there, so you could use an argon or helium regulator with flowmeter. But not an O2 regulator.

Pikmin

Pikmin

Mar 6, 2024
No, that O2 regulator won't fit a nitrogen cylinder. In the U.S., nitrogen cylinders use a CGA 580 connection. It's also the connection for argon and helium cylinders there, so you could use an argon or helium regulator with flowmeter. But not an O2 regulator.
I have an adapter for a CGA580, and it does fit on my cylinder. I was wondering if the flow rate would be okay, because as far as I know, I won't get 15lpm with the oxygen regulator, it will be like 13.5lpm. I don't know if that calculation is correct, so I'm hoping someone who knows might be able to tell me if it's closer or not to 15lpm, and if it's safe. Or, preferably, where to get a click-style nitrogen regulator that doesn't require me to be a doctor or dentist.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I have an adapter for a CGA580, and it does fit on my cylinder. I was wondering if the flow rate would be okay, because as far as I know, I won't get 15lpm with the oxygen regulator, it will be like 13.5lpm. I don't know if that calculation is correct, so I'm hoping someone who knows might be able to tell me if it's closer or not to 15lpm, and if it's safe. Or, preferably, where to get a click-style nitrogen regulator that doesn't require me to be a doctor or dentist.
Well if you have an adapter, then it's fine to use. Going by a conversion chart I linked in a previous post, setting the oxygen regulator to 15 LPM gives a nitrogen flowrate of 16 LPM(15 X 1.06). There's not much of a difference between the density of oxygen and nitrogen.

I think there was a bit of confusion before, from previous posts I read, about the conversion rate for using nitrogen with an argon flowmeter. But it seemed eventually people settled on the conversion rate of 1.19. You multiply the argon regulator litres per minute(LPM) reading by 1.19 to give the actual nitrogen flowrate.
So:
- 12.5LPM on argon flowmeter gives ~15litres LPM nitrogen flow
- 15LPM on argon flowmeter gives ~ 18LPM nitrogen flow
- 20 LPM on argon flowmeter gives ~ 24 LPM nitrogen flow

Or do the opposite, and multiply the nitrogen flowrate you want by 0.84, to give the argon regulator rate you need to set.
E.g. -15(LPM nitrogen flowrate you want) * 0.84 = ~12.5 (argon LPM regulator setting).
- 25(LPM nitrogen flowrate you want) * 0.84 = ~ 21(argon LPM regulator setting).
Etc.

Here's the conversion chart people previously used.
View attachment 131937

They give an example, using helium with an argon flowmeter. The website used standard cubic feet per hour (SCFH). It's the same conversion for litres per minute (LPM).
Their final result should say 'Actual Helium Flow', not 'Actual Argon Flow'. That was a mistake on their part:

View attachment 131927

If you're still worried about it, then you may be more comfortable using a nitrogen regulator with nitrogen. You have 3 options:
1)Nitrogen regulator with floating ball flowmeter(Litres per minute (LPM) or Standard cubic feet per hour (SCFH), which can be converted to LPM:

View attachment 131930

2)Nitrogen regulator with litres per minute gauge:
View attachment 131931

3)Nitrogen click-style regulator:
View attachment 131933

Pikmin

Pikmin

Mar 6, 2024
Well if you have an adapter, then it's fine to use. Going by a conversion chart I linked in a previous post, setting the oxygen regulator to 15 LPM gives a nitrogen flowrate of 16 LPM(15 X 1.06). There's not much of a difference between the density of oxygen and nitrogen.
Thank you!

Reactions: Tears in Rain
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
When all I'm inhaling is helium, do I even exhale CO2?
Yes you do still exhale CO2, here's why:

You blood supply always holds a reserve of oxygen.
It does not go to zero as soon as you begin inhaling inert gas.
As long as your blood still has some O2 in it, you will continue to exhale some CO2.
The process continues until you no longer have enough O2 in your blood to sustain life.
The reserve oxygen is why you don't become unconscious right away,
and also why you don't die right away.

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
So, I've received my eebd hood and it looks so small, even more smaller compared to the pictures on the seller's page. The thought of put it on is daunting. I feel bad doing this to a private seller in a third world country, but I have to return it. I've spent so much much money, I can't afford to keep this if I won't be using it.
I'm feeling discouraged, and I think I may just take the jump and upgrade to Scba method. I'll just put it on a credit card. It would be worth it, especially if it's as superior and reliable as alot of posters say they are.
I have my eye on a Neptune 3 package,
So, I've been reading the Scba threads.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
So, I've received my eebd hood and it looks so small, even more smaller compared to the pictures on the seller's page. The thought of put it on is daunting. I feel bad doing this to a private seller in a third world country, but I have to return it. I've spent so much much money, I can't afford to keep this if I won't be using it.
The hood can seem a bit tight to put on initially, but they're designed to have the inner mask snug on the mouth.

But if its off-putting to have a hood on your head, you may as well send it back.

I'm feeling discouraged, and I think I may just take the jump and upgrade to Scba method. I'll just put it on a credit card. It would be worth it, especially if it's as superior and reliable as alot of posters say they are.
I have my eye on a Neptune 3 package,
So, I've been reading the Scba threads.
Is that Neptune III that you are referring to the SCUBA diving package? That's different to the SCBA(self contained breathing apparatus) firefighter gear.
You'll need a SCUBA adapter for the cylinder.

I guess the mask might be less claustrophobic for you than an exit bag or hood.

Pikmin

Pikmin

Mar 6, 2024
Can I just use some 3/8ths plastic tubing from the hardware store? I have everything except a hose.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Can I just use some 3/8ths plastic tubing from the hardware store? I have everything except a hose.
I've never bought plastic tubing, but someone previously posted the following:
Screenshot 20240329 171746

Hardware stores in some countries sell vinyl tubing, same thing.

Reactions: Pikmin
Pikmin

Pikmin

Mar 6, 2024
I wanted to share my experience buying Nitrogen from Airgas in the US.

The employees didn't know if the nitrogen they carried was 99 percent, so I had to wait 40 minutes for them to get in contact with the distributor. While I was waiting, I was getting interrogated about why I needed 99 percent, and lower purities would be fine. I anticipated some questioning, spoke about plastic welding. They then seriously questioned me about how nitrogen is used to weld plastic, I said it's basically like a shielding gas, and they finally let it go. It was super uncomfortable to just bullshit two employees for so long. Honestly after getting home, the whole experience was just so taxing and uncomfortable I don't want to CTB as bad right now lol. I'm sure I'll feel depressed again soon.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: limeoctave
J

joeschmo

Feb 25, 2024

The employees didn't know if the nitrogen they carried was 99 percent, so I had to wait 40 minutes for them to get in contact with the distributor. While I was waiting, I was getting interrogated about why I needed 99 percent, and lower purifies would be fine. I anticipated some questioning, spoke about plastic welding. They then seriously questioned me about how nitrogen is used to weld plastic, I said it's basically like a shielding gas, and they finally let it go. It was super uncomfortable to just bullshit two employees for so long. Honestly after getting home, the whole experience was just so taxing and uncomfortable I don't want to CTB as bad right now lol. I'm sure I'll feel depressed again soon.
Being from the U.S. this is some really helpful information. My plan was to pick 3 locations and simply give them a short "it's for brewing beer" response, and if they kept asking I would just leave and try the other 2 locations. Chances are one of them will simply sell the gas without questioning.
Curious though, what state and store was it? If you can't say it here then PM me if you like.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Anyone struggling with the method due to si kicking in and removed the hood after a few seconds even though you know it's your only way out? guilt or adrenaline rush to stop trying it?fear of it going wrong or the mess you leave behind.

Pikmin

Pikmin

Mar 6, 2024
Anyone struggling with the method due to si kicking in and removed the hood after a few seconds even though you know it's your only way out? guilt or adrenaline rush to stop trying it?fear of it going wrong or the mess you leave behind.
I haven't attempted yet, but as far as I know, if you're doing it as the PPeH suggests, you should pass out within a few breaths - not 30 seconds, but like 10 seconds or less. They explicitly say 1-2 breaths. They recommend putting the bag over your head - think of a chef's hat, and hyperventilate for two minutes while the bag is filling with inert gas. Once the bag is fully inflated over your head, exhale completely - all of the air out of your lungs, pull the bag down and cinch it closed around your neck. Take very deep breaths, and you should pass out very fast.

Last edited:
Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022

The employees didn't know if the nitrogen they carried was 99 percent, so I had to wait 40 minutes for them to get in contact with the distributor. While I was waiting, I was getting interrogated about why I needed 99 percent, and lower purities would be fine. I anticipated some questioning, spoke about plastic welding. They then seriously questioned me about how nitrogen is used to weld plastic, I said it's basically like a shielding gas, and they finally let it go. It was super uncomfortable to just bullshit two employees for so long. Honestly after getting home, the whole experience was just so taxing and uncomfortable I don't want to CTB as bad right now lol. I'm sure I'll feel depressed again soon.
Damn, I hate these questions..
Dude, just sell it to me, what the fuck do you want from me?
Or do you really think that I can't read on the Internet why I need nitrogen with 99% purity before buying so that I don't look suspicious?

Some unknown people think they are our judge

Reactions: limeoctave
Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
Yes you do still exhale CO2, here's why:

You blood supply always holds a reserve of oxygen.
It does not go to zero as soon as you begin inhaling inert gas.
As long as your blood still has some O2 in it, you will continue to exhale some CO2.
The process continues until you no longer have enough O2 in your blood to sustain life.
The reserve oxygen is why you don't become unconscious right away,
and also why you don't die right away.

Thanks for the explanation and sorry for not answering sooner, had very little time over the last days.

Does anyone know how pure Helium must be to be viable?

Where I buy, there is Helium 4.6, which is supposed to be of a guaranteed purity of 99,996%.
Then there is Helium 2.8 (99,8% purity) and "Balloon Gas" Helium 2.0 (99,0% purity).
All of those should be enough, I guess?

And what about Nitrogen? I'm considering to just switch to nitrogen, because of the flow-meter problem with Helium.
The Nitrogen there is segmented into 5.0 (99,999%), 4.0 (99,99%) and 2.8 (99,8%).
Again, If these percentage figures are accurate, then all of them should be good enough?

Last edited: